HWBOT Community Forums
devlos

HWbot prime and other os

Hello,

I have been running hwbot prime on the same machine but different os. Win 7 and OSX. OSX

gives me much better scores. ex 5800pps compared to windows 5200pps. Am I able to submit these results? The rules say linux with points disabled and any windows except Win 8.

This guy is using Win 8 and recieved points http://hwbot.org/submission/2577855_devroush_hwbot_prime_core_i5_4690k_5376.91_pps/ and ranking ahead of me?? Sorry but the question is : can I use Mac os to submit hwbot prime results for points?

Guest TheMadDutchDude

Not on topic but a lot of people seem to be using Windows 8. Uh ooh. The mods are going to be busy tonight. LOL.

Hello,

I have been running hwbot prime on the same machine but different os. Win 7 and OSX. OSX

gives me much better scores. ex 5800pps compared to windows 5200pps. Am I able to submit these results? The rules say linux with points disabled and any windows except Win 8.

This guy is using Win 8 and recieved points http://hwbot.org/submission/2577855_devroush_hwbot_prime_core_i5_4690k_5376.91_pps/ and ranking ahead of me?? Sorry but the question is : can I use Mac os to submit hwbot prime results for points?

The general rules state that you should only use Windows, but since this a benchmark focused on being multi-platform, you could use it on a Mac as well.

The only requirement would be to open the About this Mac window and, if possible, some 3rd party app to display some system/cpu information.

Is that official Genie?

No, but any reports would most likely be seen by me or CN and will do our best to be understanding of the situation.

Will check with Pieter for something official.

HWBOT Prime: Operating systems: Win Mac Linux Android iOS

Should be ok, I will double check with Pieter, he will answer (official) here tomorrow.

Edited by Christian Ney

For the time being, since we don't have proper benchmark regulation guidelines, please disable points for non-Windows/Android submissions. You can still submit to your profile for your own reference, but not for points.

Have anybody else done a same clock comparison between windows 7/Linux/OSX for this benchmark?

Im really thinking about doing one myself between windows 7 64bit and Ubuntu 64bit just because..... curiousity!

Im not touching anything OSX related, i get a rash,and my stomach gets the flue if i do :P

Edited by Nassuz1