HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA 2014 Class A EMEA Qualifier thread.

Massman

It is not none of my business and personally I didn't meet Mr. Don Corleone at all and we are not even talk too each other any time and some guys in Iran think even we are enemy !!! But I have to say he is a respective OverClocker in Iran and I think calling him cheater is a shame.

From what I see in the staff section, it seems this was an accident more than a deliberate attempt at faul play.

Nobody said you were cheating. This does not apply to your case at all.

Pieter do you remember in past MOAs what was HWBOT action about suspicious results??? I won't name but I actually remember you ask them for rebench after competition closed(Like two Brazilian OCers) !!!

So if you really think that there was not any purpose and cheating why don't you let him rebench and give him another try on that 2 benches ? Won't that be more fair like what you've done in past?

Edited by Poorya_lion

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a different situation, Poorya. In the situation you are referring to, there was no question about the validity of the scores.

//edit.

The situation with the scores is clear. For the 3DMark03 score the link is missing and for the Unigine Heaven we can see in the log files that it was not ran at default settings. There's no doubt that the 3DMark03 is a fully legit score, but the competition requires specifically a valid verification link. I feel your pain, but these are just the rules :(.

Edited by Massman

• Crew

It's always good to make some early submissions in the competition to make sure your scores are valid and the validations work before you are disappointed in the last five minutes. don corleon matrix rnd had truly awesome overclocks on the GPU, it's a pity the submissions were a bit wishy washy, hopefully see them next time fully prepared!

Thanks Pooria. You actually know better how difficult to OC in Iran and compete in such a high level and even set WR but... Hwbot staff always calls to have OC community bigger and bigger worldwide but what they do not shows that. If you know about situation here (a 290x lightning costs half of annual salary of a government employed person) you might give us more respect not this...

Before submitting my results in final hour my team mates told me that they (hwbot staff) will be against your score and now i see they were right. In the past years many of my results got reported cause nobody believes an Iranian could and should do a record.

I just wanted a chance to rebench in live stream. I have submitted my results in the right time and i dont want to have a new score. If you doubt my results i will rebench. Everyone got chance to have livestream unless photoshopping confirmed or score is impossible. And look at Hwbot Unigine Heaven rules. What it says? Which one of this happens in this score?

Disallowed tweaks/cheats

• Mipmap
  • Any software or human interaction altering the perceived speed of the benchmark program, tricking it to believe it ran faster
  • Wireframe hacks: any software or driver causing a benchmark program not (properly) render the textures
  • Rendered image differs too much from the original due to other software tweaking

Allowed optimisations

• Driver settings finetuning
  • Tesselation tweaking

Tesselation tweak is ok? Looks like its not ok in fact. You are not obeying your rules. Why tweaking 01 to get 5k more is ok but heaven not??

Ok, looks like no iranian should have a place in finals. So congrats to new qualified persons. Enjoy your Nationality

Remember, i just wanted chance to reproduce that scores and you dont give it

And i am sorry for my team mates who supported me very well. You deserve more respect and looks like could not done enough to qualify and make you happy.

Goodbye hwbot

Edited by Don_Corleone

When I first saw your score I was really excited that someone from Iran would make it to MOA. I have a lot of respect for what you guys manage to do over there. However we have to be strict with the rules and apply the same to everyone.

Same goes to the rule about a live rebench. We only requested that in the past if the results were valid but either suspicious or hardware sharing involved. In your case the results are not valid so there is nothing we can do. Belive me I'm really sorry about that.

Edit: I recall: Tesselation tweaking is related to the driver tesselation. It has never been allowed to change the benchmark itself. That's why you see "use default settings" on top of the rules.

Edited by der8auer

Before submitting my results in final hour my team mates told me that they (hwbot staff) will be against your score and now i see they were right.

This point right here doesn't really sit well. Why would someone think that people would be against "totally valid" scores? For someone to think that, they must either know something is wrong, be it deliberately or inadvertently. All experienced overclockers should have an idea of what scores you should get at given clocks. When a score seems out of line, any experienced person should know it. With that being said, anyone that has been keeping up with unigine heaven lately or that has been following the MOA qualifiers would know that the older 13.11 drivers don't score as well as the newer 14.6 drivers. It seems that at some point, someone realized that the score was off and that people would question it's validity, which is what ended up happening.

Don't get me wrong, the clocks were amazing and had that result been done with 14.6 drivers or newer, I don't think anyone would have questioned it.

Thanks for the explanation, Roman. I agree with both yours- and Sam's conclusion that sandbagging led to this. I was just repulsed by other respected veteran overclockers on how easy they throw a 'cheater' accusation around.

Just a little note. Like what tiborrr said never call anyone cheater so easily.

I am so sorry for some overclockers that calling me a cheater. Just remember that i was in hwbot before some of you even know about hwbot.

And i sorry for hwbot staff that before asking me a live stream or anything like it, removed my results and letting others think i am a cheater. Thank you...

I am still insisting that both my results are valid. And that ####ing 03 could not detect my systeminfo version. I have a video and i will upload it here (sry but my internet is limited at around 128K) that shows even by installing a 4.29 system info it says your system info is old! So what i could do? The stupid benchmark does not detect system info 4.29 and detect it as 3.7. What is my fault here?

Please do not mix up the case of cyclone with your case! Nobody said you were cheating. This does not apply to your case at all.

Just so that we're clear, I wasn't accusing Don since I didn't know the situation clearly, however photoshopping is clear manipulation and is definite cheating. If the result is clearly photoshopped and was trying to deceivingly gain an advantage then the user should be banned from competitions for a specific amount of time which would be discussed by the admins, I would personally say they should forget about MOA 2015 if that's true.

Not trying to start a lynch mob just trying to point out what should be clear.

thank you all who Understanding specially Poorya :)

Mike: there is no very different between 13.1 and 14.6 at least for us! it`s not good reason.

That was a different situation, Poorya. In the situation you are referring to, there was no question about the validity of the scores.

I`m sorry but i can only say this different situation is because of our country. It`s OK, OC WW added to it

I try but can`t forget and will not forget what you do in last years, you exactly know my mean. I thought after meeting between you and corleone in EMEA 2011 you rly changed!

you are Hwbot Administrator and know very well Corleone don`t use any Disallowed tweaks such:

Mipmap

Any software or human interaction altering the perceived speed of the benchmark program, tricking it to believe it ran faster

Wireframe hacks: any software or driver causing a benchmark program not (properly) render the textures

Rendered image differs too much from the original due to other software tweaking

last words:

it over of us but "PLEASE" for next year choose correct benchmark like 3DM fire strike or 3DM11 that have good validition with out problem not your benchmark with a lot of bug! same about cpu..... spi now has 20 years old and have not valid!

I Hope you Guys never have Experience of OC with same situation in Iran, "but it`s my biggest honor that Iran with all of problems is rock standing at #11 in Country League, in other hands my Nationality should be my proude and another causes is Hiwa Great Persian originally overclocker"

this is World Wide Overclocking League and Iran has no place there! OK I accept it like Don

Good Luck all in Grand Final :)

Edited by Mehdi_FXX

thank you all who Understanding specially Poorya :)

Mike: there is no very different between 13.1 and 14.6 at least for us! it`s not good reason.

I`m sorry but i can only say this different situation is because of our country. It`s OK, OC WW added to it

I try but can`t forget and will not forget what you do in last years, you exactly know my mean. I thought after meeting between you and corleone in EMEA 2011 you rly changed!

you are Hwbot Administrator and know very well Corleone don`t use any Disallowed tweaks such:

Mipmap

Any software or human interaction altering the perceived speed of the benchmark program, tricking it to believe it ran faster

Wireframe hacks: any software or driver causing a benchmark program not (properly) render the textures

Rendered image differs too much from the original due to other software tweaking

last words:

it over of us but "PLEASE" for next year choose correct benchmark like 3DM fire strike or 3DM11 that have good validition with out problem not your benchmark with a lot of bug! same about cpu..... spi now has 20 years old and have not valid!

I Hope you Guys never have Experience of OC with same situation in Iran, "but it`s my biggest honor that Iran with all of problems is rock standing at #11 in Country League, in other hands my Nationality should be my proude and another causes is Hiwa Great Persian originally overclocker"

this is World Wide Overclocking League and Iran has no place there! OK I accept it like Don

Good Luck all in Grand Final :)

I'm really confused and maybe it's because I'm still quite new around here, but what is all this talk about the OC scene being against Iran?

As far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter where you're from, we all have the same rules, we all compete in the same league so we all get treated the same?

If this isn't the case then I'd like an explanation as to why this is.

You Persian guys are rock, if you had half of support we have you were all in top 5... Shame on that stupid government.

Hope you guys never stop overclocking and I really hope to see you in top all the time, hwbot is not the only place to show your best.

I know all adminds here.. They are good people and they try to help ocers don't be mad on them.

• Crew

ObscurePradix you are right. It is NOT against any countries or people but a matter of rules. I think there is a misbelief rhregarding previous events and a confusion was made.

Anyhow rules are rules and hwbot judges and cinpetituon judges are independant in their jidge role.

Rules are rules and MSI is making them, in accordance with hwvot (to my understanding).

In the end it is only aboit a rule that this came to a score being unauthorised. As said sometimes it is buggy run but rules are quite mature nowdays : "run at default settings" was one of them.

Also conpetition are worldwide and the dimension of personal perspective or country gdp, ease of acces etc doesn't play into this.. because it is way too subjective.

I'm sad too to not see a middles east ocer but well.. same a we dont see any swedish, or talian (even if many particpate)

Hope tgis case is understood correctly. :)

Ok.. the reason I gave to the staff seems to be the most common one may think about, so let it 'be'. 've got quite predictable feedback way as a piece of a puzzle for myself. Time to re-build some relations till 2014 is my huge personal checkpoint.

I'm really sorry for making troubles here inside the community but I'm also happy about HWBOT team carefully inspecting the results at least for validity. With no argues to the staff, no regret from my side and without silly disproof attempts. I knew what I was doing and I believe it was necessary.

Don't dramatize the situation.. better look on it within a different point and think a bit.

My reputation has been built for years, tons of money and took a huge piece of my life. Ppl especially in Ukraine can tell more. It is considered to be priceless and not worthy just a single MOA ticket or a free HW bundle that can be sold afterwards. If it is damaged hard now in your eyes - no problems, it's up to you guys and this is understandable.

Prolly we'll talk more somewhen.

Okay I'm going down to a well-deserved ban now. Good luck!

Edited by cyclone