HWBOT Community Forums

The official GIGABYTE Z97 - X99 BIG XTU Challenge thread.

stubass

what to do if you have a xtu score whit -- for the temperature and a 0 for the Ghz?

its a clean instal of win 7 whit sp1

i am not alowed to submit becos of this.

* The CPU load temperature must be higher than 25°C - your submission is incomplete.

edit:

i trayd 3 windows and 2 bios versions stil the same -- and 0 for temp and cpu speed :(

Edited by skulstation

So to clarify, we are only trying to reach the targets. One of the two targets will be the real target, but scores in between don't really matter? Only hitting the target or closes to the target without going over/under is what matters?

what to do if you have a xtu score whit -- for the temperature and a 0 for the Ghz?

its a clean instal of win 7 whit sp1

i am not alowed to submit becos of this.

* The CPU load temperature must be higher than 25°C - your submission is incomplete.

edit:

i trayd 3 windows and 2 bios versions stil the same -- and 0 for temp and cpu speed :(

Use English version of windows or ask dancop. It seems he had this same issue and I think i remember something about him switching to an english version fixed it.

So to clarify, we are only trying to reach the targets. One of the two targets will be the real target, but scores in between don't really matter? Only hitting the target or closes to the target without going over/under is what matters?

I will bold this so others can see

The rule is to submit as much as possible between the shown range. The target is secret and will be revealed only after the submissions are closed for each stage. What we have provided for you is the range (so the target score for current stage is between 300-340 points for example, it might be 301 or 315 or whatever, we will reveal that at end of the stage). If you hit the target you get a point. So if you submit 2 scores only for a stage and range is for 40 points difference, you have a 2/40 chance of hitting the target score. Therefore, all the subs matter for each stage.

I have preset all the ranges and targets before competition started if you were wondering.

Edited by dinos22

Thats a much better explanation than what the rules state.

Got more questions and a bit of criticism.

1. The actual winning target is kept secret until after the submission period.

2. The participants who reached that secret target cumulate a point.

3. The participant with the most point at the end wins the stage.

4. Tie breakers are decided by looking at submissions time, if two participants hit the same target starting from the earliest target) the one with the earliest submission wins.

1-The winning target is not really kept secret. Once someone has reached the target, it shows that they have hit it. The image below shows this.

2-Does this mean that everyone that hit the "secret" target will receive one point. As of now, it looks like 3 of us will receive 1 point for the 2 core stage.

4-If we continue to hit the secret target from every stage until the end. Will the winner be the person who hit the target first for stage 1? If the trend continues until the end, it looks like Paulie_AU was the first to hit 339.

HfJQsHT.jpg

Use English version of windows or ask dancop. It seems he had this same issue and I think i remember something about him switching to an english version fixed it.

i have used 3 english versions 2 whit sp1 and one whit out sp1, and all have the same situation.even whit upping the multi by one above stock gave me -- for the temps and 0 for cpu speed.

i am letting this comp go, good luck to the rest.

• Crew
i have used 3 english versions 2 whit sp1 and one whit out sp1, and all have the same situation.even whit upping the multi by one above stock gave me -- for the temps and 0 for cpu speed.

i am letting this comp go, good luck to the rest.

I have exactly the same problem.

Two different systems with different Windows Installations, one Asus Z87 Impact for my daily rig and one Gigabyte Z97 as my bench rig give all 0 Ghz and -- Highest CPU Temp. Also latest XTU from Intel website.

edit:

Reinstalled XTU: no change

Updated Bios on Asus to 1603: no change

Used Bios F7e on Gigabyte: no change

Tried ME 9.5: no change

Seems Im lost...

edit2:

Tried new Win7 Sp1 installation without any updates or drivers. Just XTU 5.1.1.25. Again no change.

Has this something to do with Watchdog?

I got:

Watchdog Present: true

Running at Boot: False

Failed: False

Edited by Strunkenbold

I have exactly the same problem.

Two different systems with different Windows Installations, one Asus Z87 Impact for my daily rig and one Gigabyte Z97 as my bench rig give all 0 Ghz and -- Highest CPU Temp. Also latest XTU from Intel website.

edit:

Reinstalled XTU: no change

Updated Bios on Asus to 1603: no change

Used Bios F7e on Gigabyte: no change

Tried ME 9.5: no change

Seems Im lost...

edit2:

Tried new Win7 Sp1 installation without any updates or drivers. Just XTU 5.1.1.25. Again no change.

Has this something to do with Watchdog?

I got:

Watchdog Present: true

Running at Boot: False

Failed: False

Xtu is one of those benches that are a real pia to even get working. I couldn't get it working for over a year from laziness of not figuring out why. In the end for me, it was due to my "base" os being stock win7. Iirc, it needed some random ms updates to get working. That's on top of upto date intel management drivers. So give a fully updated windows is a shot.

Yeah, I'm not sure either. My daily gaming pc had no issues running it, on fully patched Win7 64bit Ultimate.

My base bench os, was Win7 sp1 enterprise, wouldn't work. Eventually got it working somehow, imaged right away at that point for a new base os.

But yeah, for most of 2014 I did no XTU because it just wouldn't run at all for me.

switching to english language solved also for me the temp issue with uploading the xtu file. thanks for the tip Mike.

but the rules still confusing me sorry. so you have to reach an exact target score which is secret until you dont hit it, so basically we just blind shooting the scores within the range and hope you will hit the bulls eye? what is the tweak in that?

Edited by Achill3uS

• Crew
Switch to English version of Windows will resolve the temperature issue. IIRC Dancop posted this a month ago for the ROG competition.

Got it working on my rigs, no need to install the english version just change under Region and Language, the Format to English (USA).

For german users:

Systemsteuerung/Zeit, Sprache und Region/Region und Sprache/Datum, Uhrzeit oder Zahlenformat ändern/Format: Englisch (USA)