HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA 2014 Grand final thread.

Massman

*random GPU with no available BIOS support from manufacturer - sure we all understand the complications involved in supporting numerous types of GPU design... but 'we' didnt pick it..

*contest class based on unavailable CPU - MSI have no idea of retail availability... ...really...??

I like the benchies.. but really..how to participate when binning GPU is useless and CPU are not available for 1/3 of the comp time? This smells like MSI of past.. 'when something so right..can be sooo wrong'

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*random GPU with no available BIOS support from manufacturer - sure we all understand the complications involved in supporting numerous types of GPU design... but 'we' didnt pick it..

*contest class based on unavailable CPU - MSI have no idea of retail availability... ...really...??

I like the benchies.. but really..how to participate when binning GPU is useless and CPU are not available for 1/3 of the comp time? This smells like MSI of past.. 'when something so right..can be sooo wrong'

- the bios shouldn't be a problem, that's why the decision not to spend unnecessary resources proving 40+ different variants.

- even retailers are unsure about the G3258 release date; it's an issue on Intel side rather than MSI side.

I'll bring up the issue of the G3258 with MSI. Maybe we have to allow Core i3 instead, which would sadly enough bump up the price to compete but at least it will be available to all. Or we just allow the G3250. I'll keep you guys update.

I'll bring up the issue of the G3258 with MSI. Maybe we have to allow Core i3 instead, which would sadly enough bump up the price to compete but at least it will be available to all. Or we just allow the G3250. I'll keep you guys update.

gw-itcrowdmosspopcorn.gif

- even retailers are unsure about the G3258 release date; it's an issue on Intel side rather than MSI side.

G3258s will be in stock over the next... 2 weeks?

Maybe push out the B cup start or end dates a few weeks?