HWBOT Community Forums

The official Old School is Best School Round 2 thread.

Marquzz

• 4 weeks later...

I think Stage 1 is limited to Slot 1 processors, making the adapter illegal since you would be using a Socket 370 processor. Stage 2 you could use it, only limited to Pentium 3 processors.

My question is about Stage 2 though, are only x800 graphics cards allowed or all x8xx cards allowed (x850, etc)?

I think Stage 1 is limited to Slot 1 processors, making the adapter illegal since you would be using a Socket 370 processor.

Since stage 1 is reference clock, I don't think it matters if you use a slocket, since it's mostly about the board.

1, 2. The limitation is to Slot1 processors (not motherboards). The list of applicable CPUs is here.

3. X800 series graphics cards include all the cards in this list.1,

It is clear, you must remove fgi`s result with adpter. So what about Tualatin?

1, 2. The limitation is to Slot1 processors (not motherboards). The list of applicable CPUs is here.

3. X800 series graphics cards include all the cards in this list.

I agree on nr1,2 as that seems logic, but are you sure about nr3 looking at what websmile posted earlier?

This will have to be discussed, you get an update later - on question 3, X800 is not X850, otherwise there would be x8xx. Anyway, we will give headsup soon

• Administrators

CN is head of moderation Team, when he confirms X800 series includes X8xx/X850 cards, rely on this :) - I was cautious at my first answer to avoid people buying x850 and then be disappointed if it would have been not useful for this stage

Edited by websmile

• 3 weeks later...