HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2014 thread.

Massman

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Aussie' and others who participated.France was a real delight for us,especially in the spi32m stage,i am sorry that i couldn't do more for my country this year, i broke my cpu exactly 1 month before competition start,it would've been helpfull for the ice storm stage.

I like this kind of competitions,which involve a lot of people and team spirit,i only wish in the future to be more fun and less sandbaging.

It's a competition that last's 2 months you shoudn't submit only in the last days.

Nevertheless to the competition organizers - please don't make the same mistake to next CC ,like you did this year,having the same benchmark in 3 stages. In rest i have nothing to object,crongrats.

Well done everyone that subbed a score this year and thanks Hwbot for a fun comp was certainly some tense moments in several stages.

Great Effort from our Ozzy lads. Great community and good benchers from Rookie all the way to the Pro's had us in with a good chance to do 2 years in a row well done guys :celebration:

LETS MAKE IT 3

I sense some negativity around here...

Yeah its a bit of a shame really. Some people are unhappy no matter what, and will always spend a lot of time and energy complaining / criticising instead of getting on and doing something about it. I guess this is just human nature in action!!!

Anyway - thanks for the competition HWBOT. It was very intense and a lot of fun. It certainly got the Australian community very mobilised and focused, and it was great to see new guys stepping up and contributing to our results - even on air / water / ice etc!! The low clock challenge and enthusiast stages were a really good idea - and gave plenty of space for others to contribute to the cause.

Tops off a great year of competitions and events - love ya work!!!!

Awesome stuff guys!

We're also taking notes for next year. How did you guys like the 24h stage?

Not to speak bad of it, but that stage give us nightmares X_X. We didn't even got a single score on that platform until the last 15 minutes, since we was still trying to get better vishera pi stage beforehand. We didn't do any remount, and just use the last setup and install GPUs. I Guess condensation from previous session make the system behave erratically.

But well, the stage is fun in its own way, nice to have variations in the competition mechanics :D

Awesome stuff guys!

We're also taking notes for next year. How did you guys like the 24h stage?

My 2 cent : 24h is too short.

That's what happened to us :

No french overclocker had CPU + MB + VGA for this round. So I gave my motherboard to Strategos San 2-3 days before the last stage, and He had to bench for country cup last stage.

Hardware was OK, but when stage started, 290x died in a minute....

Some guys has 290x, but NO FX

Some guys has FX but NO AMD vga...

Strategos San home is 500km far from mine, in 24h we can't plan anything.

In 24h we can't buy hardware (delivery is too long and no shop on the street for this kind of hardware, only online shop).

The only solution we find was to ask Dane to come to my place with his motherboard, and to use my 280x... but 280x is not good enough to compete, and no time to used it under cold. We tried to mount pot 30 minutes before the end, with no insulation, but it was to wet, and VGA stopped working after 5 minutes... Anyway it was already too late.

fortunately we still managed to be 2nd at the end, BUT if we lose Country cup due to 24h stage (no hardware = no score = out) we will be pissed off.... We all spend a lot of money/time to do our best. It will be unfair to lose this way

If you still want "24h round", it could be possible BUT try to choose common hardware ( for exemple intel cpu.... I love AMD, but no one used it... so if you have trouble and only 24h you are f**k up.

We have family life / job.... 24h is too short. It could be really nice if you are "free", but if you have to take day off or cancel travel for benching :( . I asked strategos San to do last round without me, I had already spent too much time doing overclocking for this CC (not good for son / wife). And at the end I had to tell my wife she had to go without me cause we had trouble on last stage.

Otherwise it was a nice CC, low clock , rookie, 3d, 2d :D

Number of stage/ submission was also good

]

LN2 + Bining = win big countries ... hit & run ........... no tweaks ... no big skills

This is wrong on so many levels... bench more, talk less.

I have only been involved in this Country Cup as a mentor so I didn't watch it that close. But from what I have seen, Australia, France and Indonesia did a really good job and really put in a lot of effort. You have my congratulations gentlemen!

With 99% of the scores on ambient cooling, the Romanian boys did a pretty awesome job snatching 4th place and they should be proud. However, there is much to be improved, starting from tweaking details, to not making silly mistakes and in the end to attitude. The effort put in this year was good, but it can be better.

Regarding rules and HWBot, I say that playing with the same rules is fair for everybody. Though I must admit I don't like XTU and I also don't like seeing no other 3D but 3DMark... The rules were interesting this year but the last stage for instance could have been a 2k1 with some cap in Nature or Dragothic or something like that.

All in all, it was an interesting experience even from the side of the battlefield...

we really liked . but the small number of overclockers and lack of top-end hardware is not allowed to rise above.

secret stage - a very good idea. do not need to do it longer than 24 hours. so chances are equalized . we had despite the fact that there was a working day.