HWBOT Community Forums

Dual graphics rules?

Hello gents, what are the rules for Trinity and Richland dual graphics? AMD abandoned the Llano numbering scheme (e.g, 6690D2), but now instead I see people making submissions for individual GPUs (like 8670D or 6670) with dual graphics enabled using Trinity or Richland iGPUs. I searched the forum but couldn't find info. Shouldn't there be a separate GPU entry for each major category of dual graphics, since enabling it changes core config and speed significantly for DX10/11? So for example, maybe a GPU page for "HD 6670 + 8670D (Richland)"? Thanks any staff for clarifying.

I've always been taking the most powerful graphics card of the two and putting that as a crossfire submission. For example in my laptop I have a 7660G and a 7670M.

The 7670M is much more powerful so when I ran them both together in crossfire I submitted the score as a 7670M x2 (i.e. in crossfire)

I think that keeps it fair for everyone then because I'm not really gaining anything by running the 7670M with a slower card.

Yes, Ive done that ...and so you fix the problem, or the wrong entrys....youre so fast..thanks

In my case it was 3dmarks with the 6620g gpu, and I found out a few of those high score entrys had like 5-7K higher score than us guys without dualgraphics onboard, easy to see what was going on...

cheers

Thanks everyone, Genieben in particular, for clarifying. Is there somewhere on the site that is posted? There must be, right, and I'm just an idiot because I couldn't find it?

Not sure, it always was one of those unwritten rules I guess.

Will propose to add it to the General Benchmark Rules anyway.