HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2015 - SC1: CPU Challenge thread.

• Crew

It finally arrived!

There are some nice ideas for the stages. Though seems like much is getting recycled. Like the Realbench Stage. Isnt that a GPU stage anyway? Or K6 stages (though I have to say that I like that) or didnt we had VIA already with superpi(32m) last year?

AGP 3DMark03 was already Country Cup 2013. Though no real critism, just some thoughts.

The constant reloading with the loading indicator and overlay on e-sports site is very annoying.

+1

Does it have to block the whole page while reloading? And why does reloading that so long anyway? It sometimes loads up to 10 seconds and when it finished it reloads again. OC eFail site strikes back again.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we talk about how unbelievably difficult it is to get simple information on the Esports Site?

is it really that hard to put up the old competition pages view from the previous years?

http://hwbot.org/competition/team_cup_2013/ for example is so much more easy to navigate simple information, such as current leaders, individual stages, prizes...

I'm sure the hwbot administration all love the changes made in the name of "innovation" but this site is an eyesore and I'm sure I'm not the only one that would appreciate the information ported into the old interface from 2013 for ease of reading.

So much simpler to open a stage at http://hwbot.org/competition/team_cup_2013_sc1/ view all the top scores on the right side, which link directly to submissions.

We had this changed for Country Cup 2014 (see here) and this made it much easier.

Small typo in stage 2? SuperPI 1M 40486 (should be 80486?)

I could be wrong, just thought I'd ask, anyway :)

Correcto. Thanks for the feedback!

The constant reloading with the loading indicator and overlay on e-sports site is very annoying.

Can you do it in a non-obtrusive way?

Like small indicator on top of the page without overlay?

Let me check that. I noticed the increasing refresh too; before it was a lot better.

It's not supposed to do this, is what I'm trying to say :)

I'm a little confused on the start date... its says opens July 15, but details and overview won't be out until Aug 1? Are we able to submit scores for July 15 or no?

Starting date is today, you can submit in all stages.

On August 1st we'll publish the official announcement detailing the start and end date of all the stages. The end date is different for ALL stages.

So you can see this as an advantage for the hardcore HWBOT F5'ers :D

It doesn't state that clearly anywhere though so how are we to know what opens when?

As far as I was concerened it looked like everything was meant to be open on the 15th.

Agree.

Even, you can access to the submit option from the main page but after fill out all info, the system show you that open day is 18th.

Can we move the Team Cup back to the old style pages at HWBOt instead of the OC sports crap.

It's neverending updates and everytime I click on a person who has submitted's profile I get errors.

Surely it has been said enough times that it is crap to work with, that you would listen to the community and go back to the preferred format??????