HWBOT Community Forums

GPUPI - SuperPI on the GPU

_mat_

16 hours ago, cbjaust said:

Still crashes, I've uploaded two traces from the Problem Steps Recorder, one showing it crashing with hwinfo enabled and one attempting to save the result after a run. Cheers

gpu_hwinfo_crash.zip

Just disable HWinfo, there is a drop-down menu for that in the run window of GPUpi. It's legal for HWBot submissions.

Thank you for the detailed report, much appreciated.

These seem to be two unrelated errors. HWiNFO is not compatible with this system/platform, you can try "Safe Mode" though before disabling it.
The second problem is related to the gathering of various system information (mostly WMI) and/or result encryption. It's somehow related to these old sockets, another user had the same problem with an old Athlon 64 system as well. I will look into it, hope I still have test hardware here.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I tried my socket 478 system again for Team Cup DDR Stage 3 and this time I tried 3.1.1 but it has the same issues with crashing on the HWINFO.dll module when starting the benchmark. So I deleted HWINFO.dll and the bench ran fine but at the end it had the same crash as 3.2 on module "StackHash_0a9e".

I also tried 3.2 again but trying to save still crashed with the "StackHash_0a9e" module.

Help!

Cheers

Edit: 2.3.4 works just fine, result file attached.

cbjaust_GPUPI_for CPU_100M_12m-49.578s.result

Edited by cbjaust
add 2.3.4 result file

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this is the place to come, however I've made a score using GPUPI3.2 using the new OpenCL2.1.  Made the score saved the datafile, now however when I try to upload the score to HWbot I get "Invalid Data file : Unable to decrypt the datafile"  any ideas what the cause is?  Or if it can be sorted so I can upload the score?

Thanks

Nevermind, uploaded, must have selected the wrong benchmark perhaps

Edited by Matt26LFC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Do I see this right and amd does not offer standalone open cl sdk anymore and do I also see this right that Intel excludes a big number of countries that do not kiss usa ass like sadly my country does and therefore a lot of people of the community are at least in theory excluded from using this benchmark legally? I really hope I am wrong ...

AMD has no official links for its APP SDK, that's true. I will upload them to overclockers.at for better availability.

As for Intel OpenCL runtime I have no clue what you are talking about. You are from Germany, right?
Here is the latest Intel OpenCL runtime: https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/forms/?productid=3207

Edited by _mat_
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

I am talking about the fact I have to create an account and that open cl is on the random usa sanction list

This software is subject to the U.S. Export Administration Regulations and other U.S. law, and may not be exported or re-exported to certain countries ( Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, and the Crimea region of Ukraine) or to persons or entities prohibited from receiving U.S. exports (including Denied Parties, Specially Designated Nationals, and entities on the Bureau of Export Administration Entity List or involved with missile technology or nuclear, chemical or biological weapons).

• 3 weeks later...

Mike did you tried a custom curve in MSI AB ? Try moving the points in the curve closer or in a straight line to where your max clocks target is. That is all i have done for my runs on gpupi using 2080Ti. Also max performance selected in the nvidia driver and in windows. 

Edited by chispy

To anyone wondering why GPUPI is currently crashing with the W-3175X: I am working with Intel to fix the problem. No CPU sample of course, but they get me in touch with the benchmark guys. I sincerely hope that they deliver so GPUPI can help to prove the true value of this overpriced chip. ?