HWBOT Community Forums

Gigabyte Z97X-SOC Force-PSC

Guest Bullant

Guest Bullant

I wouldn't take to much notice of the volts I used for the 2800 1.85V,yes other boards may need say 1.87v say " I haven't tested " but the other 2 dims to this kit are as good clock wise but higher volts are needed,so take no notice of the vdim I used

Ill test my ocf later against this board on volts wise,I don't think its that big difference

Edited by Bullant

• Administrators

Is there any option I can use the Bios version I like on my SOCF? I got the board with f7 bios on both chips, and even dos with efiflash tells me that I am not allowed to use my property, which I paid money for btw, the way I want to do.

Is there any option I can use the Bios version I like on my SOCF? I got the board with f7 bios on both chips, and even dos with efiflash tells me that I am not allowed to use my property, which I paid money for btw, the way I want to do.

I used some program a guy on ocn told me to use, one sec I link u

http://www.overclock.net/t/1490835/the-gigabyte-z97x-overclocking-guide/220#post_24097443

here's the post & directions, it worked for me to flash x04 on my second BIOS chip that had F7 on it.

Edited by Lays

QFlash wouldn't let you flash the X BIOSes?

It wouldn't let me over-write F7 bios because it like locks the board down so you can't revert to old BIOS.

With the program in the link I posted, it did it first try and I got it all done worked right away. :D

Guest Bullant

FPT tool has been around for awhile now,I'm sure I linked it in here little while ago,either way its what Ive been using too

Me too, thanks for the link and the help :) - much better support than some mainboard vendors offer :D

Lol yeah! I actually tweeted at Gigabyte before I figured out what I had to do.

They were like "please email Gigabyte@facebook.com and we will help you ASAP!"

But then a guy on OCN quoted me and let me know about that program so I used that instead.

• Administrators

Other vendors did similar in the past (downgrade lock) and did not care, good that Gigabyte offered to help at least, that´s nice, but problem is solved anyway. Will do some checks on my new 24/7 board and the F7 was no winner Bios

Other vendors did similar in the past (downgrade lock) and did not care, good that Gigabyte offered to help at least, that´s nice, but problem is solved anyway. Will do some checks on my new 24/7 board and the F7 was no winner Bios

my OC rig is my 24/7 rig so I use F7 on first BIOS slot and X04 on second BIOS slot.

Then I just use F7 24/7 and X04 when I want to do some oc'ing :)

Guest Bullant

Some 4Ghz fail,should be able to get it to pass given bit more time,was .125 faster then my other 4ghz time @ 5th loop so 16.1XX maybe

11r3tdh.png

Little bit better 5GHz that failed ahahh

30dchg7.png

Edited by Bullant

• 3 weeks later...
It wouldn't let me over-write F7 bios because it like locks the board down so you can't revert to old BIOS.

With the program in the link I posted, it did it first try and I got it all done worked right away. :D

Did you do this with a DOS Bootable usb drive or in Windows?

also: ugh I need to figure out how to get more points, I'm so close to being like top 5 in novice :(

I hear ya, I have about $2000.00 worth of ddr3 mems, Mobo's, video cards and cpu's I have not even touched yet and only about 2 bench sessions in the last 2 months because I started a remodeling business with a buddy. Used to have the time but little money, then when you finally get money you can't enjoy it. I've also got 20L on ln2 sitting in the garage for the last 2 weeks that I am dying to use.

Thanks for the reply but I just gave it a shot in windows and worked no problem

I hear ya, I have about $2000.00 worth of ddr3 mems, Mobo's, video cards and cpu's I have not even touched yet and only about 2 bench sessions in the last 2 months because I started a remodeling business with a buddy. Used to have the time but little money, then when you finally get money you can't enjoy it. I've also got 20L on ln2 sitting in the garage for the last 2 weeks that I am dying to use.

Thanks for the reply but I just gave it a shot in windows and worked no problem

I need a job :c I been doing all this so far jobless with money from re-selling parts and then buying different ones with the money lol.

Applied at a job near me hopefully they hire me so I can save up and get skylake or X99 for more points :D

Short of going Ln2 I've already basically done everything my hardware can do :(

Applied at a job near me hopefully they hire me so I can save up and get skylake or X99 for more points :D

:(

Didn't you have X99 when it first came out, maybe I'm thinking of someone else but I swear you had a 5820k. I was looking into it for myself but decided to stick with Haswell. Anyways, you certainly have squeezed a lot from that hardware, maybe you need to get creative and get some cheap used parts and sell em after snatching some HWBoints. Too bad you live so far, I'd have you work for me

Didn't you have X99 when it first came out, maybe I'm thinking of someone else but I swear you had a 5820k. I was looking into it for myself but decided to stick with Haswell. Anyways, you certainly have squeezed a lot from that hardware, maybe you need to get creative and get some cheap used parts and sell em after snatching some HWBoints. Too bad you live so far, I'd have you work for me

I had a 5820k for like 2 weeks or so, my soc champion board was having so many issues I decided to just return everything & go back to z97 and spend the extra money on my custom loop & 980.

At first I was going to RMA the board, but I decided to just return the stuff instead for a refund because I got so fed up with all of the issues :/

Guest Bullant

Some Gskill Pi 2000 cl6 memory on air and cpu on water 1.9v not 32m stable,I need to test these memory's on cold next time I have LN2

was a direct boot from bios

244r7kg.png

Edited by Bullant

Some Gskill Pi 2000 cl6 memory on air and cpu on water 1.9v not 32m stable,I need to test these memory's on cold next time I have LN2

was a direct boot from bios

You sure do, that is pretty amazing. I've seen some good results posted using the Gskill Pi 2000 cl6 mems. Sure better than my 2200 c7 pi's. Good thing I have two sets of high bin psc heading my way, one g.skill two times the copper.......the other just eight layers but five sectors. Hehe what could they be?

Guest Bullant
You sure do, that is pretty amazing. I've seen some good results posted using the Gskill Pi 2000 cl6 mems. Sure better than my 2200 c7 pi's. Good thing I have two sets of high bin psc heading my way, one g.skill two times the copper.......the other just eight layers but five sectors. Hehe what could they be?

Nice man,I have a 2200 Pi kit that is quite good that I also need to test on this board cold,post some results when you get your new memory's

strong kit indeed, wait for your LN2 result :)

Yes is a nice kit on air,will try them on this board on cold when I have ln2 again.Just waiting on z170 board then I'll give haswell a rest ahah

,post some results when you get your new memory's

Just waiting on z170 board then I'll give haswell a rest ahah

Sure thing, I had to leave behind a freshly prepped oc formula, and new unused soc force, xpower and second oc formula since I think that dielectric twisted some pins with the pressure of the ekwb inflection point pot. As well as a full dewar since I am working out of state this week.

I thought about making the jump to z170 but am still learning haswell since I got a late start. I just got a highly binned 4770k that does 6000 mhz at 1.4v to try out too. Want to see if it can validate at 6500. Supposed to have a good imc