HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z97 OC Formula-PSC

Guest Bullant

• Administrators

Good job, but we had this before on z87 for example- if you check xs alex ro had a 4x2gb run at 2600 with psc long time ago, and subs he used are nearly identical on z87 - as said, you gain speed with 4 stick against 2 on air like you did at ddr2 times with gmh and at ivy or sb with PSC or Hyper/BBSE, but without cold you will lose to Samsungs imho quite clear, especially if someone can run 2933, but also on 2875 c9 sams - thanks for sharing for a bigger audience nontheless :)

Edited by websmile

Guest Bullant

Yeah I never seen Alex Ro 4x PSC on Z87,this is something I taught myself (Ill be sure to look around before i post anymore results just incase someone has done it before me)and wasn't really trying to beat Samsung if I wanted to do that I just freeze my PSC.Was just showing people if they have no Samsung like myself you can get a nice boost with 4X PSC on air and Z97 it mite not work very well on cold with 4X PSC but I like to keep trying everything and if possible improve along the way.I always test air first but my goal is to then test on cold and improve if possible,I only use air as efficiency testing

Edit,its not just about subs too it also will require locking rtls and iols in if they start to wonder,rtls can go all over the place when trying 4 dims

Edited by Bullant

Yeah I never seen Alex Ro 4x PSC on Z87,this is something I taught myself (Ill be sure to look around before i post anymore results just incase someone has done it before me)and wasn't really trying to beat Samsung if I wanted to do that I just freeze my PSC.Was just showing people if they have no Samsung like myself you can get a nice boost with 4X PSC on air and Z97 it mite not work very well on cold with 4X PSC but I like to keep trying everything and if possible improve along the way.I always test air first but my goal is to then test on cold and improve if possible,I only use air as efficiency testing

Edit,its not just about subs too it also will require locking rtls and iols in if they start to wonder,rtls can go all over the place when trying 4 dims

Well done bully :)

I have been testing 4x2GB config as well, but always fail with waza and can only pass non waza runs on air. On cold I can't even train c6 twcl 6 with four sticks at even 2600. I have tried setting RTL's manually and no go curious to see if you can get it to work Usain :D

Guest Bullant
Well done bully :)

I have been testing 4x2GB config as well, but always fail with waza and can only pass non waza runs on air. On cold I can't even train c6 twcl 6 with four sticks at even 2600. I have tried setting RTL's manually and no go curious to see if you can get it to work Usain :D

Hey thanks loud,

I can do the above results on air 2666 cl8-12-8 but I just tried today with the memory on the SS -25 and its not really helping to much,if I try 8-11-8 it fails,was able to boot 2800 cl8 but unstable.Will try later to put the CPU on cold see if I can see any improvement,it seems its not the memory holding it back but imc,

Guest Bullant

Little play this morning ,all air with little waza run,will test some more with different waza sizes and 4x2gb PSC

ancx3d.png

Guest Bullant

Ran a 4X2Gb and seems its lot harder to pass 4x2Gb with the i7 then the Pentium even tho I believe this imc on the i7 is better then the Pentium imc

Could be another .300 faster time in it at these settings now that I worked something els out

s5cu4w.png

Guest Bullant

Nice work loud,keep pushing it should finally have some LN2 myself soon and ill try the low clock stuff too,will be on Z97 Gigabyte to start with

Holy crappo mate, that's quick.

Good luck once you get the refill.

I'm still stuck in 17.8's.

finished the night with this:

fF04A7x.png

y9ENYh6.png

lIOmaM4.jpg

Had some faster runs that kept failing at 16 or 22 fml, moar juice on Monday but it was a nice comeback, have not benched anything in a while.

Nice work loud,keep pushing it should finally have some LN2 myself soon and ill try the low clock stuff too,will be on Z97 Gigabyte to start with

Epic, let's get back to it, nothing beats lcc :)

Allen all ready has a nice head start on us bully time to get to work :D

Edited by l0ud_sil3nc3

Guest Bullant

Nice work loud,yeah Splave got us good on this platform we been playing catch up from the beginning ahaha,well done on beating him and very nice efficiency

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bullant

First time really for me testing BBSE,just a quick stability test of the first kit off BBSE, looking ok, 1.91v all air 2133 8-9-8-24 kit

29duxp5.png

27ybp1e.jpg

Will also give this kit a quick test soon also,another BBSE kit 2200 9-9-9-27

wb9mpx.jpg

Have this PSC kit to test as well,real quick test of this kit seen 2700 1.9v all air

9r21sp.jpg

Will finish up air testing and test further on LN2 memorys

3128piu.jpg

Guest Bullant
tRP 7 possible at all bully?

great find seems bbse is incredibly rare now

All air 2700Mhz all tight 1.94v with trp 7

11tlt1z.png

Did some quick test of my A-Datas with EK memory adapter for Div 2:

image_id_1429151.png

http://hwbot.org/submission/2890663

Terrible picture quality, but you can see that the adapter works fine. RAM settings change from 2600 8-12-8 to 2726 7-12-7 while keeping CPU frequency at 4500 gave boost from 1107 to 1136. Although I could not tighten TRCD to 11, maybe I would have to go colder. It's second kit I'm testing on cold and both don't work 100% well - the other could do the same frequency but was unable to go tighter than 8-11-8 and didn't accept voltage over 2.05V.

kK5UxRNm.jpg

Guest Bullant
From what I know, CL6+tWCL6 is not possible on BBSE. Only CL5/6+tWCL8 or CL7+tWCL6.

Thanks Sam,yeah I haven't seen anyone doing cl6 on them either,ill try cl6 myself and if no good I guess cl7-twcl6 be the go as cl5/cl6-twcl8 could be slower I would think

Nice pic odbytorq

Be interesting what they do on cold,is cl6 normally possible with BBSE cold?

As Sam has said, cas 6 with twcl 6 is not possible on this ic (BBSE), but I think cas 7 with twcl 6 will be the limiting factor. Also the bottom thirds can not run 9-9-7 and only 11-11-11 on the OC Formula for me so I think in reality for BBSE to competitive you would need 2900 7-9-6-18 and even then I am not so sure it can hang with 2860 6-10-6 PSC with ultra tight thirds.

Either way I can't wait to see what you do with these magical dimms :D

Guest Bullant
As Sam has said, cas 6 with twcl 6 is not possible on this ic (BBSE), but I think cas 7 with twcl 6 will be the limiting factor. Also the bottom thirds can not run 9-9-7 and only 11-11-11 on the OC Formula for me so I think in reality for BBSE to competitive you would need 2900 7-9-6-18 and even then I am not so sure it can hang with 2860 6-10-6 PSC with ultra tight thirds.

Either way I can't wait to see what you do with these magical dimms :D

Thanks,I didn't know about the 11-11-11,ill keep that in mind,the thing I'm thinking about is rtls as they = effiencey so if I try cl7 twcl6 rtls would be 38-39 so maybe cl5 twcl8 will do 36-37 rtls if twcl doesn't effect rtls as I haven't played much with twcl8

So if possible cl5 twcl8 rtls 36-37 vs cl7 twcl6 rtls 38-39,if twcl8 and rtls 36-37 are possible then it maybe faster then the cl7 twcl6 rtl 38-39,just thinking out loud.Will try it all see what I can do,hoping 2800mhz a least

The dims are scaling on air nice have taken them to 1.95v and they haven't reached limit yet so hopefully they scale on cold as well

Guest Bullant

Little further testing on these BBSE sticks,running same as before 2700Mhz all tight only this time with trfc 72,all air......... 1.94v

I havnt really looked around to see if BBSE can normally run trfc this tight on air

1z6rrx5.png

ta1z85.jpg

Guest Bullant

Tested some Gskll Pis 2000 9-9-9-24 kit of PSC today,not the greatest but Ive had worse.Is pcb code KO 8117 2720 8-12-8 all fairly tight 1.93v all air

2e0tlar.png

dzz9c7.jpg