HWBOT Community Forums

Gigabyte Z97X-SOC Force-PSC

Guest Bullant

Tried mine on cold and did very little but i think my boards FUBAR now, i have to use black slots as an orange one is dead and i cant put X04 on it as its saying mismatch ID and i doubt i can rma as its covered in Vas!

Question though, when freezing mems do you rig up power/reset switch to the pin headers??

Guest Bullant

It would prob be a good idea to rig up a power and reset switch when using giga board as the buttons do freeze up but I normally don't bother with it,if I have a problem I just heat the power switch up quickly with hair dryer

Sometimes with the gigabyte board if you push to hard quickly or do something wrong with the training side with cold memory it will require heating up the dims and a clear CMOS to get back to bios

Guest Bullant
I normally train at 2400 then lock RTL's in and then push up, 2666 is fine with the usual 8-12-8-28 but can't go higher or drop timings and that was at -160c 2v +1.5/1.0/1.15, sticks are pi 2200C7

Something to note when rtl training with cl the common guide is

cl8= 40-40-41-41

cl7= 38-38-39-39

cl6= 36-36-37-37

So lets say you are 2666 8-12-8 and trained rtls of 40-41 with cold memory and you set cl7 it prob wont train because of the locked rtls of 40-41 and even if it did it would be junk efficiency.So if you are on cold mems and you want to try 7-11-7 I would suggest training rtls of 38-38 39-39 and iols of 4-4-4-4

When I go cold mems on Gigabyte boards I choose my cl that is normally always cl6 and train from there using either 35-36 or 36-37 rtls,you will need to have the correct setings in bios also to help things work

The 1.5 setting you have up there is that imc volts? if so that is extremely high

When you say you cant go any higher do you mean at 2666 8-12-8 on cold with 40-41 rtls you cant even go say 101 bclk? if so this could be due to incorrect bios setting also volts and other settings

Edited by Bullant

The 1.5 is SA volts but it's an offset of +0.15v

So when cold set to 7-11-7 with 38-38-39-39/4-4-4-4 and let it train?? And is that at 2666??

Mems are not my strong point tbh but I need to learn more to improve efficiency.

I can increase the BCLK upto about say 102 but that could be down to other settings and not the ram.

On air the best stability appears to be at 8-12-9-28-1t @2600mhz/1.88v

As part of my board is broke(dead orange lane) it may not be the best to test on, going to grab an impact just to compare but any help would be great in tuning mems.

Guest Bullant

I haven't really played with to many of the other bios and notice you said you can't get x04 to work,you'll really need X04 man as I think its the best for rtls,well the best for memory clocking too

Guest Bullant

Did some cl8 BBSE testing tonight @ low volts and not the coldest temps used as it was with HS on and I didn't want real cold at this time.The memory's do run cl7 no problem,will test cl7 later :thumbup:

All air run on this one @ 1.93v

cmerc.jpg

Memory 1.93v @ -30

2r3ba88.png

Memory 1.98v @ -90

25fri9j.png

All same as the above run only cranking waza a little harder that I didn't do on my 5ghz run the other day ;) memory 1.98v @ -100

2hx1qtt.png

2pt9kyc.jpg

Guest Bullant

Decided to give the BBSE a break tonight and back to some PSC

bullant - 5:54.063 - 49x102.09- 1429.2 MHz - 6-10-6-21-64-1 - Gigabyte Z97 - GSkill Pis 2000 CL6/PSC - 2.26V - LN2 -160

egvot4.png

oaq5na.jpg

Guest Bullant

Yeah CPU was about 5c on that pic ^was water in the pot with SS in water lol,may need to get the CPU little colder to pass 2933 with waza,without waza is ok,not sure if the sticks will scale passed 2.2v on air yet

Here is a lower one I did last night all air 2.02v,these seem to be the best two sticks in the kit

vzj5g2.png

Guest Bullant
Does the Ln2 SOC Force let you go higher with voltage on memory?

My normal SOC Force doesn't let me go higher than 2.1v.

No not normally,I haven't used a std gigabyte board for so long to compare it to the ln2 board but for these Samsung mems I was using 2.2v on both ln2 board and the asrock board

I have tried higher volts on asrock with sammy and 2.22 was about max for this kit air,I have only tried 2.2v on ln2 board,ill try higher later and see if it scales more,this is the second ln2 board that I've had and this board is letting me go a little higher on dram volts for PSC then then first,I need to try a std gigabyte board to know more

Guest Bullant

Yeah what zero said if your not using X04 is a good idea to install it,very good bios for memory clocking on Z97 force boards.I did assume you had it already installed

if you're not using X04 bios, you should be.

Yeah what zero said if your not using X04 is a good idea to install it,very good bios for memory clocking on Z97 force boards.I did assume you had it already installed

I will check and see what BIOS I'm on, I think I'm on F7 or something like that.

Is this the one I need to be on?

iCljM.png

Oh... one issue... The BIOS I'm on, Gigabytes website says F7 BIOS prohibits updating to earlier versions of BIOS.. Is there a way to get around that? Or should I just flip the BIOS switch and use the second bios?

iClPN.png

PS: Do you think me being on F7 BIOS is why I couldn't get my RAM kit that did 2800 C9 on a friends z97 OCF to do it on my board? I used all the same settings he did, and it wouldn't run. (I even tried messing around with loads of timings, loosening them + adding voltages here and there, etc) It would boot 2666 c9 perfectly fine and 2800 c11 fine, but 2800 C9 wouldn't work.

I don't think it's my IMC, because I didn't have to add any VSA or IOD/IOA voltages to get all the other speeds working.

Edited by Lays

Guest Bullant

There is so many reasons why it may not do 2800 cl9,it could be the bios,I haven't got the std board and that bios to try for you.I would only use the X04 bios on Z97 gigabyte as it is very good for memory clocking,the other bios may work but they will have trouble with the freedom of setting rtls

I've only used X04 bios on the ln2 board with Samsung,so I would say if you can install X04 bios try again if no luck I can give you some settings to try ,just one more thing is the current bios your on limited to 2.1v dram in bios ? If so the X04 bios will unlock that to

Ill try link you the X04 bios soon,it may already be in this thread

Here it is here that Dino posted awhile ago,its the X04 one for Z97 gigabyte

http://gigabytedaily.blogspot.com.au/2014/05/gigabyte-z97x-soc-force-extreme-oc-bios.html?m=1

Edited by Bullant

F7 works perfectly fine for 2800c9. I've done it before on my board.

If you have no luck with X04, even f7E is a great start for the standard SOC FORCE board. I used it for a long time before moving to the X04 bios.

Be sure to check you're voltages. ioa, iod and sa might help a fair bit.

All boards clock different as well. :)

Guest Bullant

Std force board and ln2 board no different they both like the x04 bios have tried the std board before with it,if you want the best memory "32m tuning bios"result X04 is the way to go,now this is a guess and I would have to test to know for sure using most of the other type retail bios there is a strong chance rtls could wonder off and with std bios you can't manually adjust the rtls.Then "if" rtls did tune correct on retail bios there is the chance once you push memory a little harder rtls would for sure wonder off

I'm sure its possable to get most bios working to some degree but I think X04 is the one

q

I have a problem, I updated my #1 BIOS to F7 a while back, and somehow it flashed the BIOS on both BIOS #1 and #2.

Now I can't put X04 or any previous BIOS on. Someone told me I could make a bootable USB and boot into DOS and do it?

F7 doesn't let you use q-flash in BIOS to flash previous versions, so I've gotta find a way around that.

Guest Bullant

Z97 Gigga BBSE cpu water and memory air....... 1.94v

2vd2slh.png

Stability test BBSE 1.94v cpu water and memory air... 2700Mhz all tight with 39-40 rtls

1h829w.png

Stability test BBSE 1.95v cpu water and memory air... 2736Mhz all tight with 39-40 rtls

30ryb2a.png

Stability test BBSE 1.94v cpu water and memory air... with triples 10-10-10,is also 32M stable

bbx3.png

24f0k83.jpg

Guest Bullant

Few various PSC test,all cpu water and memory on air....

1.9v Gskill 2000 cl6 Pi

2n74oed.png

1.91v Gskill 2200 cl7 Pi,same sub timings as above but 88 trfc,no waza

2ilcuav.png

1.93v Gskill 2000 cl9 Pi, no waza

2yxfcs6.png