HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA 2014 Class A AM Qualifier thread.

Vivi

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My '03 sub is deemed invalid according to the rules, so that will drop me below several people.

My October work schedule is pretty busy right now, so I really didn't put forth a very strong effort to qualify. Things could change, but I'm not planning on it.

Here is Futuremark's response to my validation file:

Begin quote:

Yup, everything looks OK.

Official sounding text:

Futuremark validation of 3DMark03 score for Mike Gorius:

229976 3DMarks

Due to these scores being run with a currently unsupported older version of Futuremark's System Info component, they cannot be uploaded to the 3dmark.com website and validated automatically.

These two scores have been manually verified on July 30, 2014 by Pasi Virtanen ( pasi@futuremark.com ), the manager in charge of the result database and benchmark score validation and verification at Futuremark based on the result files and screenshots showing the system configuration with CPU-Z and GPU-Z information.

The scores were run with a valid installation of 3DMark03 version 3.6.0.

Settings used:

Resolution 1024 x 768 , Anti-aliasing: none, Texture filtering: Optimal, Max Anisotropy 4, Vertex Shaders: Optimal, Repeat Tests: Off, Fixed Framerate: Off

Main hardware components for both runs were Intel Core i7-4790K (@5698.67 MHz) and MSI brand AMD Radeon R9 290X (GPU Clock 1400 MHz).

According to Futuremark's analysis this scores is valid and corresponds to the system details shown in the CPU-Z and GPU-Z screenshots and there is no indication that the scores wouldn't pass the validation of 3dmark.com website and database if a new System Info component was used.

The System Info component has no effect on benchmark scores, so based on this manual investigation these scores are comparable to any 3DMark 3.6.0 score shown as valid on the Futuremark website.

Hope this helps!

:end quote

Congratz to the winners. IMHO the qualifiers may be to select the best overclockers (or even hard workers) in any region.

The correct, and the rules inform that is needed to have a validation link.

For me, if Gunslinger (better, Futuremark) can comprove the score is valid, he did effort himself to go, and got the scores to go.

But if MSI and HWBOT keep as mandatory, and cannot accept the score without validation, the place NEED to be from gnidaol.

He got the best scores, and made more effort to go.

Sorry, but is completely non sense get one per country in that situation.

There are plenty of mistakes (imho again).

Why 2 places to USA and 1 to other countries?

Why MSI undervalue the brazilian overclockers.

We have rbuass,, and more gnidaol, Joe90Br, Darkvenom, and we sent more scores and more people joined the competition.

What stupid rule can give a place to the last one???

And please. If Gunslinger get a place, what I think is correct because he worth, IS NOT FAIR he choose who will go.

Simply. Or MSI and Hwbot aceept the Gunslinger score, or Gnidaol is the right guy to go.

Brazil had 151 points and 4 members

USA had 136 points and 4 members

why USA had 2 places and all other countries just 1?

Ok... the rule is valid, but IF there are no valid score to MOA.... THERE ARE NO RULE to replace the competitor.

Edited by sergiorb

I do not understand why yours have two waves only for USA, and all others country have only one place, if the organizers do not accept the result because outside the rules, I see no reason to put a person who was in the 6th place in a country that has been divided into two. It would be nice revise this part of the rule. ;)

Edited by Schenckel bros

Congrats to everyone!

I had my issues this year, it was impossible to get a lightning on time here in brazil (ok it would be possible by paying $2.299 USD) and the gaming edition has its MAX clocks limited to 1340/1625, no bios support from msi on this (they actually told me to that the "gaming app" should be more than enough for me if I was going to use a gaming edition VGA xD ). I still participate not just because it's maybe the only contest that still allows me to participate, but because I want to support the overclocking as a sport.

I still think that if there's gonna be a rule of one person per country only, why it still separates the qualifiers by regions?

If you are supposed to battle just the people from your own country everyone should fight together and the TOP 15 countries get qualified its top overclocker... It's a national MOA not a regional, but in the end your country should have scores good enough to get into the finals (Something like the olympics where you need to reach a certain time, high, distance, grade, etc to get to participate).

FTW is a great OCer, it will be great if he could make it again to the finals, he beat my 03 score with great efficiency (maybe the lightning has a greater power limit than the gaming one, maybe his System info not detecting the card let the drive works better, or maybe my card just s... very hard or I wasn't smart to disable the systeminfo VGA detection as well), but definitely, if gunslinger can't really make it to the finals, everyone else should also have the opportunity to join it regardless of the country.

Anyway, great job every one! I really hope that some of you can do really great on the finals this year and keep our "supposedly" four spots for next year. I wish I could battle in the finals again this year, but regardless of that I wish you all that made it good luck there! Lets keep overclocking and enjoying this fascinating art.

Thanks MSI, not for the great support or for the killer hardware (IYKWIM), but for keeping the MOA through the years and because of that to end up motivating many overclockers to push it a little harder at least once in a year.

Edited by gnidaol

Congratulations to all winners!

I do not understand why U.S. can have two vacancies and the remaining countries have only one for each.

This is very unfair...

If the Gunslinger is not rated to go - it's not fair to pick someone to go in his place - the correct would follow the ranking score and let go Gnidaol in place of Gunslinger.

It is a very stupid rule...

The Brazil has the same number of participants that the U.S.

Because MSI and HWBOT are underestimating overclockers in Brazil?

Easy guys, twice the population twice the participants. Imo they should not have limited it to any amount per country. The best should go regardless of race. But to change the rules after the competition won't happen. Why don't we wait till they confirm all the scores.

George - the staff is on it my friend, let them analyze it...

Ronaldo - relax my friend, this kind of stuff happens. It can all be checked and cleared out, no need to get pissed.

What I am trying to say is that stuff like this will always happen and it will always get sorted out. It is normal for people to point at results that are out of the ordinary in a competition and it is normal for people who worked a lot for those results to get pissed. The ideal thing to do is to let the staff check it and don't put more unnecessary gas on the fire.

Don't take it personal, don't put it to your heart, don't start a fight with other overclockers, etc. We are all people here and most of us are friends. And I know George personally and he is a nice guy, and I also know Ronaldo personally and he is a nice guy. Relax guys, no point in fighting. Please? Just be bigger persons and let the stuff take a look at the situation - this applies to everybody else...

First of all I don't want to see a public witch-hunt. We all know Ronaldo and until everything is clarified and approved by the staff please handle this case with respect.

@ Ronaldo: I can really understand that you are angry. Ofc you don't have to show everything on the screenshot or in the result details. However it helps the moderation and everybody else to verify the results. If somebody doesn't know that you downclocked to take a screenshot the performance can look out of line. I think you can understand that aswell.

Let's continue via PM.

I've said what I have to say, and to avoid any situation like this all one would have to do is put the correct mhz in their submission. It's not like there is a wrapper auto filling the mhz field, the user must manually enter cpu speed. When a user chooses to not disclose this they leave themselves open for questioning when said results are completely out of line.

Listing that you down clock in the comments is the proper way to do it, Ronaldo. It's nothing against you personally I would have done it for anyone with an extraordinary result.

And a final note, here is a submission from today on the front page to further illustrate my point.

http://hwbot.org/submission/2595920_barbonenet_superpi___32m_core_i7_4770k_4min_53sec_609ms

almost 6.4Ghz and 2750 c9, so when you post a score that is 160mhz less and memory much lower you can see why you get called out.

Last words from me, it's up to the staff now :)

Well George... You should don't keep talking and spreading about what you don't know, and about what you don't understand.

See you how ridiculous can be accuse people without proof.

5VZMN5.jpg

Ah... the time still better... because we don't spend too much time in 2D.

I am pretty sure I can improve that score a lot.

Edited by rbuass

Well George... You should don't keep talking and spreading about what you don't know, and about what you don't understand.

See you how ridiculous can be accuse people without proof.

5VZMN5.jpg

Ah... the time still better... because we don't spend too much time in 2D.

I am pretty sure I can improve that score a lot.

Ronaldo, this is a better prove ;)

Good job Ronaldo that's all I wanted to see :)

What ever clock it was regardless, you ran and finished 32M at some frequency higher than 6216, like I thought originally. I still think the actual clocks are higher than 6318, but regardless I have to say well done. Next time just post clocks that you actually ran in the comments of your submission.

How about next time to avoid all this just post what you actually ran or the just a video of the run and don't write three pages of insults when your result gets questioned.

Good job Ronaldo that's all I wanted to see :)

What ever clock it was regardless, you ran and finished 32M at some frequency higher than 6216, like I thought originally. I still think the actual clocks are higher than 6318, but regardless I have to say well done. Next time just post clocks that you actually ran in the comments of your submission.

How about next time to avoid all this just post what you actually ran or the just a video of the run and don't write three pages of insults when your result gets questioned.

Buddy...

You knew me personally in San Francisco... OC Main Event.

I will tell you...

You can just ask in PM... or even, if you post in a topic, use a "light" way to do it.

You used a meme hater in your first post...

This is not nice mate...

I will not keep flaming... but you and the guys that follow that wrong way, is not doing the right way...

We all are united by a affinity, that very few people know...

If we want to grow as community, we need to keep a good standard to talk with our friends...

The way you posted, encourage people to think I did cheat in the score.

As I told you... we lose few minutes to beat this score... but lose much more to insulate and to reply insults and headache.

I will ask a question ok???

And if my system never more run properly???.... And if my system can not reach same score???... Now... people will tell I am a cheater because this kind of comments.

Is the reason I am thinking serioulsy to give up to post in Hwbot Foruns.

Its all.

More sales...more cheap...more easy to bin hardware.....more places?

Imo it's about country and I see no more people from USA trying.

That's a hard answer ... who will replace Gunslinger spot?

I had same 03 issue, and also request from Futuremark some official validation.

I received email with all benchmark details, and official infos that the score was real...includding settings.

Also it was written the main info (that system info do not affect score).

Then I received MSI official email....talking that the 3dr valid file is mandatory....and regardless FM email...it was not valid.

It is the reason I am pretty sure they will not accept Gunslinger score (that imo should get a place in the finals)...

Now, I believe the best next score should go, because it shows the guy that worked more to go...

@ splave .... attempt they split USA in 2 parts...by size, and not by sales.