HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA 2014 Grand final thread.

Massman

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can still participate in Class B :)

Z87/Z97 MPower ~200 USD (used even cheaper)

70 USD CPU

120 USD GPU

That's another option, but I think that is more difficult to get the ticket (more when I am a nOOb on this competitions) and we compete against top guys around the world.

1200 USD for class A (CPU, mobo, GPU, SSD), I would enter in the AM qualifiers so, would be Mikecdm, rbuass, gnidaol, ftw that have to compete on class A as rules says, plus the other guys that enter on the same class in the competition.

Decisions...

That's another option, but I think that is more difficult to get the ticket (more when I am a nOOb on this competitions) and we compete against top guys around the world.

1200 USD for class A (CPU, mobo, GPU, SSD), I would enter in the AM qualifiers so, would be Mikecdm, rbuass, gnidaol, ftw that have to compete on class A as rules says, plus the other guys that enter on the same class in the competition.

Decisions...

Travel to Antartica :P No, i also dont like the 1 Guy per Country^^

• Crew
why is this logic?

B class is not a class for people with less skill than A class

the difference between class A and class B is that it is cheaper to participate in class B

I know what you mean Martin, though I see Class B more as an entrance for new OCing blood. Nothing more nothing less, it's like a top Formula 1 driver going for karting. If nothing happens ( technical failure) he will asswhoop the rest. Just imagine you, Vivi and Splave doing Class B, what's the point in that ? Better give a straight ticket then for China :D

Hi, I have a Question. Do the contest have any age requeriment? Because I am 17 years old and Im deciding if I buy MSI hardware to compete or stay with my actual hardware.

Thanks!

I'll need to check that with MSI. I am pretty sure you'd need your parents consent or something like that.

• Crew

Great to see MSI doing MOA again this year, but I'm slightly puzzled by the one participant per country rule, it would make sense if not for the USA 2 participants rule.

I heard the rule is to stop hardware sharing, all of the TeamAU guys live 10+ hour drives apart. If I want to bench with Jack its 6 hours on a plane or 3 days car drive. So how do the US get 2 spots? Surely it cant be due to population, because Brazil or India arn't getting 2 spots?

Is it possible for us to get some clarification on how US get 2 spots when everyone else get 1? I'm interesting in the thought process that went into this

Cheers