HWBOT Community Forums

HSW-E 5820K/5930K/5960X Batch and Serial Numbers

Massman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

J518B488

1)

Not played about with cache yet. Can run 1.55v VL6 ambient, didn't check higher.

Need to check CB15 45/49, 47@1.2v.

5.0 boot @ 1.31v, 5.1 below 1.4v.

7wox6lR.png

2) (need to revisit)

uhfHTnX.png

3)

CB15 45@1.118v, 47@1.2v, 49@1.32v. 5.0 boot @ 1.32v.

1 more to test. will update.

Edited by Doug2507

My chip is for daily use, not LN2 so sorry guys. However if anyone is in the so-cal area, I'd be happy to run the chip in a prepped board for some bench sessions. Along with 2 KP's =)

J507B609. Funny story of how/why I picked this chip out.

4.6 cache @ 1.275V A64 stable for just around 30 minutes, anymore needed more volts. 4.7 needs 1.295V actual, or 1.285VID.

4.5 @ ambient thermaltake AIO 360 for CB15 @ 4.5 cache needed 1.15V and 1.2V cache.

4.5 @ custom loop daily stable is 1.18V core and 1.15V for 43 cache.

4.6 for 24/7 stability is around 1.23V

http://imgur.com/8WBMAGy,jvTmAl8,8KJglnW,7yHpCjZ#0

How much darn it?

SS

Could someone help me out? I have a Core i7 5960x, Batch# J520B350 that I am just dying to overclock unfortunately my Haswell-E/X99 overclocking skills, frankly, suck ass.

I have the 5960x Batch# J520B350, MSI X99A Godlike Gaming motherboard with their Turbo 2036 socket (huzzah for extra pointy pins!!), G.Skill TridentZ 32GB 3200Mhz CAS16-16-16-36 memory (also have Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 3200Mhz CAS16 DDR4 mem as a backup). All under a custom water loop.

I pushed it to 4.4Ghz but that was all on AUTO everything and the CPU voltages were at 1.1xx on auto and temps staying below 70c. I think it could be much more fine tuned but I just don't know how. Could some of you recommend some BIOS settings (volts, cache, ring, etc.) that I could start trying out to see where I can safely push this thing?

Thank you to anyone who will help. :-D

Guest george.kokovinis
Could someone help me out? I have a Core i7 5960x, Batch# J520B350 that I am just dying to overclock unfortunately my Haswell-E/X99 overclocking skills, frankly, suck ass.

I have the 5960x Batch# J520B350, MSI X99A Godlike Gaming motherboard with their Turbo 2036 socket (huzzah for extra pointy pins!!), G.Skill TridentZ 32GB 3200Mhz CAS16-16-16-36 memory (also have Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 3200Mhz CAS16 DDR4 mem as a backup). All under a custom water loop.

I pushed it to 4.4Ghz but that was all on AUTO everything and the CPU voltages were at 1.1xx on auto and temps staying below 70c. I think it could be much more fine tuned but I just don't know how. Could some of you recommend some BIOS settings (volts, cache, ring, etc.) that I could start trying out to see where I can safely push this thing?

Thank you to anyone who will help. :-D

Hello,

Without meaning to be disrespectful, you started from the very top with very expensive equipment.

Trial and error can cost a lot of money.

With that being said, I would like to ask what kind of custom cooling you have.

70 degrees is way too much for a 5960X running at 4.4ghz.

For instance, I am running 50-52 degrees at 4.4 core and 4.2 cache with two triple radiators and a D5 pump.

So, before making any suggestions about manual settings, we must see

why you have so high temperatures.

Please check that the waterblock is correctly positioned and firm on the cpu

without too much tightening to avoid damage to the socket pins.

Use good quality thermal paste and be sure to apply correctly.

Check that the whole waterloop does not have any air and the flow of water is not obstructed.

After all the above, set core voltage to 1.15Volts and run Cinebench R15 to see what temperatures you have.

Leave everything else on auto for the moment.

Report back and we will take it from there:)

Kind regards,

George

Hello,

Without meaning to be disrespectful, you started from the very top with very expensive equipment.

Trial and error can cost a lot of money.

With that being said, I would like to ask what kind of custom cooling you have.

70 degrees is way too much for a 5960X running at 4.4ghz.

For instance, I am running 50-52 degrees at 4.4 core and 4.2 cache with two triple radiators and a D5 pump.

So, before making any suggestions about manual settings, we must see

why you have so high temperatures.

Please check that the waterblock is correctly positioned and firm on the cpu

without too much tightening to avoid damage to the socket pins.

Use good quality thermal paste and be sure to apply correctly.

Check that the whole waterloop does not have any air and the flow of water is not obstructed.

After all the above, set core voltage to 1.15Volts and run Cinebench R15 to see what temperatures you have.

Leave everything else on auto for the moment.

Report back and we will take it from there:)

Kind regards,

George

50-52 degrees under full load @ 4.4ghz? That's what you get? Also yes, I do have expensive components. Mainly because I saved up my money to purchase them. I've never owned an enthusiast class processor before and I wanted to at least once before I die.

I have a D5 pump/250 EK-XRes D5 pump/res combo, a Heatkiller IV Pro Anthracite full-nickel block, and a 480mm Alphacool Monsta Rad in push/pull with 3/8-ID x 1/2-OD rigid PETG tubing w/ Mayhems Pastel Red flowing through it as of now. I idle at 25-29x and full load at 3.5ghz I hit around 41-48c (some of the 8 cores are hotter than others).

Edited by vdelvec

I guess this is the temperature during Cinebench because it is impossible to achieve this temperature with custom water during Prime95 28.7 Blend or LinX with the latest linpack libraries.

In fact I'm currently testing another 5960x Batch# J520B.

Guest george.kokovinis
I guess this is the temperature during Cinebench because it is impossible to achieve this temperature with custom water during Prime95 28.7 Blend or LinX with the latest linpack libraries.

In fact I'm currently testing another 5960x Batch# J520B.

No, it is the temperature in repeated Asus Real bench sessions.

I do not use Prime at all.

Batch thread guys. Start another for oc help. ;)

I'm going to move my help request for overclocking my Core i7 5960X on my MSI Godlike Gaming motherboard to over here: http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=133282&page=11

If you would continue to help me out over there, I would be teh massively greatful.

And then, after I dial in some stable fun overclocks, I shall return here and post my findings for my 5960X batch# J520B350.

Although, I am hearing random good whispers that the J520Bxxx batches are pretty sweet consistent. So... it IS promising!

Edited by vdelvec
MAOR TEXTS N33D3D!!

• 2 weeks later...
Yay! I did it!

http://valid.x86.fr/nk0dmu

MSI Godlike Gaming BIOS 1.2B3 (1.23)

Intel Core i7 5960X, Batch# J520B350 (Malay)

4.4Ghz @ 1.20v

4.5Ghz @ 1.249v

4.6Ghz @ 1.25v

4.5Ghz Cache @ Auto

Watch yer voltages on auto settings.

Chances are IF you are stable at 45 cache at auto settings you will be stable at tested lower manual voltages. I'm just trying to help you save from frying your chip.

SS

Watch yer voltages on auto settings.

Chances are IF you are stable at 45 cache at auto settings you will be stable at tested lower manual voltages. I'm just trying to help you save from frying your chip.

SS

Hmmm, is auto cache voltage on the MSI Godlike bad?

Quick question, ive oc'ed everything ive ever owned, 5820k, FX9550 all gpu's etc. But ive never used LN2 and never checked a batch number. Now im building a new system with the 5960X and i can ask some shops for the batch numbers. But is that even worth it when not using LN2? I got 1x360 (75mm thick) & 2x240 (45mm) rads, with 7 fans, so cooling is fine. But the numbers on water seem to be pretty similar. Is it just that the heat will get too much over 4.4/5 ghz for any water loop?