HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z97 OC Formula-PSC

Guest Bullant

Guest TheMadDutchDude

That's on air I believe.

Also, yes, most (from what I've heard) MSI boards don't agree with PSC at all.

+0.4 SA on air is a risky game. Better you than me. ;):D

My first LN2 mem test at home - starring Z97M OCF and A-Data XPG 2000+:

6iBW4Svl.png thmXaYZl.jpg

No stable TRCD 11, I also couldn't stabilize 1333 multiplier although they did 2720C7 on dice previously. Mem full pot, -135 @2.15. I need to improve insulation :)

Time to pick next candidates for freezing:

880qsm9l.jpg

Edited by phobosq
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Out of curiosity - which RAM slots do you guys use, did you see a difference between yellow and black ones?

I don't have the OCF but I have the SOC Force from Gigabyte, I noticed I could not get 2800 CL9 to work whatsoever on my TridentX kit in the black slots (the ones closest to the CPU)

I switched to the orange slots, first try instantly booted, got RTL's tightened down and all secondary and tertiary's as well.

I was extremely mad at the time because I had been trying to use the closer slots for ages trying to get 2800 CL9 to work, and first try in the orange slots it posted like no big deal at all lol.

Well that seems a bit racist. :P

In fact there was no easy way out if PC was a goal :P

Only use the black ones mate

I do now, but for last year I used the other ones (:D) and they worked just fine, I swapped them only when going subzero due to limited mounting space. And my small board is also wounded, I think I need to clean up the CPU socket.

Edited by phobosq

Guest Bullant
In fact there was no easy way out if PC was a goal :P

I do now, but for last year I used the other ones (:D) and they worked just fine, I swapped them only when going subzero due to limited mounting space. And my small board is also wounded, I think I need to clean up the CPU socket.

They'll work fine for sure but it could reduce some memory MHz freq,so if your using memory in the black slots "psc say" @ max freq 2666 stable if you change to yellow slots those same psc would prob struggle to be stable @ 2666,well was in some testing that I've done.

I've had a z97 board that I wounded one of the black slots from moisture and it was pointless running my memory in the other slots due to less stability when trying to run 2800+ cl6

The book does state to run in the black slot position I believe

Edited by Bullant

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bullant

Looks good mate,never tested those memory's but I like the 2666 nice and tight good work

Edit I just notice your dram volts,are they allowing you to go that high on air? Its strange they even post

Edited by Bullant