HWBOT Community Forums

HSW-E 5820K/5930K/5960X Batch and Serial Numbers

Massman

You can take my comment/advise in any way you want man. Just a small part served as a reply to some of your statements listed in your previous comments.

Again I have tested and benched all boards/CPUs on LN2 besides ASRock. No matter the brand, you dial in the voltages and you have to take into consideration the risks involved. If you bench 4700 on 1.45 Cache voltage it can go down. In my personal opinion that voltage is already way out of whack as it indicates a weak CPU/IMC/... combo. The CPU needs better than water cooling to handle these voltages during hours of bench sessions. If you are able to perform benching in units of minutes, mmm okay...

OCing is all about balancing stuff. If you had 2-3 casualties I would revise the way of approaching things and start asking myself some questions... Easiest route is to blame the hardware ofc...

@Steponzi: Sorry Joe two CPUs went out on your fav board at the Asia gathering, moist issues, don't you love them :P

It is and remains a technical hobby, stuff can go wrong especially when pushed hard

I'm not high and mighty, I flush the same stuff down the toilet is anyone else... Just handing out tips.. if you feel personally attacked, I must have touched a nerve... I just hope everybody learns from their experiences...

Yep I love them.. why I bench gb.. I bench the board by choice. I've benched many chips in many gb x99 boards.. not one problem and have very high hunidity here.. so not sure why someone would have a problem.. seems that was more of a user issue.

Not sure why the personal attacks. It seems the Msi guys want to keep attacking me because I enjoy benching Gigabyte.. personally could care less..

I will continue to do it either way..

Guest george.kokovinis

Folks,

Today, I received a brand new RVE.

I had very strong suspicions that something was wrong, especially after the multiple remarks, advices and personal experience with the specific board.

Here is a quote of Asus technical-service department in Germany, that inspected the board and still do since final cause of malfunction has not yet been discovered.

" Dear sir,

We are extremely sorry to report back, that Rampage V extreme S/N ********

that you sent us, is seriously defective.

Voltages set in BIOS are NOT ACCURATE.

There is a deviation of 0.1-0.2Volts upwards in all major voltage parameters.

VCCIN

Vcore

Vring

VCCSA

Eprom does not store or possibly misinterprets V settings, which we are still researching.

Results are horrendous and can fully justify your multiple damages, since a deviation of 0.1-0.2 Volts is huge and detrimental for the life of the processor.

Asus stands behinds its products.

Asus replaced the board immediately.

Asus will compensate you for any positive damages you have suffered.

Further advice will follow as to the final conclusion of our technical research "

That is it.

At least I stopped thinking I am crazy or something.

The processor details:

Intel Core i7 5820K (Watercooled)

SR20S

MALAY

L438C252

2W429023A3460

---

5011 MHz: http://valid.x86.fr/mbu2dv

5075MHz: http://valid.canardpc.com/ijt1gk

5100MHz: http://valid.canardpc.com/xqyfz4

5150MHz: http://valid.canardpc.com/y0x16i

Edit 17-03-2015:

All tested with 3 runs Cinebench R15 and XTU (successful runs)

4000MHz 1.04V

4500MHz 1.22V (1 run needs 1.2v)

4600MHz 1.28V

4700MHz 1.37V

4500MHz Core 1 needs 1.17v

Runs 5.9GHz on 1.698v with LN2.

Cinebench R15 did 5.6GHz with 1.698v.

I still have to upload the scores.

Folks,

Today, I received a brand new RVE.

I had very strong suspicions that something was wrong, especially after the multiple remarks, advices and personal experience with the specific board.

Here is a quote of Asus technical-service department in Germany, that inspected the board and still do since final cause of malfunction has not yet been discovered.

" Dear sir,

We are extremely sorry to report back, that Rampage V extreme S/N ********

that you sent us, is seriously defective.

Voltages set in BIOS are NOT ACCURATE.

There is a deviation of 0.1-0.2Volts upwards in all major voltage parameters.

VCCIN

Vcore

Vring

VCCSA

Eprom does not store or possibly misinterprets V settings, which we are still researching.

Results are horrendous and can fully justify your multiple damages, since a deviation of 0.1-0.2 Volts is huge and detrimental for the life of the processor.

Asus stands behinds its products.

Asus replaced the board immediately.

Asus will compensate you for any positive damages you have suffered.

Further advice will follow as to the final conclusion of our technical research "

That is it.

At least I stopped thinking I am crazy or something.

At least they were honest with their findings and are compensating you :)

Guest george.kokovinis
At least they were honest with their findings and are compensating you :)

You always have a kind word to say to me.

THANK YOU !

Actually, I advised them that there is no financial damage from my side, since Intel covered all three dead processors.

BUT, I also told them to contact Intel on the issue and I also advised Intel to contact Asus-Germany on the issue, so they can sort between them any give or take.

Thing is I am OK now. No issues.

Thanks again.:)

• 2 weeks later...

My first 5960x !

Took me a while to find this batch number j518b227

4.5ghz @ 1.17v Cinebench and Firestrike stable

although everything was on auto, might be able to bring this down with some tweaking)

Managed to get both the Core and Cache (cinebench stable) to 4793mhz while maintaining 3200mhz on the ram at C16 1t

Got a cpuz validation for Core and Cache at 4846.99 MHz

http://valid.canardpc.com/aat1d2

Has anyone seen cache this high on a 5960x before on Water?

how much cache voltage for 4500 cache ?

1.20 is what i test always on all didnt tried lower

@LS very quick testing is 1.72 58XX R14 passed 5900 crashed

didn't even find CB lol -125 for all i tested

still not my best Ln2 chip :D