HWBOT Community Forums

How do you insulate RAM for LN2?

Hi all

please share some pics and tips about DIMM insulation. I'm able to run it 1-1.5 hours and then game is over - random reboots, errors, 55 post code.

According to my experience it is better to avoid vaseline in empty slots and it is better to avoid Bostik/Blutaс for board insulation.

Do you use fans for this area ot let it be frozen? How to avoid short circuits?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

Guest barbonenet
Hi all

please share some pics and tips about DIMM insulation. I'm able to run it 1-1.5 hours and then game is over - random reboots, errors, 55 post code.

According to my experience it is better to avoid vaseline in empty slots and it is better to avoid Bostik/Blutaс for board insulation.

Do you use fans for this area ot let it be frozen? How to avoid short circuits?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

i only cover all mobo with PFTE Grease and over that white paper.......i can bench for 6-7h(and more) without problem;)

Guest Bullant

Yeah man quite often for me later in the session if I start to get code 55 it normally is because moisture in the memory slots,I normally shut down session.You mite find it was your aluminum foil setup,using a memory pot will be a lot cleaner setup,I also use vas on my board

I think from memory when it happens later in the session the 55 code comes on a reboots in loops or it can stay stuck on 55 as well,you'll love using a memory pot,just look into what each pot can or cant do and what your needs are from the pot,then make your choice