HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z97 OC Formula-PSC

Guest Bullant

arazebe2.jpg

Thanks for the screen mate,i didn't know what subs make the difference :D .

How do you show in the screen what voltage was used ?

It is 1.857,maybe it can go lower...i didn't tested.

I can't read you screen any way to get a screenshot of it and upload?

As for displaying vdimm, use a multimeter and the read points as I know of no program to display vdimm on the Asrock. Your ram is definitely good and worthy of testing under LN2, looking forward to your results :)

I will upload later when i have internet on pc. The settings are identical as those in your screen. I'm still testing now the ram,after i will finish i will upload some screens :)

Something nice which i've obtained so far is same settings as in your screen but frequency at 2700 @1.89v. I need a good windows,my efficiency is a mess...

i'm done for tonight,i need a better so(this was for 3d :)) )and to learn proper wazaa.

~1.86v

attachment.php?attachmentid=2217&stc=1&d=1403911675

~1.89V

attachment.php?attachmentid=2218&stc=1&d=1403911729

My question is,a 4790k+z97 will allow me to go further in frequencies or latency ?

Or both ?

I want to know if to consider the investment....or this will suffice.

Thanks guys and apologies to bullant for highjacking the thread :D .

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bullant

Little update,haven't done much memory testing as late but here was a little testing i did with some lower binned memory with Asrocks Z97 OCF

CPU on water memory only -25 on single stage using EK adapter plate,great little plate for pre testing memory for cold scaling,volts .....

2200_pi.png

299x2.png

DSCN9511.jpg

DSCN9505.jpg

Guest Bullant

Some PSC efficiency testing I did a little while ago,cpu on water and memory on air

Ln2 results to come and the new Pentium that im looking forward to trying as Pentium imcs look awesome

Nick has done a great job on the board again,for those that are unsure on how to set bios up for 32M memory benching, Nick has a 32m air profile that sets the bios up for you,disabling all unwanted stuff in bios that you need to disable for 32m efficiency.

Also few things are enabled,once this is set its just a matter of selecting your memory profile for your ics and your away,quite easy for the people that are unsure of the tweaking as this gives them a head start

snaphsot0010.png

Edited by Bullant

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bullant

Little Pentium test.bit of a trashed 3D OS as I couldn't be bothered setting up new OS,think their be bit more in efficiency if I ran on new OS.

Should produce a nice time on new OS,cold on CPU and full cold on the memory's

CPU on water and memory -10, 1.96v

r8iikj.png

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant

Some more Pentium stability testing with PSC,switched to different memory's and different CPU

Should have some LN2 soon to start testing cold

Memory's on air

i1be2o.jpg

ama7hh.png

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bullant

So I was have a chat with Splave just recently and he was kind enough to give me a few tips,thanks big guy.Anyway he was also saying to try my chip that has a wounded imc,so i did, I didn't get any passes tonight but it shows the board is quite impressive

316nf29.jpg

264huvr.jpg

5Ghz run OS was trashed board was pretty wet buy now,was loosing bit of efficiency

nyxlb7.jpg

scz2ma.jpg

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant

Testing one of two Pentiums I bought a little while ago,first time testing this cpu on cold and with cold memory's

This run was no waza

e0lll2.png

This run was with waza,will have to try a smaller waza later as i think the one I was using was a little to big

akijq8.png

Tried a 5Ghz run but by this time was getting little unstable,was looking ok thinking if this passed 56.3xx

33blhs7.png

Guest Bullant
bullant the master of not exact in round!!

crazy time for a pentium :D. 56.3xx.

they could be huge fun at 6.5 :<

Yeah think I need to sort out waza size,getting tired of this not exact round lol

Yeah one of these Pentium could be quite good 6.5-6.6Ghz