I just found my way to this topic via another site and I m pretty excited about this MOD. Some quick questions though:
- so I boot regular (skylake or Kabylake), go to BIOS overwrite my 7.60 with 7.51D and the insert Coffe Lake CPU (modded)?
- does my Skylake work with the modbios afterwards, or not? I read somewhere above that Kabylakes work
- The 7.51 seems to not include the Meltdown/Spectre microcode, correct? So the CPU is not protected then?
- What exactly is those 2 pins that we are connecting? (on Kaby and on Coffee), so what am I connecting?
- do you see the chance that Windows will get an update/patch/Microcode that will prevent this mod from working ?
- I assume the power draw of the 8700K is something higher than 6700K (which I own), the OCF should be able to handle this, right? I dont suppose I need to connect the full 12 EPS-pins? (Currently I am only using the 4+4, but the OCFM does only have 4+4 anyway).
Thanks for answering this.