HWBOT Community Forums

Devils Canyon and Pentium K Batch numbers!

Vivi

I'm not impressed with the 2x I've tested so far. :mad:

Don't be surprised.

Pentium is the lowest bin for Haswell. Pretty much all the rejects go in the Pentium bucket. The Anniversary Edition is simply a G3250 with the multiplier unlocked.

Intel does not bin the AE's at all. Expect them to be disappointing.

• Administrators
Don't be surprised.

Pentium is the lowest bin for Haswell. Pretty much all the rejects go in the Pentium bucket. The Anniversary Edition is simply a G3250 with the multiplier unlocked.

Intel does not bin the AE's at all. Expect them to be disappointing.

I am not disappointed, the 3258 is a very good value chip for normal users. I am no fan of Intel policy which did severe damage to oc with their you get what you pay for attitude, locking all chips except for a few expensive ones, but the AEs I have are good bang for the buck, 4,5ghz below 1,2v and 2933 imcs at low IO voltages. This is a move to the right direction. Btw, the 4670k I had did worse than these Pentiums and did cost four times more...

Guys, any news how G3258 compares clock-2-clock with 4770K in 01? I feel these cpus should clock a bit higher so if cache is not that important G3258 can be a good cpu for cpu dependant 2-threaded 3D.

Interesting question bro...;) For 2001, 2003 and 2005 it can be a second choice instead 4770K with 2 cores ?