HWBOT Community Forums

ASUS Power Card

elmor

Now I will try to put these baby on GTX 295 PCB

attachment.php?attachmentid=2689&stc=1&d=1421603528

Guide is great ;)

I find a mistake :

"For example, if the current applied voltage is 1.200 V and the +200 mV switch is changed to the ON position, the output voltage will immediately become 1.300 V."

I don't understand : K. Remote voltage sense inputs *NYI

What is this ?

And don't understand why there is 6 channel for hotwire ? even if you said to use 1 and 4, why 4 channel ?

Looking forward to see the results! All is still experimental so you're bound to find some bugs and instruction typos, that's what you guys are here to help with.

The remote sense inputs are for displaying a more accurate output voltage on the power card. By default the output voltage is measured at the designated contact points at the front of the card, but because of the high current flowing through the wires to the GPU the actual input voltage will be difference because of droop during load. The most accurate reading will be from the decoupling capacitors (MLCC) at the back of the GPU, so just solder a wire from the positive remote sense input to the positive (GPU Voltage) side of the capacitor and the negative input to the negative side (Ground). If there's a voltage on this input it will automatically be used for reporting rather than the on-board sense.

The Hotwire connectors (six in total, three at the top and three at the bottom) are supposed to help you adjust the voltage of auxillary VRMs (think on-board memory and PLL). Hotwire channels 1 & 4 come with increased ranges and each step causes a bigger change, typically suited for a GPU VRM or similar. In the end which channel will fit best depends on the specific VRM design and the resistor values used in its feedback loop. One step could be just a few millivolts on one design and several hundreds on another. I'd say you should try with channel 2,3,5 or 6 first and if the change is too small switch to channel 1 or 4. I'll update the instructions with more clear information.

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to get a hold of a power min card, mines come with three wires soldered to the right most end of the pcb

vm2cgja.jpg

Now i understand that i solder the left most side over the chokes im replacing like an epower mod, but is the right most side where i input power from psu? Is it best just to solder on a fan connector like this one?

h1hAzWV.jpg

TL posted this guide on control here

IMG_20141013_132501_zpse331f052.jpg~original

Edited by zeropluszero

Managed to get a hold of a power min card, mines come with three wires soldered to the right most end of the pcb

Now i understand that i solder the left most side over the chokes im replacing like an epower mod, but is the right most side where i input power from psu? Is it best just to solder on a fan connector like this one?

TL posted this guide on control here

That's correct. You need to supply +12V and +5V from the PSU in some way, easiest to use a standard Molex or floppy connector (in the picture you supplied).

• 2 weeks later...
I completely understand and I totally appreciate you sharing it with us. Just sometimes it's frustrating just starting out and you see all these amazing devices and they are very hard to get a hold of especially as a beginner. It's still awesome to see though. Thanks for sharing.

Its okay some people that have been around for quite awhile cant seem to get them either :P

• 3 weeks later...
E-Power is still retail, OOS now but was in stock last month when I checked.

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=100-UC-0400-BR

I have been checking for months and its been OOS

can't even find it on the website anymore. I think it got remeoved, its in EU website

anyone got some schematics for one of these things? I can make one easier than I can track one down...

Edited by Random

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

for me this design works great and voltage control, stabillity and most IMPORTANT (for me) monitoring , mosfets temp in praticular output currents make this OC tool great:)

HD7970 reference and APower on phase change cooling..made by me!

to power gDDR i used 8800gtx vrm ..make by me dual output power card ( 4x2 phase) , no asus power card mini here..

DC ampers to watts say P(w) = I(a) xV(v) , 265A x 1.53V = 405W only gpu

70*C mesured by internal sensor on power board mosfets was when i removed fan to make this pic , so with fan was low than 60*C ( think 57* )

uniginex_1590mhz_ss_3inu2i.jpg

imag0822customteucw.jpg

imag0826customyru4e.jpg

imag0923custom38uhm.jpg

imag0925customqzu0g.jpg

imag0921j7s6f.jpg

Edited by nachtfalke
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...