HWBOT Community Forums

Gigabyte Z97X-SOC Force-PSC

Guest Bullant

Guest Bullant

I've only used X04 mate and works great for all my testing ,I have x05 and x05a to test soon,I've never used a profile just normally just set it up myself.Im not sure if the x04 even has those memory profile ahah don't think it has

• Administrators
Well, after more time tonight, I came to the conclusion that X08 is broken (at least for me). After messing around, it will just stop booting unless memory is 100% stock and even then it's not a sure thing. On F7a I dialed in a nice 2800C9 on my Sammys and it booted right up. Copied all settings 100% over to X08, no boot. Dialed mem down to 2400 to give it a chance to train but still no boot. I'm going to re-flash the BIOS tomorrow. If that doesn't work, I'll switch to X04.

Quick edit: Can you boot with any of the Samsung profiles?

Skip the profiles, all of them are junk, not even a base to work with, this only wastes your time. Hand dial in like Bullants proposes is best option for sure

Guest Bullant

Just on the rtls and iols,this is what your looking for.If you look at Ch A 39-39-4-4 and Ch B 40-40-4-4 on the LN2 board,on the std board you would want them at A 40-40-4-4 and B 41-41-4-4.So many ways to train memory and rtls,quite often it seems to be our "rtls" that cause the memory training problem.In a perfect setup when you set 2666 cl8 tight straight up you want board to just boot and train rtls @ 40 41 4-4 but if you have a weak link like imc,memory,or board it can set rtls to tight and just not boot (or to loose and efficiency will be junk),giving boot loop or code 69,pushing memory hard will also tend to do this.You can also sometimes boot and rtls are little off or spot on.

So on my ln2 board @ 2666 bbse with rtls auto it will boot rtls 40-41-4-4,I normally just lock them it straight up and save,if it gets code 69 back to bios and just save again and most of the time it'll work,sometimes you can leave rtls on auto and save if it goes back to bios lock them in save and see if it boots.In worse case you can leave rtls on auto boot 2400 then 2600 then lock then 2666 or lock after 2666,its something you'll have to work out with you gear

X04 bios is a great bios that works with PSC ,bbse and Samsung in all my testing works great with this bios,yes on the LN2 board,the PSC I tested long time ago on the std board did also work well

You'll need to dial in the rest of the bios also

o075ut.jpg

152z3et.jpg

q

o075ut.jpg

152z3et.jpg

For RTL training & tightening, do you happen to know if that just requires more VDIMM & VSA/IO? Or is it just VDIMM?

I noticed my sammies at 2.11v for 2800 CL9 tight second/third timings, my mobo sets loose RTL and IOL, like 43-44 and 44-44 with 5-5 or something like that.

Guest Bullant

When your rtls loose like that go back to bios and try lock them in I think the std board should be 42-42-4-4 and B 43-43-4-4 save exit do this after 2800 has train when you see the loose rtls and iols,see if it does it with same vdim if not bump up a little vdim each time see if you can get it to work,also "disable" fast boot

To much vdim can effect your training but you still need enough for stability

When your rtls loose like that go back to bios and try lock them in I think the std board should be 42-42-4-4 and B 43-43-4-4 save exit do this after 2800 has train when you see the loose rtls and iols,see if it does it with same vdim if not bump up a little vdim each time see if you can get it to work,also "disable" fast boot

To much vdim can effect your training but you still need enough for stability

Yeah I have memory fast boot set to "disable"

Do I need to train back up from 2400/2600/2666/2800 with the lower RTL/IOL?

here is what I was getting, (tWR is actually set to 10 in bios)

j0fOH.png

Edited by Lays

Guest Bullant

No maybe easier leave them on auto like you have then go to bios when its trained 2800 and lock them in at 42-42-4-4 43-43-4-4,the board should do the 42-43 as this is the norm

You are getting there

If you tried 2400mhz with these locked in rtls it wouldn't work,wrong rtls for MHz ,auto rtls would be needed in training from 2400mhz

Edited by Bullant

No maybe easier leave them on auto like you have then go to bios when its trained 2800 and lock them in at 42-42-4-4 43-43-4-4,the board should do the 42-43 as this is the norm

You are getting there

If you tried 2400mhz with these locked in rtls it wouldn't work,wrong rtls for MHz ,auto rtls would be needed in training from 2400mhz

Ok so post at 2800 auto RTL then lock in 42-42-4-4 43-43-4-4? Seems easy enough!

Guest Bullant

Also if fails you can save the profile with the locked in rtls and iols,reset bios to std,save exit and go back to bios load your new profile with locked in rtls and iols and save exit see if works,if it gives code 69 go back to bios save exit couple times see if post

That's the exact issue I've been having. Worth working with someone at GB to debug?

Found my issue! When memory is on "manual" you can still tune the RTL's on second channel. I had RTL's preloaded on that channel but had assumed they were turned off because because it was on Manual, not advanced Manual.

Out of these days and days of tuning, I finally got a 32M run. Untweaked OS, no wazza, no ramdisk, loose secondaries/tertiaries, etc... but it ran at 2800 on my Sammies.

Edited by xxbassplayerxx

Guest Bullant

Yeah I only run in advance manual,gives me the freedom to adjust rtls and try new things as I want.I normally always boot with rtls already locked in but there are times it require a lot more different training solutions when running cold mems

Memory is so rewarding when it starts to come together

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant
Darnit Bullant, I was all set to get rid of this board and now your "save anyway on code 69" method got me running BBSE on it lol

Good to know you got it working mate,it is a very good board and can clock to the sky,I just never give up on getting memory to work,I just try everything and go to bed sometimes thinking oh ill try that next time ahah

Sometimes on all mems you mite have to save exit few times even if a fail just on post code

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant

Was your rtls and iols higher before? Running a tighter rtls and iols combo say if it was 43-44 and now your 42-43 it could require little more vdim,also make sure you haven't messed a sub timing up or a setting,if you are advanced

Always check memtweakit on desk top to see what rtls and iols are like

Bullant do you happen to use a stripped down version or normal version of xp for 32M benching? 32 bit or 64?

I'm gonna work on rtl and IOL later tonight when it cools off, it's like 30c or better right now in my pc room :(

Guest Bullant
Bullant do you happen to use a stripped down version or normal version of xp for 32M benching? 32 bit or 64?

I'm gonna work on rtl and IOL later tonight when it cools off, it's like 30c or better right now in my pc room :(

Ive been playing with Perica OS he posted a little while ago,its a ghost image.He has a few details and guide what to do, the image is on this page

XP 32 bit is the OS you want

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=124735

Ive been playing with Perica OS he posted a little while ago,its a ghost image.He has a few details and guide what to do, the image is on this page

XP 32 bit is the OS you want

http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=124735

What's this "wazza" or "waza" a lot of superpi people talk about? I tried googling and finding stuff about it but I could only find people mentioning it here and there, instead of explaining what it is and what it does.

(sorry for off-topic conversation, trying to learn :P )

Guest Bullant

Waza can make say a 7m 24 drop to 7m 20

Just did a quick test showing little difference on rtls,as you can see on here the first one I used 41-42 giving me a faster time of .400,was just a stability test no waza and stuff.So you can see if on the std board running 43-44 rtls would hurt times a little

This sammy kit I bought recently seems to be a real low volt kit,1.84v vdim for this,every kit will be different,this kit tops out at 2.050v were some kits may need 2v or more for this but they may also scale higher on the volts

2468lsh.png

42-43 rtls

xnb1vn.png

Waza can make say a 7m 24 drop to 7m 20

Just did a quick test showing little difference on rtls,as you can see on here the first one I used 41-42 giving me a faster time of .400,was just a stability test no waza and stuff.So you can see if on the std board running 43-44 rtls would hurt times a little

This sammy kit I bought recently seems to be a real low volt kit,1.84v vdim for this,every kit will be different,this kit tops out at 2.050v were some kits may need 2v or more for this but they may also scale higher on the volts

2468lsh.png

q

Our timings are quite close, but I need lots more voltage for that, around 2.1vdimm from my testings

I get a tiny bit lower in a few timings, but then you beat me in some others. How did you manage to get timing configurator to display "tWR" correctly? Mine displays 18 even though bios set to 10 :(

Thank you so much for your help bullant, I got this gem earlier to run XTU no problems at all!

I am not sure what else I can change now, it seems like I'm not gaining any points on xtu anymore. I don't think they will do 2933 either unfortunately, unless I put a crap ton of voltage through them :(

j2qE6.png

Edited by Lays

Guest Bullant

Looking good mate,im glad your starting to get it sorted,setting twtp in bios to "20" should give you twr '10" make sure you do both channels if your on advanced,if you set tREFI to 30000 this will take a little stress of the system,in return it will give you little stability without loosing efficiency,some go higher up to 54000 its something you need to play with.Some do see better efficiency with tFAW "16" tRDRD_dd "4" ,you can try tWRWR_dr and tWRWR_dd both "4" but I like these on "5" but test and see if any of these help your efficiency.I normally have tCKE on "4",cant remember now if that does much as its been so long when I dialed my timings in.

If your game you can try more vdim and go for more bclk 102.60 + 39x + 2800 gives you 40x and more MHz

Note the tREFI this high is more suited to sammy and not PSC bbse,I set 11000 for them

Edited by Bullant

Lays, it could be board/BIOS. Bull is on X04 with LN2 board.

Aw that's true. You said you had the same issue I think? I'm on X04 too, so it must be board related or something, who knows.

I'm gonna head off to bed, thanks guys again for all the memory help, I hope to get into 32m sometime and grab some psc as well to learn more!