HWBOT Community Forums

Gigabyte Z97X-SOC Force-PSC

Guest Bullant

• Administrators

Only duals, triple were 2000c6 highest iirc and some 2200c7 came as quad kit originally meant for 1156 - thanks in advance :). On AMD, you are right, good psc can fly there as well and trcd limit often is a lot higher

P.S. Forgot the 2400c8 RipjawZ, these were highest quad kit bin, meant for Sandy bridge E

• Like 2

Yeah the amd Thuban seems ok with them were thuban likes 2000mhz+ but yeah limited from loose trcd, so need the higher freq MHz to keep up with hypers 

yeah I've never tried the 2400 c8...these were retail or not? 

Edited by Bullant
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, websmile said:

The PIS were 2400C8-11-8-28 dual kits, the ripjawZ 2400 c8-11-11-28 quad kits, both were retails and quite expensive, Imho too expensive xD

Oh the ripjawZ kit was 11 trp , yeah I hear you on too expensive....was looking at the new asus gene here in AU, preorder it's $600 aud. Think I'll just put a z370 apex with a 9900k ahah 

Edited by Bullant
  • Like 1

2500C9 Tridents were sent only to a select group of G.Skill's friends, those were never retail in EU, US or Asia. They also had kits like 2500C8 Tridents (once seen on Andre's scores) and 2300C7 PI (once owned by myself), but those were internal use only, I guess.
Corsair had PSC rated as high as 2533C9 (GTX4) and 2625C9 (GTX6) but bad PCB rendered those kits useless for benching

Edited by TaPaKaH
  • Like 2

@suzuki

I might have owned the only 2300C7 kit in existence. Wasn't too impressive of a clocker, bought and sold for around 100 Euros. Its current owner failed at removing HS and it's now dead.

As for Hypers, I've seen samples of 2200C8 DominatorGT circulate in early 2010, but I guess these were never released in favour of GTX2.

Edited by TaPaKaH
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, suzuki said:

Such a shame this things come in such limited edition .I failed as well at removing a heatspreader on my 4200 12-11-11 bdie and resulted in a faulty stick :)),so i know the rage which this implies.

Wow. That really sucks. I killed a stick of random d9gtr, who knows how good.

Edited by AutisticChris

• 3 months later...

Not sure if I posted these in the thread before, Z97 4-5Ghz efficiency runs....I7 and Pentium run, from when I started on ivy, going forward on platforms, than going on previous legacy platforms I seem to learn little more then have to test new things out on previous platform...... Running the cl5 isn't any faster and isn't any slower, tho sometimes its not worth the extra stress as you could adjust something else that's more beneficial. 

snaphsot0017.png

172x1.png

444.png

Edited by Bullant
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Big necro here, but I managed to fix my Z97X Soc Force LN2 that was stuck at a POST code of 20 with basically all ram (except Patriot 2500C9 for some reason).

There is a fuse at the bottom of the left DIMM slot and I was getting weird resistance readings across it (e.g. not ~0 Ohms), so I shorted it with some solder and then my board started working normally.

Obviously; this worked with my board, but there is no guarantee it will work with yours and I am not responisble if you set fire to everything.

Fuse location:

1029300298_Z97SocForceLN2POSTCode20Fix.thumb.jpg.74b400278040168e33f2eb837058a203.jpg

Proof of life:

Z97_Soc_Force_LN2_POSTing.thumb.jpg.75b803f02f2f4197334f43cc4ee69a4d.jpg

Edited by Noxinite
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bullant said:

Great man, Ive told a few pep via pm about this....Dino told me about it, think cookie told him..... but I think one person said Dino said was on the older z87....either way it’s good you got it.

ill try mine tonight after work 

I remember this issue! Cookie told me it occurs if you remove a module and the board isn’t fully powered down it will cause this..  brings back memories!

I had to do this on z87 and I’m pretty sure z97 also.. man I miss those days!

I still have my board.. might have to take it out for a video.. I’ll have to dig for my psc.. I binned 100s haha

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Bullant said:

Great man, Ive told a few pep via pm about this....Dino told me about it, think cookie told him..... but I think one person said Dino said was on the older z87....either way it’s good you got it.

ill try mine tonight after work 

I checked with Dinos via PM and he talked to HiCookie and the result was that they both said the issue was for Z87 and was fixed on Z97 (I guess not :P). So I didn't bother checking further, until now. XD

Currently seeing what g-die does on this board. :D

Edited by Noxinite

18 hours ago, Noxinite said:

I checked with Dinos via PM and he talked to HiCookie and the result was that they both said the issue was for Z87 and was fixed on Z97 (I guess not :P). So I didn't bother checking further, until now. XD

Currently seeing what g-die does on this board. :D

Yeah im glad you did something about it ahaahh.....thanks for posting it, mines working....just ran quick test on my Pentium with those 2400 cl9  memory I bought little while ago...memory seems ok.....OS and few things not set correctly as didn't have lot of time, but it works ahahahah. I have couple boards, so glad Ive still got them....

snaphsot0044.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bullant said:

Yeah im glad you did something about it ahaahh.....thanks for posting it, mines working....just ran quick test on my Pentium with those 2400 cl9  memory I bought little while ago...memory seems ok.....OS and few things not set correctly as didn't have lot of time, but it works ahahahah. I have couple boards, so glad Ive still got them....

snaphsot0044.png

Bring back the Haswell good times with proper memory OC subzero. :D

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Noxinite said:

Bring back the Haswell good times with proper memory OC subzero. :D

Agreed ahahah, I want to spend some time on ddr4 B-die ln2 memory but all just cost to much ?

The run above was AIO cpu and mem air... How are the G-Die?

IMG-1071.jpg

Edited by Bullant
  • Like 1

On 4/26/2020 at 6:04 PM, steponz said:

I remember this issue! Cookie told me it occurs if you remove a module and the board isn’t fully powered down it will cause this..  brings back memories!

I had to do this on z87 and I’m pretty sure z97 also.. man I miss those days!

I still have my board.. might have to take it out for a video.. I’ll have to dig for my psc.. I binned 100s haha

Yeah, It makes sense removing memory when not powered down correctly.....you should dig them PSC out and do the video

I was having issues with 2GB g-die and 32M, so I mucked around with valid freq instead.

SR MFR at 2V: 1786.1MHz https://valid.x86.fr/wsnx26

SR CFR at 2V: 1816.6MHz https://valid.x86.fr/pm8cry

SR G-die at 2.4V: 1874.3MHz https://valid.x86.fr/brfr07

But the really funny thing is that the G-die does 1868MHz valid at 1.6V. XD So clearly I'm IMC limited.

As it seems SR G-die is insanely light on the IMC I had some fun with 32M as well (all air). Tbh this was faster than expected:

snap-01.01-03_48.thumb.png.9ac638943518d9e9bdf3437a11f43476.png

And this was as high as I could get to train with similar timings:

snap-01.01-06_00.thumb.png.92d5095ce83f3e815f7ddd45b016edc7.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2