HWBOT Community Forums

Sin's Ultimate GIGABYTE Z97X Overclocking Guide

sin0822

Is there in both BIOS mode...

For persons like me (aka "the retailers")

There is nothing in classic mode

attachment.php?attachmentid=2214&stc=1&d=1403795689

There is nothing in uefi mode

attachment.php?attachmentid=2215&stc=1&d=1403795689

There might be something in ghostbuster mode , but i still havent found the combination keys to enable it. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi I tested the z97x-soc force with bios f4, f6, f7d and got about 950 pts in XTU (4770k stock + 2x2gb 2000 CAS8). Then I flash with x04 during a dry ice session (could not run XTU in the session), before ending I replaced main bios with f7d. A few days later I try XTU again but I can not get 950ish, I get between 520 and 530 pts (try other bios, backup bios, fresh install, etc, and still the same). But in cinebench I get results in line with stock settings. Could it be related to the bios?

• 3 weeks later...

Check your uncore speed.

I tried a beta bios in my z97x UD3H and it set my uncore to 8 (800mhz) in Auto. I got a very low XTU score until I realised what the problem was.

I also found that I had to do a "clr cmos" with the power off and disconnected after a did a bios reflash to an earlier version to ensure that the new bios was loaded correctly.

Cheers

Edited by Rebel

• 3 months later...
  • Crew

Is there a way to set RTLs? Mine seem to be very high like 47/48 9/10. Also every reboot they seem to differ, so a good sp32m run is coincidence.

And how to get tcwl=6 ? Every time I try to set, board hangs with C0.

Im on Z97X SOC Force F7e and Samsung ICs running 1400Mhz CL9-12-12-21

Edited by Strunkenbold

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a way to set RTLs? Mine seem to be very high like 47/48 9/10. Also every reboot they seem to differ, so a good sp32m run is coincidence.

And how to get tcwl=6 ? Every time I try to set, board hangs with C0.

Im on Z97X SOC Force F7e and Samsung ICs running 1400Mhz CL9-12-12-21

I've had a lot of issues with board hanging at c0 when trying to get (samsung, 2800) settings that ran easily before running. I'm on X04.

• Crew

You definitely need X04, I train my mems now with samsung tight memory profile, then I lock rtls before I alter some of my subs. If this is booting I try to tighten rtls even more. And then I work on the subs and thirds. Often I need 1-3 trys before board boots successfully. At least I figured it out, though it seems my performance is still poor but at least Im finally under 6 minutes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

guys, someone can help me out with a bios for the SOC-Force LN2 board, that can give 2.10v+ for vdimm and the gigabyte launcher oc tool is supported? with X02 bios, it does not work, and F bioses are vdimm limited by 2.10v.

ive seen couple guys running SOC-Force X04 on LN2 board, but if i try to flash it with qflash or efiflash ive got bios id mismatch error. any clue about to solve it? thanks

Edited by Achill3uS