HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z97 OC Formula-PSC

Guest Bullant

I have managed to run simple CL5 config for fun so I have few screenshots.

All air cooling, normal win7 even with antivirus.

I went tighter but twcl5 was not possible.

GskillPI kit.

Edited by IOWA

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bullant

Got these new GSkill Pi 2200 cl7 2015 April code 1200 the other day and they not to

bad air and ln2 ,will post a pic of the memory's later

The first dim tested 1.89v all air and tight as I normally run,both dims together pass 1.9v

21bku9e.png

Little cold testing @ 2.17v only -130 wasn't 3 stable but mite improve once HS removed and colder temps

2ms23wp.png

Guest Bullant
looks solid!

Yeah I was supprized this kit that I bought from someone that they received back from rma was ok clocking,my only concern with them on cold is they may be volts limited.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bullant

Had a little play with Pentium and 4x PSC tonight is something I worked out how to run about 6-12 months ago,all air

2jb2ya1.png

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant

Its not to bad for PSC considering its only 2666,it would be quite nice if could run say 2750 6-10-6 on cold but I think Imc would really struggle to be honest.

• Administrators

The time is good and this was good work to make it run at all, 4 sticks on Haswell is not easy to do. For me main problems occur when I work with 4 sticks and have to do bclk oc on top, this is very unstable and often no go, this is why I asked if it is a real alternative in your opinion. Thanks for answer

Guest Bullant
The time is good and this was good work to make it run at all, 4 sticks on Haswell is not easy to do. For me main problems occur when I work with 4 sticks and have to do bclk oc on top, this is very unstable and often no go, this is why I asked if it is a real alternative in your opinion. Thanks for answer

Oh I see,I didn't use my best sticks but still ok sticks,I was able to boot 2720mhz but not stable,was able to pass 7 loops no waza with 2700mhz just std HS on CPU .Ill have little more play with it later see if anymore improvement

Thanks

Guest Bullant

Hey,was just checking any 4ghz Pentium subs around on air and only one I found was barbonenet sub on XS with sammy sticks at 2870mhz and his time was 20.800 so considering I'm on PSC @ 2666 and only .700ms behind his time I would have to say running 4X PSC on Haswell for air is pretty good really.Barbonenet is a very good overclocker and I'm sure his time is efficient,it does seem 4x is worth trying,need to test more for sure

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant

Just having a play again with the Pentuim all air and this time only 2 dims of PSC,as you can see I had to push 2x memory hard to match 4 dims,also this run is little more cpu speed.While the 4x memory is good on air I think it will be hard to get great improvement on cold 4X PSC vs 2x PSC because of haswell imc or board

11x2ecf94.png

2jb2ya1.png

Guest Bullant

Hey mate,what board are you using,have you changed or tried different CPU?so it use to run 2666 but now it doesn't ?

The board is a z97 OCF, i've not different cpu to test if is a weak IMC.

WIth 2200 pi's and with very relax timing i'm able to close an XTU run @ 2600, with SA +400/ analog IO +250/ digital IO +300.

With my previous CPU 4770k and 4790k, i hadn't problem at all to run 2666 cl 8-12-8.

Edited by RULE

Guest Bullant

Yeah,sounds like your current CPU isn't as good as the other CPUs imc,in saying that did you use same voltages on all CPUs ,that is some very high Voltages but mainly the SA that is quite high

Guest Bullant

Hey guys I decided to pass a pic off how to run 4X PSC with Z97 OCF,very easy to do with every timing equal you will see great efficiency from 4X PSC vs 2X PSC

2666x4 PSC vs 2666x2 PSC would prob see X4 PSC 1-1.5 seconds faster time in 32M Pi with all things equal.You will maybe have to set rtls and iols manually,with OCF just set 40-41-4-4 for them when running air cl8-12-8.Will also test this on cold 4X PSC in coming weeks,have done a couple slight test,will need to test more on cold and higher MHz CPU

Will try all this on Gigabyte Z97 SOC force,I also later plan on doing a complete Z97 Gigabyte cold PSC memory benching guide with pics and settings to help anyone interested

Any questions please ask,remember you try these things at your own risk

Just set the 3-4 sub timings as shown in pic below to help 4x PSC to work along with the rtls and iol if needed as said above

vmwu8w.png

Edited by Bullant