HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT OC Challenge November 2010 thread.

SteveRo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Massman, have you run pcmv against many single cores?

Its a very tough bench for those little guys.

I have never run PCMark Vantage in my life ... so this challenge will be the first time :D

The more stress is put on the CPU, the better. I like tough benchmarks.

Mr Massman, Question sir -

Cpu-z showing mainboard?

Most of us have not been doing this.

Many previous benches will not be legal to submit for this competition if you require this.

Just wanted to make sure you knew.

That's okay. The competition is mainly to motivate people to bench something new, it's not to get people to submit old results.

Can a valid futurmark link be supplied in place of the subscores in the screenshot?

No, subtest scores must be in the screenshot.

It's like it is in normal HWBOT: you're allowed to unlock cores and play in a 'higher' league, but you're not allowed to disable cores to play in a 'lower' league. So: unlocking 2 to 4 is allowed (playing in 4), but disabling 6 to 1 is not allowed (you'll still be playing in 6-core league).

Hyperthreading is a feature, so of course you can enable it for the 4-core category.

I guess the problem is with core count getting more and more blurred. HT is an investment in die area that does not increase core count but increases performance. Next gen AMD CPUs have something opposite - decrease of die area (per 2 cores) enabling higher core counts. Core count based rankings will be even more Intel-biased then, unless we count bulldozer modules as cores (which is wrong) or logical cores as cores (which is also wrong) or base our rankings on thread count instead of core count (which will unleash a storm of whining and outrage).

Mr Massman, Question sir -

Cpu-z showing mainboard?

Most of us have not been doing this.

Many previous benches will not be legal to submit for this competition if you require this.

Just wanted to make sure you knew.

That's okay.

Does this mean that we dont need the mainboard tab from previous benchmarks to enter this competition ?

It's like it is in normal HWBOT: you're allowed to unlock cores and play in a 'higher' league, but you're not allowed to disable cores to play in a 'lower' league. So: unlocking 2 to 4 is allowed (playing in 4), but disabling 6 to 1 is not allowed (you'll still be playing in 6-core league).

Hyperthreading is a feature, so of course you can enable it for the 4-core category.

i can not submit Phenom II 710 with 4-core unlocked on 4-core category

the error message: "Use 4 processor core(s) in total" :(