HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z97 OC Formula-PSC

Guest Bullant

• 3 weeks later...

I feel this thread needs a bump, I got 2 kits of those 1600C7 GSkill Ripjaws the other day and made nice progress over my OCZ sticks. 2 sticks can run 2666 with RCD12, but all of them need ~0.05v extra to go from RP9 to RP8.

All air and all sticks have STSG38U816 V1.0 PCB, which is the same as my OCZ so hopefully they'll scale well with cold.

>>2666C8 at 1.88v:

attachment.php?attachmentid=4431&stc=1&d=1466153904

>>2736C8 at 1.94v:

attachment.php?attachmentid=4433&stc=1&d=1466153904

>>4-dimm 2666C8 at 1.90v (increase in 0.06v over two sticks at these settings):

attachment.php?attachmentid=4432&stc=1&d=1466153904

Edited by Noxinite
  • Like 1

Guest Bullant

Found couple pics from my first board,memory and memory pot used,memory was Patriot 2000 9-9-9 PSC and used Rubber bands to hold memory pot down.Use to run full pot and after about 1 hour or so was getting to -100 lol was good learning

64698bc5_DSCN5104.md.jpg

32a68467_DSCN5133.md.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bullant

Ran couple 4-5Ghz runs on Z97 with my Pentium and memory ive only tested couple times on cold,OS was set up for skylake but still seem ok I guess

p5x1.png

p4.png

IMG_1934.md.jpg

Guest Bullant
Nice! I have a phase now, so I can finally test 5GHz on my G3258. So hopefully I'l get some air 2736C8 or 2870C9 runs in.

Great mate,single stage is so useful

Guest k.pisti
image_id_1664345.png

Here we go, best run so far @5GHz. IMC couldn't do 2876MHz on air, but can on phase. I've been having trouble with clocking the G3258, so probably can get more cache and lower volts for core.

Finally a full sub-6mins 5GHz run for me! :D

Really good Nox!

Is this a 2600C10 TridentX kit you got from Digg?

• 1 month later...

First time with LN2 on CPU and also first time with LN2 on mems. I was running my potato i5 with Ripjaws 1600C7 (XED IC and ST PCB). Non-EK SF3D pot on CPU and Kingpin Dominator pot and heatsinks on mems (still only elastic bands for mounting!).

Managed to get the 2600C6 profile working with 4/4/35/36 @2.15v (non-minimised) for 32M with wazza. Original run was at -90C on CPU and -140C on mems.

image_id_1691898.png

Tried to up it to 2666C6 with looser RTLs of 36/37 as 35/36 wouldn't train, but it failed 3 times at loop 18 when trying different temps. (Tried -80C to -110C on CPU and -120C to -140C on mems). More volts didn't help and often caused it to fail booting. I was going to go back and run on a clean OS + try and tighten timings, but I'd wasted too much time trying to clock my potato i5 so the board gave out after 5 hours due to condensation.

image_id_1691897.jpeg

In conclusion LN2 is fun on CPU, but cold mems is much more fun due to the additional difficulty (and lower 32M times)!

Next time I think I'll try to get some proper mounting hardware (or a new ram pot) and run CPU on phase so I don't waste time/Ln2 on it. Also, I need to try my better mems with KO-8117 pcb on cold at some point.

Edited by Noxinite
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest k.pisti

Hey guys!

After a lot of struggling I finally got to know my 4770K well, this was my first 2700C8 result:

attachment.php?attachmentid=4856&stc=1&d=1476774505

Since then I found that the cpu runs 2666MHz tight at least with SA 20mV under stock (0.76Vish). :o

Will retest tonight with XP and with the lowered SA.

• 3 weeks later...

I have never posted in here before but its looking lonely so I will jump in.

This was with dice and the EK mem pot...needs more cold I think. Anyone in here done comparisons with dice vs LN2? It seems that the kit should do much better with LN2 but I don't really know the practical gain I would get over dice.

Edited by mllrkllr88

Guest Bullant

Nice job man,yes PSC love cold,colder the better... Colder = more mem freq and tighter timings.So Cl,trcd,trp,tras, trfc (few subs) will go lower and of course higher freq could be achievable.When running up to -100 is really good to deal with when learning,once you go lot colder up to -170 or what ever things need to be insulated and set up good as board will start to freeze up more,hey it's how we learn every session is something new.Just remember to "not" pull frozen dims from board otherwise can damage mem slot pins

Looking good :)

• 1 month later...
Guest k.pisti

Hey all!

Bought some other PSC kits a couple weeks ago, this 2400C9 PI turned out to be my best kit ever, so far.

Also working on my eff and trying to reach higher clock on my i7 under a very weak phase, here is my best score:

image_id_1761047.png

Edited by k.pisti
typos

• 5 weeks later...