HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2014 thread.

Massman

Yes Lucky.

@Newlife: prepare the strongest system and go as hard as possible in the benchmark within 24h. The idea is NOT that people can buy the system, the idea is that people prepare the system and then push for the best score.

Good to hear but would've been good to know sooner

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, most of our results are on air or water, so we we are still behind most of the people.

@suzuki: lol.

Some of your air/water result are still better than what we have on LN2 right now, i can assure you :D (and you already got all 10 submission done)

We're still troubleshooting some stuff now, and will probably be still benching pi until the last day, really stressed out x_x

i don't wont to sandbag or be a dick.

but ar the xeon now alowed or not?

if its alowed now i whil do a rerun whit my xeon x5690

sorry Germany ( QAI ) the xeon x5650 is not a gulftown core but a westmere-ep.

the database use wrong core name

btw nice score QAI for your xeon x5650

Edited by skulstation

Thank you Skullstation. I received a message from my Team Captain. He asked the moderators and got this in response:

At last, it's ok now. We made an exception, because no Xeon should have been allowed since they are all Westemere.

We will fix that in the DB after the competition. For now we move the CPU to gulftown so your team member can submit

This was the reason I submitted this result. There was another Westmere already in the competition, I think a Westmere-WS W3670, and since it is all the same core anyways it should be okay.

Edited by Apfelkuchen

Thank you Skullstation. I received a message from my Team Captain. He asked the moderators and got this in response:

This was the reason I submitted this result. There was another Westmere already in the competition, I think a Westmere-WS W3670, and since it is all the same core anyways it should be okay.

so if i am understanding it corect.

the databadse was modded to alow the xeon cpu.

whil this happen for all the xeon cpu's?

my xeon x5690 is screaming for some more 5g action :)

Edited by skulstation

Honestly now,from all the benchmarks we have, was it necessary to make 3 stages from the same benchmark ?

It feels like benching catzilla 570 p,720p,1080 p or whatever resolutions they have,maybe next CC will be like this.

Spi32m was the only one important,and worthy of a Country Cup and maybe Ice storm,because it had special requirements.

Xtu a stupid benchmark,limited on a few generations of cpu and only intel ,FSU and sky diver,c'mon ???

Futermark Cup 2015. :)

I have a feeling that superpi won't be included in next year's Country Cup (or Futermark Cup)...

will be ... but only 16k =))

Honestly now,from all the benchmarks we have, was it necessary to make 3 stages from the same benchmark ?

LN2 + Bining = win big countries ... hit & run ........... no tweaks ... no big skills

TIK TOK TIK TOK.

9 hours to go and stil not alowed to submid whit my xeon x5690

a 7 minut submission lost for Belgium if this cpu whil not be alowed.

Sorry for the other whit cpu's thad ar moded in the database to gulftown.

If my westmere-ep is not alowed, non westmere-ep is alowed or modded to gulstown in the database!

NOT SANDBAGING OR A DICK,JUST MY OPINION !