HWBOT Community Forums

Kprobe position on Cpu with ColdBug

Guest barbonenet

Guest barbonenet

hi guys, Yesterday i try to install kprobe on cpu, instead on the pot......with haswell i have more precision with coldbug temperature!

where you put it with haswell, on the pot or on the cpu???

thanks;)

Guest barbonenet

kingpin f1 ee........my cpu have cb at -115, but if i go at -116 -117 i have freeze!

temp of cb, change everytime i Mount pot......because application of Thermal compound every time is different!

i have this problem , i think because i'm very at limit of my cpu!

kingpin f1 ee........my cpu have cb at -115, but if i go at -116 -117 i have freeze!

temp of cb, change everytime i Mount pot......because application of Thermal compound every time is different!

i have this problem , i think because i'm very at limit of my cpu!

It won't be hugely different everytime and it won't take you too long to figure out exactly where your cold bug is going to be, bit of a non problem really.

now, i'm a cold newbie, but all I do is everytime i bench haswell, boot up, pull down, and freeze to -120, and then keep pouring tiny bits til cb. check where cb is, zorch, then I know where cold bug is that particular day.

i think it'll change every time you test depending how your mount is, i like to think i get a pretty good mount so its usually around -126 for me.

Guest barbonenet

some day coldbug is at -115....some day -118.... some day -116 ! if i trepass only 1° i have freeze.......i'm very at limit.....for check coldbug, every time i spend 1-2hour!

if i use haswell at 6,3ghz, i don't have this issue......i can bench at 3-4 under cb;) but if i want 6,4ghz i need -115 costantly;)

• Crew

with haswell the colbug moves,

when i am at slowmode x8, i can have about 5 C colder. The higher i go in voltage the quicker my 4770k CB's. Don't ask me why it does this lol.

so at 1.6v i can be -135, but at 1.7v i need to be -132