HWBOT Community Forums

Devils Canyon and Pentium K Batch numbers!

Vivi

Imagine the overflow of good chips on the market,5-5.2 ghz will be on everybody's hands because most of them don;t scale on ln2.

Bad for extreme oc.....good for enthusiast :D

Sounds like DC was the SandyBridge rev.2 ? Hahah :P

Still have to wait until 4th week July, Indonesian Intel distributor is so slow...maaaaan I want to try binning some DCs, no matter how junk that was :D

On computex it was one stable at 5.5 ghz....also they are some rare ivy that can do that as well,craazy85 has one.(5.6+).

Farjam had 4770k which was able to bench 5250 at 1.34v on air...so with cold water everything is possible. Never say never.

• Crew

thanks for the details guys!

updated OT

so far no scaling batches. i dont want to sound pessimistic but i dont think we will find one. ever since L318Bxx 4770K there has been no recorded scaling batch after that... so if it was going down hill after week 18 from last year you can imagine how terrible it is now

mikecdm and steponz recorded -105 cb. so i have a feeling maybe the silicone is actually OK from the cpu side of things but the imc /vrm is whats getting worse on cold and killing the scaling quality

Edited by Vivi

On computex it was one stable at 5.5 ghz....also they are some rare ivy that can do that as well,craazy85 has one.(5.6+).

Farjam had 4770k which was able to bench 5250 at 1.34v on air...so with cold water everything is possible. Never say never.

Computex had 5.5g validation (even on simple AIO by amateur) and 4.9 Cinebench.

There was no 5.5g stable.

quick LN2 update 6.4Ghz 32m 4c/4t 1.93v....CB -130C ..... this kept scaling with volts and cold.... and needed to be kept between -129 and -127C for this clock...............also (6.3Ghz 1.88v -124 ) (6.2Ghz 1.8v -124C)... to much volts, this chip may not survive ;)

first retail test...... 5G 4c/4t 1.272v Batch L419B533

DK32m5GtestBatchL419B533_zpsb22daccc.jpg

• Thanks 1