HWBOT Community Forums

MSI H55M-ED55 Clarkdale IGP Overclocking (VOLTMOD and VIDEO inside)

Massman

Any other boards that are going to be used for the IGP contest? If yes, please let me know what models and I'll try to push MSI for providing more extreme bioses :D

did ovp kick in with higher voltage on igpu?

please ask for h57m-3d65 competition bios :D...or should i say extreme bios :D

thanks boss

please ask for the H55M-E33!!! (the only H55 from MSI available in Brazil)

Vcore, IGP, and unlocked memory ratio (the most recent BIOS has ratio 5 as maximum).

If not possible a bios, at least the vcore and ocp mods (OVP if it exists) (at least original values and the resistors), the igp and vtt has the same controllers that you've already posted so it's not completely necessary.

Thanks Massman!!

Edited by gnidaol

Gnidaol, do the homework too by your own, in my case i have to find OCP + Vcore mod + CBB mod on my P55-GD65 for join by my self, Just search on internet the IC numbers near to CPU PWM, and then search for the FB Pin, measure the resistance between this and GND and then add a VRM acording to the formula or add a vrm 10x Bigger than default

Gnidaol, do the homework too by your own, in my case i have to find OCP + Vcore mod + CBB mod on my P55-GD65 for join by my self, Just search on internet the IC numbers near to CPU PWM, and then search for the FB Pin, measure the resistance between this and GND and then add a VRM acording to the formula or add a vrm 10x Bigger than default

Thanks! I already did that too...

Just failed at ocp.. damn small pins to solder, even the vcore, I scratched the board to solder somewhere else than that F pin.. damn small pin :( but its really hard to solder without any spot... anyway... spend my day completely on that.. And really hard to follow the line, it goes back front back without any resistor :( anyway it worked...

This week I'll test it (without ocp anyway) hoping to get good results otherwise I'll have to do it all over again in a different way...

But a good bios for every body should be the rule.. for example, I think that's kinda unfair to use an afterburner with max vcore at +200mv at the same competition that people uses extreme versions unavailable for download... Anyway I know that's part of the game... At least I think that the hardest score to come is the one that's gonna be the best rewarded... So I keep having fun overclocking and benching, things that I love to do.

well drunk talk. almost 5am. time to go to bed xD

As expected, the Vaxg has an extremely strict OVP. Max I can run is 1.53V with the highest voltage set in the bios (1.448V). So, we'll need the OVP as well.

The easiest way would, however, be a bios that allows us to set ALL VID settings for the igp ...

Massman, please see if it's possible for msi the bios with the IGP voltage as the one you've got and also unlocked memory ratio (latest beta I found in msi's German forum (I guess) has that feature already) for H55M-E33.

Fought hard but done the vcore at the different controler (pin 6 is FB and pin 10 IMAX on E33), but this strict ovp on igp is really tough... +0,016v after a hard soldering time is really sad...

I'll try the best without it, but again: kinda hard to compete with 1.53v against up to 2v...

If there's any other way to break this protection please let us know.

Thanks for everything! I Already learned a lot in this competition :)

... and the quest goes on!

After a message from Chew* who mentioned he had the exact same issue on the H57 board, I had to re-test this behavior on a different branded mainboard: GIGABYTE H55M-UD2H. This is my first ever H55 mainboard ... nostalgia FTW!

To make a long story short, I recreated the problem on the GBT board: 180MHz 2:10 made the screen go bezerk. However, this was after setting the same frequencies I used on the MSI board ... in my first couple of runs, I went over 185MHz 2:10 smoothly. So, something else than the memory is bottlenecking the system. For now, it looks like the QPI has something to do with it ... but it's definitly not linear. Lowering the QPI multiplier 1 setting does not magically solve this issue; the 180MHz limitation is still there.

Conducting further research ...

806.png

1004.png

W00t! Found a new bios in my mail ... 2.081V Vaxg (IGP):D

Just flashed it ... works fine just stock. Hooking up the single stage tonight to see the effect :).

Download link: LINK

Be careful!

Any idea why this isn't showing up on my flash drive when i got into the bios Mflash? I put it on the same stick that i used to flash the 1.5 without a problem. Is it because i have the H55-GD65 board?