HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA 2011 Americas Online pre-selection thread.

Beaux Loy

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also using one power cable.

I'm having some issues with DDR3-2000 when the CPU frequency is above 4GHz. I am able to run 3800/2000/4000 and 4300/1950/4300, though, which is something you already have problems with, I guess.

Three screenshots:

200.png

1911.png

195-3.png

(sorry, missed memory tab there)

It's possible that the team for the UK was pre-selected, I'm not sure about that.

This kind of global events is quite a hassle to set up. Not only in terms of cost, but also in terms of organisation. So, mostly the HQ lets local offices know there will be a live final somewhere and then the local offices can decide whether they want to join. Sometimes the local office doesn't want to join at all, resulting in no competitors from a certain country. Sometimes they want to join, but don't have ANY resources whatsoever to set up a competition, in which case you might see a pre-selected team join the competition. Sometimes the local office has the time/resources to set up a small competition and there's pre-selections.

Obviously we're pushing as much as possible in the direction of pre-selections, but in the end there's always the financial problem. The best way to resolve that is work together with the local office to set up something. I know many local offices where the marketing people don't really understand how extreme overclocking works, so sometimes they need guidance in how to set up a cost-effective competition ;)

It's not the most appealing solution in terms of marketing exposure.

Europe consists of a lot of small countries, each having their own language and press. To maximize exposure in Europe, you need to have each country represented in the European final. I think for the European continent, a country-based pre-selection is the best choice. The more nationalities in a regional final, the better :).

It's not the most appealing solution in terms of marketing exposure.

Europe consists of a lot of small countries, each having their own language and press. To maximize exposure in Europe, you need to have each country represented in the European final. I think for the European continent, a country-based pre-selection is the best choice. The more nationalities in a regional final, the better :).

=P

It should be the same here=( The competition would get way more "globalized"

How should this be? They felt left out 95% of Latin America.

Anyway 95% of LA still left, no because poor countries or lack of resources to invest in hardware, we are excluded becuase the Hardware Avaibility is crap (Low stock and no variety)

heheh i burned 1 655K and i3 560, and there is no way to find another 1 of this, only i3 530 crap :(.

Same for Xpower and other motherboard, im lucky i have 1 5870 and 480 lightnings to have a Chance.

Next Time MSI should considerer the specific conditions of Latin America Market.

You can only go to some extend to make the competition more fair to less fortunate countries, but you need to keep in mind that this is an extreme overclocking competition where the final rounds will be featuring the latest and greatest high-end hardware. I know it's a pity that sometimes hardware to qualify isn't available or really expensive as well as the liquid nitrogen, but ... I don't think it's a good idea to leave pre-qualifiers open without extreme cooling required. It's nice to see one or two relative newcomers at competitions like this, but neither MSI nor Gigabyte (for GOOC) wants a final filled with people who have limited LN2 experience.

Besides, I think MSI did a very good job switching from a must-play qualifier set-up (where overclockers were FORCED to play with a specific type of hardware) and open it up to a 5-stage-choose-your-battle kind of competition where you can qualify in 5 difference ways.