HWBOT Community Forums

Gigabyte Z97X-SOC Force-PSC

Guest Bullant

Guest Bullant
I have a kit of gskill 2000C6 and want to push them good under DICE (hand made redneck POT), what result can I expect for temps around -80? May I ask if you have a valid profile for these ram to try? I'm a noob in DDR3 OC! I have Giga z97x soc force and 4790K running 5GHz. For now on air I can handle 2600 cl8-12-8 like normal OC. THX!

Hi,

I don't have a working Gigabyte board no more the bios and board are not easy to use on cold memory's

This would be my suggestions for gigabyte board use only X04 if you look @ my thread here I posted the profile bios settings ,now @-60 their is lots of options

8-12-8 @2800mhz + can blck up in windows,set A and B memory setting in bios to match each other,with A memory 40-40-4-4 rtls and iols,B memory 41-41-4-4 rtls and iols make sure all the rest of sub timings match each other "A-B"

7-11-7 @2666-2800 same as above but set rtls,iols A 38-38-4-4 and B 39-39-4-4

6-11-6 @ 2600 + would have to test this myself to see if possible what rtls are possible but would try A 36-36-4-4 B 37-37-4-4 if this doesn't work then try to loosen them and see if they'll train,remember you can blck up in widows too

Basically stick with trcd 11 don't bother with trcd 10 as it would require more colder temps ,trcd loves cold the colder the better

If I had a working board I would be able to give you all the above test to show you what you can achieve and how to do it

Very soon ill post up some achievable results on few different memory's @ different temps on the OCF

Edited by Bullant

I have tried and tried this morning but something is wrong... I can go as afast as 2400, 6-9-6 unstable 6-10-6 rock solid but nothing above 2400... @2600 won't boot no matter what settings or what bios and strange thing cuz I can normally boot 2600 8-12-8 on air 1.92V!!

I begin to think there are some deeper problems... maybe MOBO or DIMMS... or me being a noob!

Guest Bullant

Have you tested your air 2600Mhz 8-12-8 does that still work? Just pull the comos battery out for few minutes then replace it and try your air 2600mhz 8-12-8 again

Running @ -60 memory temps I would maybe stay with C7 and cl8 as lot of factors come into play for cl6,will post couple of quick -60 runs i did on ocf in the other thread of mine soon

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant
Great thread Bullant and some amazing results, i know what i'll be doing today! :D

Glad you like it mate,I'll be buying another board soon and will posting bit more as I really didn't spend very long on this board

Guest Bullant

Had a play with some cold memory's on X99 DDR4,only had x99 up and running for a week still just stability testing using full W7 not tweaked.Should see things passing easier with XP

Will start working on efficiency and xp soon,will also make a new thread for this platform

All results were booting in @ cl10

9-12-14-13 trfc-250-twcl7 3400Mhz 1.7v -80

2ugotoi.png

9-12-14-13 trfc 250 twcl9 3500Mhz 1.8v -100

wcirlt.png

7-12-14-13 trfc 250 twcl9 3500Mhz 1.8v -100

2mrxjxg.png

6rjxuq.jpg

incxdz.jpg

Edited by Bullant

• 2 months later...
Guest Bullant

Some lite memory stability test on Gigga LN2 board,no waza and all services running

Memory 1.93v @ -25 2800Mhz 8-12-8-28 rtls 39-40 iols 4-4

10dh9ht.png

Guest Bullant

Testing the LN2 board second time this particular board on cold PSC,starting to work this board out now.Direct boot from bios,just a stability test,time is slow because of 3.2ghz and no wazz,will have no problems passing this @ 5Ghz plus,will save it for when I get a 4790K.

2860Mhz 6-10-6-21, 35-36 rtls on EK memory pot,will work on producing 53s soon,to be continued .........

173a0n.png

1zn4rqq.jpg

Guest sagayagao

Thanks bull, have flashed x04 bios with FPT tool. And was able to boot twcl6.

Could run a bit tight rtl with LN2 board than Asrock OCF, very strong board.

Edited by sagayagao

Guest Bullant
Thanks bull, have flashed x04 bios with FPT tool. And was able to boot twcl6.

Could run a bit tight rtl with LN2 board than Asrock OCF, very strong board.

Good stuff man,with PSC it should run little tighter rtls everywhere,so if your able to run 2666 on air rtls will be 39-40

Nice mate nice

Thanks man

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant

Some stability test on all air with Gigga board

2666 all quite tight with 39-40 rtls,G skill 2200 pi @ 1.87v

2ntbuqr.png

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bullant

Playing around with the Gigabyte board tonight,board boots 2800Mhz tight easy all air....

Also tested efficiency with it tonight and all good

9gx1eo.png

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Bullant

Another session on the Z97 Gigabyte board only this time it was 4ghz,learn t a fair bit from this session

4Ghz

2irsqjc.png

33tjpjl.jpg

5Ghz

2hrochf.png