HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z97 OC Formula-PSC

Guest Bullant

I am not saying it is not real,in the common sense of "real" word meaning.I am saying this is not true cl5,or better yet the most effective cl5.It would be interesting to see if this allows you tigher RTL and how much improvement in AIDA bandwith tests this earns. I was not attacking you in any way,you are probably the only person to master gigabyte boards in frozen memory departments and this means a lot of skill :D

I am not saying it is not real,in the common sense of "real" word meaning.I am saying this is not true cl5,or better yet the most effective cl5.It would be interesting to see if this allows you tigher RTL and how much improvement in AIDA bandwith tests this earns. I was not attacking you in any way,you are probably the only person to master gigabyte boards in frozen memory departments and this means a lot of skill :D

Yeah it's not super efficient but is still little faster and real,there be no way @ this MHz and this timings that it be able to even boot 35-36 rtls,it would be nice @ cl6 and these other timings if I could run rtls 35-36 but just too tight timings and high MHz

Its all good mate

Seems pretty fast to me. Fred always ran cl5 twcl7 which was slower, if you can run cl5 twcl6 and have it be faster than cl6 twcl6 than why not? Everything that makes sense on paper doesn't always translate to the real world

Very true mate

Guest TheMadDutchDude

They are SPi32M stable too, but I was testing the CPU at this point. It's even colder outside right now (3c) so I need to have another run. I just cannot get the CPU stable at 5.4GHz, no matter what voltage. I think I need to tune other volts. It hates high VCCIN, this was at 1.45v (BIOS set) and 2v VCCIN.

I literally loaded the 2600 PSC profile, chucked 1.9 volts through them, and we have this:

uOUeS8C.jpg

Edited by TheMadDutchDude

Guest Bullant

Looks good man,considering the memory your using really nice result,looks like your dialing the board in nice,are you on air with the Pentium?My 6.2ghz Pentium only does 32M 5.5Ghz on SS @ -30 think it was,cant quite remember the volts but may have been higher Vcore then yours

If you are on air even @ 3c 5.4ghz Pentium is still nice,if it helps normally when im benching memory cold or air my vccin is between 1.8-1.9 max,Pentium or 47XXK only when pushing cpu on cold I then push vccin

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Cheers mate. I'm going to keep pushing when I can to see if I can get the memory any tighter but I have my doubts with what you said about the Dominator GT's. :(

It's on SS at about -45 to -50 ish. I could only get it to do 4.8GHz on air (22c ambient) on 1.45 volts, so the chip scales very well. The probe is not on the evap as LD likes to put them higher up on the suction line for some reason. I am tempted to rip off some of the insulation but in all fairness, I know it is about 5 - 10c colder than what it reads so that's fine by me. :)

I guess it needs more cold to get pushed further... it may be time to get some LN2 delivered! :D

Awesome stuff as usual Bull!!!!!!

I'll hopefully be getting my Z97 OC Formula sent back to me soon so I can have a play about with some PSC again.

Want to give the kit in the screenshot a proper run at it too. Can't remember what the sub timings or anything were since it was only a quick run, but the kit was 32M stable at the frequencies and timings on air which is decently promising. Voltage would have been around 1.88v or 1.9v, albeit on an AMD platform but will hopefully do around the same on Haswell.

image_id_1187941_zpsc902e13b.jpeg

Guest TheMadDutchDude

I don't think they're tweaked past loading the PSC profile. They look awfully similar to when I load the profile. I'll play around with mine when I get more time. :)

Awesome stuff as always Jayson. Keep pushing mate. :D

Guest Bullant

Nice sabishiihito,

What kit of memory is that Obscure? Looks nice

Thanks obscure,TheMadDutchDude

Looking forward to your results guys