HWBOT Community Forums

Devils Canyon and Pentium K Batch numbers!

Vivi

Guest TheMadDutchDude

I didn't need above 1.95v for 5.3GHz but my chip wanted at least 2.2v for 5.4GHz.

Experiment, try it out and see how you get on. :D

I use 2.16v vccin 24/7. I find lower vccin, 1.85-2.05 a lot more unstable.

Fcuk, my best Hasfail could do 7GHz validation on LN2 with Vccin = 2.2V Is it such a big difference between Hasfails and DCs or you guys are crazy with such big amount of volts? ))

It's the same chip, sorry about that.

The VID is 1.036v and my phase is at -45c (ish) on idle. The CPU doesn't run hot and raises the phase by about 5 - 6c during long loads.

I've constructed my den in the garage and I will be benching tomorrow to try to see if it will go any further. I reckon it will hit 5.5GHz on <1.6 volts but I need to try to get it to boot into 7. I will probably end up re-installing to see if that's the issue or not.

did u try direct die cooling with the phase?

just wondering since my cpu is delidded.

what gain can be with direct die cooling?

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Subzero and direct die cooling just murders these chips. From what I've read and heard, delidded chips cannot be frozen. They just die. I'm guessing it's because the FVIR gets slightly damp and shorts, causing instant death. Even resealed chips just don't survive.

Subzero and direct die cooling just murders these chips. From what I've read and heard, delidded chips cannot be frozen. They just die. I'm guessing it's because the FVIR gets slightly damp and shorts, causing instant death. Even resealed chips just don't survive.

insulation?

there are lots of types of silicon.

Another weird chip that loves low vccin... 4790K L421B995

i use hwinfo to monitore all of voltages

5ghz vcore=1.19v vccin=1.62v(set in bios)

http://www.8pic.ir/images/s9e13dvu8c1hvjl2mqfj.jpg

5.1ghz vcore=1.275v vccin=1.65v(set in bios)

http://www.8pic.ir/images/hljr2j2yv6aczitcxcu3.jpg

5.2ghz vcore=1.339v vccin= 1.72v(set in bios)

http://www.8pic.ir/images/krd8oykza5kkizc6eyb9.jpg

again higher vccin , i mean 1.8+ makes max clock for sp32 only 5ghz and no boot higher than that... i have to play with vccin between 1.6v- 1.75v

i think it's a bad sign to not scale with vccin higher than 1.8+ ... all of those chips like it that i have benched so far had bad CB... between -76 to -105

Edited by Farjam

So guys, i've finally tweaked my cpu...

4800mhz_1.30V/cpu + 4600mhz_1.31v/cache (1.95V vccin under load)

Super stable, aida64 stability test 7hours.

occt:cpu_large data set = 1hour stable

occt:linpack = 1hour stable

Cinebench loop,xtu bench, aida64 benches, pc and 3d marks..etc..

All this with 70-85C max(delided cpu). No crashes/freezes whatsoever...

Now, the problem is 4900Mhz. Cant get it stable even with 1.4V. Thats 0.1V increase but only 100mhz gain..

Tried vccin 2.02 under load and didnt help.... Can run aida64 stability test for hours, can do XTU for hours too, can do cinebench loops, wprime 1024M etc... But in occt:cpu it crashes to bsod in 5 mins.

Any ideas ? What might help, or should i "idgaf" about occt lol ? Is aida64 nuff?

Batch L425...

Also, how did u find out that ur cpu need "lower" vccin ? like..1.7v lol

Edited by fat4l

4790k@L421C054 on maximus vii gene:

win7 4500mhz cinebench 1.072 vcore, 1.65 vccin

http://www.8pic.ir/images/gnjwppf3j112m1jmu5xb.jpg

win xp 5ghz ,4.7ghz cach, vcore 1.232v,vring 1.198v, vccin 1.72v super pi32

http://www.8pic.ir/images/u6u4g1ae2l33078482wt.jpg

also can 5.1ghz xp 1.285v vcore ,1.75v vccin for super pi32

really tired of finding lots of low voltage chip on air/water that are crap under ln2 :(:D

Guest Sinebrychof

My 4790k is delidded and worked fine under ln2. My first horrible mistake was that I used liquid pro and it freezes at so cold temps, I had very weird low cold bug first with it, -147 and I knew it couldnt be right. I switched to gc extreme and now cold bug was -137 but cpu isnt a killer. I'm sure delidding doesn't aid clocks on ln2 at all, atleast when looking back when people first tried that on ivy on this forum. So many ruined chips. I covered the pcb around die with vaseline though.

What I got then was 5.8 cinebench 1.62 vcore and 2.5-2.65 input? and 6.1 32m. Not really happy.

its quite frustrating that batch doesnt even matter anymore, about these pentiums... i did not bench long time ago, when i fist saw the results about these bastards, i felt like WANT ONE :D but now...

need to find a good one it seems not an easy job, its completely about luck, what VID you will get.

Tried 2 boards, ASUS and GBT Z97 too... same results...

3418C011

VID 1.056v

4.8G 32M 1.40v pass

4.9G 32M no matter what vcore/vccin no go

3418B986 should be a good batch for everyone

VID 1.056v

4.8G 32M 1.35 pass

4.9G 32M no matter what vcore/vccin no go

max valid 5.1G

i think they doesnt deserve the chance of cold...

Edited by Achill3uS