HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2014 - SC2: GPU Challenge thread.

Massman

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full out is not interesting :( I really hoped to be an igpu only stage.

Now I have to buy a bigger board, instead of mini-atx and I think the platform loses its charm this way...

Plus it is easier to sell the mini-itx afterwards, because everyone is looking for these boards and not the bigger ones.

Now I have to buy a bigger board, instead of mini-atx and I think the platform loses its charm this way...

Plus it is easier to sell the mini-itx afterwards, because everyone is looking for these boards and not the bigger ones.

Agree, very weird choice.

• Crew

AFAIK there are no boards with support for SLI/CF.

Otherwise, making this fullout would make this stage cpu limited like the 3DM01 K6 stage. Very interesting though. Cheap platform also. 60-70€ for cpu+board.

AFAIK there are no boards with support for SLI/CF.

Otherwise, making this fullout would make this stage cpu limited like the 3DM01 K6 stage. Very interesting though. Cheap platform also. 60-70€ for cpu+board.

Yes, but the one I was going to buy has one x4 PCI-E slot. I'm not even sure how cpu-bound it would be, but if we need a high-end gpu on this very cheap platform... it's a big "NO" for me.

I'm not even sure if it supports x16 PCI-E.

PS: So the APU only supports x4.

Edited by I.nfraR.ed

I agree too, I.nfraR.ed-san

Expensive card win? There is no meaning of kabini. I hope purely igpu fight

Edited by Kotori

ok in case of gt610 it wouldn´t be cpu-limited bei kabini :D

it doesn´t really matter to me because i don´t have a kabini, but i´m courious how much power it might have in case of full-out :)

Edited by Luebke

Reference models, yes. But something like the 780 Ti KPE or the MSI 290x Lightning was not. Where do you put the line?

I think you're reading the date in american format. Neither implementations where released in the last 6 days of this month AFAIK.

• Crew
i assume HW released after 01/06/2014 is not alowed

Wait for Massman's confirmation, but I'm pretty sure that this is correct. Any hardware released after the beginning of the competition is not allowed.

Reference models, yes. But something like the 780 Ti KPE or the MSI 290x Lightning was not. Where do you put the line?

01.06.14 is the line.

Please remember that 01.06.14 is the first of June. ;)

This competition page needs revision/clarification: http://hwbot.org/competition/team_cup_2014_sc2/stage/1432_amd_s939_single_core_nv8000,9000_3dm01/

At the top of the page it says "HWBOT Team Cup 2014 - SC2: GPU Challenge - 3DMark03."

Then, below that it says "

Stage: AMD S939 Single Core NV8000,9000 3DM01 open - 81 days to go."

In the stage details it says "Stage Details

3DMark03 is open until 31 August 2014."

So, which benchmark should be run and submitted under for this stage, 3DMark01 or 3DMark03?