HWBOT Community Forums

GTX480 1/2/3/4-Way: X58 mainboards

Massman

I would like to know, that have someone really bought UD9? In Finland 0 boards have been sold so far. Price is 517€, so I can see the reason there.

If that board is loosing some very valuable performance in 4-way, I can not see any reason to even test it. Buying one would be even more ridiculous.

UD9 sold like 10+ piece here. Not a problem with UD9 1.0 so far.

Problem is...RE3 sold much more, and people are very upset because the socket is Foxconn, not Lotes like on my sample (my RE3 sample that is), the RAM slots are some chinese stuff, not Lotes like on my sample, when they use a high pressure cooler they loose the RAM channels, which does not happen on my sample, and so on...

No, I didn't open a can of worms. All I'm saying is that I've been able to replicate a performance issue present on the UD9. It's an issue, which is proven by the fact that there are also normal runs out there: my 4G comparisons and the other comparison at 4.8G I showed few posts ago.

That's why I said I need to look into the problem to find the root of the issue.

That early sample board (UDP7 LOL) has already returned to Gigabyte. This is a full retail board. I can make a picture of the box if you want, hehe.

just humour me and flash to latest bios please

i dont have 4xGPUs to test this. are you able to replicate this issue with less GPUs?

what PSU are you running and is it a single or dual PSU setup? Have you got the molex plugged in?

i noticed a brief screen corruption before the hang....what do you make of that

clipboard01bb.jpg

I'll do it afterwards.

- issue not replicated with 1/2/3 GPUs

- dual PSU: 1x1000W for 3 cards, 1x 1000W for mainboard and gpu

- molex are plugged in

- screen corruption are memory artifacts

I have this slowdown crash with cards at stock as well. The CPU frequency was stable before (same session, same voltages ...).

No, I didn't open a can of worms. All I'm saying is that I've been able to replicate a performance issue present on the UD9. It's an issue, which is proven by the fact that there are also normal runs out there: my 4G comparisons and the other comparison at 4.8G I showed few posts ago.

That's why I said I need to look into the problem to find the root of the issue.

That early sample board (UDP7 LOL) has already returned to Gigabyte. This is a full retail board. I can make a picture of the box if you want, hehe.

Gotcha :) I really wish you had a classified 4-way to throw in the mix.

• 2 weeks later...