HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z97 OC Formula-PSC

Guest Bullant

The best memory for today?

Separately, in view of OC in the air and separately on the ln2.

Select.

Panram PUD33000C128G2LSK

Patriot Viper 2500c9

Geil 2933C11

Corsair 3200C13

G Skill 2400C10

Team 2666C10

your opinion?

Thanks.

Patriot Viper 2500c9 - If these are PSC then other kits have proven to be good on air and average on LN2.

Team 2666C10 - Should be good Samsung for air.

Geil 2933C11 and G Skill 2400C10 - Both of these could be Hynix, so good for Frequency Validations only.

Just my thoughts.

Edited by Noxinite
  • Like 1

Patriot Viper 2500c9 - If these are PSC then other kits have proven to be very good air and LN2.

Team 2666C10 - Should be good Samsung for air.

Geil 2933C11 and G Skill 2400C10 - Both of these could be Hynix, so good for Frequency Validations only.

Just my thoughts.

Thanks.

I will clarify.

My main applications - games at the moment.

Their engine to direct x 9 - that is, single-core.

Starcraft and worldoftanks.

I'm going to squeeze everything out of the processor.

I do not propose to restrict the list that I have brought.

I decided that this is the best, but I have very little experience, I believe that there are better than these models.

What is best of all in general?

I studied the memory tests, concluded that the best way to increase the number of frames per second set to 2400 MHz, with minimal latency.

It's true?

Thank you.

DDR3 memory is no longer current, all vendors have switched to DDR4.

This is a chance to buy the best.

If you choose the best of the best, what?

For example, I looked through the forum,

2500C9 Patriot air gives 2600С8 and 2933С6 cooling on 2.4 volts.

G Skill 2000C6 air 2700C8, 2800C5 at 2.24 volts.

Thus, when comparing 2000C6 and 2400C8, frequency of 1,375 MHz showed 1.82 and 1.79 volts, respectively.

Maybe, 2400C8 best?

There is also a corsair cmgtx6 - 2625C9.

I did not find the acceleration statistics of all these memory at a frequency of 2400.

Or minimal timings for 2400 show when overclocking 2400c9, 2600c10 and 2666c10?

• Like 1

There is no direct answer, but in terms of overall performance, the best kit money can buy is probably Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4gb 2666c10, if you can get your hands on G.Skill RipjawZ 2400c8 4x2gb or Trident 2500c9 2x2gb this will be the best PSC you can buy. Not really sure what you are getting at here, but if you have the ability to buy some of these, let me know because I've been looking for over a year (Corsair not included)

Also you can't compare them the way you are. I've been seriously binning and testing PSC and Sammy based ddr3 for the last 7 months, and when it comes to psc some of my very best air and ln2 results come from bins that are NOT on your list

Thank you.

DDR3 memory is no longer current, all vendors have switched to DDR4.

This is a chance to buy the best.

If you choose the best of the best, what?

For example, I looked through the forum,

2500C9 Patriot air gives 2600С8 and 2933С6 cooling on 2.4 volts.

G Skill 2000C6 air 2700C8, 2800C5 at 2.24 volts.

Thus, when comparing 2000C6 and 2400C8, frequency of 1,375 MHz showed 1.82 and 1.79 volts, respectively.

Maybe, 2400C8 best?

There is also a corsair cmgtx6 - 2625C9.

I did not find the acceleration statistics of all these memory at a frequency of 2400.

Or minimal timings for 2400 show when overclocking 2400c9, 2600c10 and 2666c10?

You need to consider a lot of other variables, sure psc mems are the fastest on the main memory benchmark but only come in 2gb modules and can be very difficult to run quad unless you really know what you are doing and are comfortable changing secondary and tertiary timings. On air Samsung based are better, they are also 4gb modules and a bit easier to run quad. Unless you are willing to pay a ton of money for 4-8gb ram and hire a guy to constantly pour ln2 into your mem pot your only logical answer is 2666c10 4x4gb, and Dom P's are the best, end of story. The bins you've been listing are basically extinct and if you can find a guy who has some nd they are in good condition with proven results, plan on spending well over $50 a gb, and if you want my rare top bin with results psc closer to $100/gb

Thanks.

I will clarify.

My main applications - games at the moment.

Their engine to direct x 9 - that is, single-core.

Starcraft and worldoftanks.

I'm going to squeeze everything out of the processor.

I do not propose to restrict the list that I have brought.

I decided that this is the best, but I have very little experience, I believe that there are better than these models.

What is best of all in general?

I studied the memory tests, concluded that the best way to increase the number of frames per second set to 2400 MHz, with minimal latency.

It's true?

There is no direct answer, but in terms of overall performance, the best kit money can buy is probably Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4gb 2666c10, if you can get your hands on G.Skill RipjawZ 2400c8 4x2gb or Trident 2500c9 2x2gb this will be the best PSC you can buy. Not really sure what you are getting at here, but if you have the ability to buy some of these, let me know because I've been looking for over a year (Corsair not included)

Also you can't compare them the way you are. I've been seriously binning and testing PSC and Sammy based ddr3 for the last 7 months, and when it comes to psc some of my very best air and ln2 results come from bins that are NOT on your list

2400c8 and 2500c9. Ok. It is so rare? I saw in the sale of Patriot 2500C9 for $ 120.

Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4gb 2666c10 only?

There are analogues 2666C10 4G such as Team TXD316G2666HC10QQC01, G.SKILL F3-2666C10Q-16GTXD. Or they worse?

Bins that are NOT on list? What the models, and what results?

Edited by Kashtan

You need to consider a lot of other variables, sure psc mems are the fastest on the main memory benchmark but only come in 2gb modules and can be very difficult to run quad unless you really know what you are doing and are comfortable changing secondary and tertiary timings. On air Samsung based are better, they are also 4gb modules and a bit easier to run quad. Unless you are willing to pay a ton of money for 4-8gb ram and hire a guy to constantly pour ln2 into your mem pot your only logical answer is 2666c10 4x4gb, and Dom P's are the best, end of story. The bins you've been listing are basically extinct and if you can find a guy who has some nd they are in good condition with proven results, plan on spending well over $50 a gb, and if you want my rare top bin with results psc closer to $100/gb

It sounds very practical.

2666C10 G4 better than 2400C9 G4?

They somehow expensive.

Cooling is important. Most users tested for air or LN2.

But there are other options, such as water blocks on TEC, plus a chiller. Unfortunately the results of it little known - unpopular, cumbersome. But maybe I will have such a system, I consider such a possibility.

You can say that it is you do for a rare top bin, with the price of $ 100 per GB? It is worthy of the price. And what you have on it the results? Very interesting.

• 1 month later...
Guest Bullant

Some mems I never really got around to pushing on Ln2,they did show really good signs on Ln2.Have ran them up on air before and they still seem ok with my Pentium even tho this cpu was little weak imc compared to the i7 I sold

1.89v bios set mem air @ 21c and cpu water...no waza just 32m stability test

testx1.png

Guest k.pisti
Some mems I never really got around to pushing on Ln2,they did show really good signs on Ln2.Have ran them up on air before and they still seem ok with my Pentium even tho this cpu was little weak imc compared to the i7 I sold

1.89v bios set mem air @ 21c and cpu water...no waza just 32m stability test

testx1.png

Daaamn, what specs are they?

Guest Bullant
Daaamn, what specs are they?

These are 2000 cl6 pi mate,I ran these up awhile ago on OCF @ only -150 and they did 2840 cl6 tight.

Guest Bullant
Nice kit bull. I never got to freeze my 2000C6, I may save that for another year or so :D

Nice,what's your kit mate? KO 8155

Nice kit bull. I never got to freeze my 2000C6, I may save that for another year or so :D

Send em this way, I'll freeze em for you. :) better yet bring to US LN2 Party and I'll bring some killer psc as well and we can aim for 32m Silver since Bullant's score probably un beatable

Send em this way, I'll freeze em for you. :) better yet bring to US LN2 Party and I'll bring some killer psc as well and we can aim for 32m Silver since Bullant's score probably un beatable

Yeah I'll bring them along, I doubt we can squeeze a backup out of bull but let's see :D

Tried having a play with OCF and Elpida BBSE's brother cold. First time using these supposed "rare" BBBG ic mems, new old stock. 8155 pcb, 2200c9-9-9-24 @ 1.55-1.75v. They booted in for me at xmp 1.6v I was looking forward to playing with these, I give them cold and this is what they give me. I'm just happy it wasn't my golden 4770k that popped, that's what I initially thought.

kQfx96G.jpg

gwiwPsb.jpg

iB863Pu.jpg

2fqLCkB.jpg

fP7WpdW.jpg

• Sad 1