HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z97 OC Formula-PSC

Guest Bullant

Guest Bullant
Just purely out of curiosity, have you ever tried to push these kits at a lower frequency to see if they'd be viable to use on older platforms? For example lowest timings @2000MHz for say X58/X48 or 1800MHz for Phenoms?

Would be interested to see what they could achieve.

Hey mate,i don't have any older platforms now but I did use a average kit of Patriot PSC that you can see on SB 5Ghz on this forum 2222Mhz 6-8-6-18 all tight.I did have a secondhand X58 that I was going to freeze memory but when I bought it the cpu or board would only run in dual channel

I really want to test AMD and phenoms because im sure cold PSC will be nice,I believe cold PSC would be pretty good on few of the old platforms,I myself never started real overclocking until mid ivy bridge and even at that time there wasn't a lot of people freezing memory but as you can see its growing

Still getting few more things I need for X99 then Ill look for some AMD stuff and try it

Edited by Bullant

They were psc kits rated for 1366 and amd - 2000 6-9-6 and Flare for AMD 2000 7-9-7, on 775 PSC are awful. You want to use mems for older platforms you mentioned, get some Hyper ;) - what would be benefit to use PSC cold at 5-7-5 or similar timings (if these would be possible, certain cas values don´t work at 1366 for example in confiurations normally used) when you can run Hyper tighter on air or cold?

My psc works pretty good on rex,2040 6-9-6 @1.82v with pl 6.

I have another 3 kits of psc,none works the same on this mobo.

http://forum.lab501.ro/attachment.php?attachmentid=45898&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1413320031

I will look for the 2040 example,meanwhile you can take a look at this.

They were psc kits rated for 1366 and amd - 2000 6-9-6 and Flare for AMD 2000 7-9-7, on 775 PSC are awful. You want to use mems for older platforms you mentioned, get some Hyper ;) - what would be benefit to use PSC cold at 5-7-5 or similar timings (if these would be possible, certain cas values don´t work at 1366 for example in confiurations normally used) when you can run Hyper tighter on air or cold?

Well see I was thinking this but I have no idea how well Hypers perform cold (got a few kits of them anyway)

Was just wondering more with AMD Phenoms and such really. Every AM3 CPU I've had can do CAS5 but not really tried at 1600MHz of course since I've not had a kit that could do it well on air. However, considering the speeds Bull has got out of his kit @CL5, has made me wonder what timings would be possible at 1600MHz. Surely 5-5-5-12 or something really crazy like that would be possible at full pot, or very close anyway :)

• Crew
Well see I was thinking this but I have no idea how well Hypers perform cold (got a few kits of them anyway)

Was just wondering more with AMD Phenoms and such really. Every AM3 CPU I've had can do CAS5 but not really tried at 1600MHz of course since I've not had a kit that could do it well on air. However, considering the speeds Bull has got out of his kit @CL5, has made me wonder what timings would be possible at 1600MHz. Surely 5-5-5-12 or something really crazy like that would be possible at full pot, or very close anyway :)

No need for PSC on cold, if you want 800MHz 5-5-5-15 use some good Hypers. ;)

• Administrators
Well that wad the unknown for me really, how well do they actually perform with the cold and what sort of temp do they cold bug at???

Depends on sticks, I know results of 2600 7-7-7 on newer platform and 2200 5-6-5 on 1156, but like BBSE and few PSC, some seem to have bad coldbug

• Like 1

Guest Bullant

Hypers are really good on Older platforms from what I've seen and tested myself Obscure,also have seen some nice results on the newer platforms but while they are good on older platform they just lack the pure MHz on newer platforms and will never match PSC on cold on the newer platforms.The few I've tested all CB at about -40,ill test some cold PSC on some new and old amd hopefully soon as I'm sure it do some nice results

When I get some amd gear ill be happy for a challenge cold PSC vs hypers? I've never really OC amd memory but I'm always up for a friendly challenge

Guest Bullant

Looking good man ,using XP windows should help you too if you wanted to try also the subs 11-11-11 change them to 13-13-13 when you try 2666mhz ,there is lots of things to try as it never ends....

You can even drop trp to 9 when you go 2666 just to get 32m pass,then fine tune a little more and try get it to pass with trp 8,you can also set 2666 with a few loose subs get it to pass then start to tighten subs slowly as you check stability with 32m

Looks like you've made some progress,good work

Edited by Bullant

Just removed HS from some Gskill Pi 2300 cl8 kit,these are st code ics

In my testing comparing KO to ST code memory's,St memorys not the strongest air memory's but seem to scale quite high volts with ln2.Just prepping OCF now with KP Ney Pro and these memory's to see how they go.

DSCN8414.jpg

282hrgi.jpg

Found the specs on those PCBs:

http://www.super-team.com.tw/datapdf/Super-Team%20PCB-List-%202009-09.12.07.pdf

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bullant
OMG! 5:54:782 wow nice nice run mister PSC

Thanks

why windows of spi and cpuz are cut? system instability?

Not sure what you saying man,I posted this before I posted country cup and cut and blacken the country cup pic out when I post this,I have now posted this result in country cup with the country cup pic in the background uncut

No instability in this run was stable as