HWBOT Community Forums

The official Zonianos's GPUPI - 1B user challenge - Apr 15, 2015 until May 15, 2015 thread.

GtiJason

Hey Zonianos, thanks for the challenge I have not been in one before since I've really only started overclocking for the "MSI Beat the Fastest Comp". Good luck buddy I see that 36s375ms is the opening target. This seems like a good way to make each of us better, we should invite a few others? Your challenge your call See ya

Just got the drivers and I will try to figure out where to get opencl version. My card is fully maxed out at 1721mhz for gpu pi. I cant even run gpu-z render test without a driver crash. My memory can keep going but it helps little to none on this test. We should try to find time to steal the GpuPi-1B Gold as it seems we have some of the better 970s on HWBot, but #1's time is like 43 minutes. Thats a lot of abuse, but I might try at 1700mhz

it seems you have a better card than me. I have the stock bios. do you use custom bios ? Gpu-pi produces false result after pushing the card over 1704 mhz. My previus card was a 290x superclocked and watercooled. but its dead now and i dont want to use custom bios to my new 970 right out of the box

yeah I moddified the bios because the card was garbage when I got it. First It had that Boost problem and would crash immediatly on and legacy benchmark, Also if I had even a +50 core OCmemory could not be clocked above stock. So basically I had a card that could barely hit 1500mhz with stock clocks on the memory.I modded it to be more like the power band of the Zotac Extreme card and have higher voltage earlier. I also took the whole thing apart and cleaned all the slime off the memory chips and added a couple tiny heatsinks. I removed the power limit completely by covering the 2 shunt resistors by the 6 and 8 pin power connectors with Coollabratories Liquid Ultra.

I would say that right now my card is a little better but only because of the mods...you are getting crazy good scores and I wasn't even sure I could break the 34 sec mark. I bet your card can hit 1750+ core under water. like I said the highest I got was 1721 last night and it was over I kept having to close gpu pi to open AfterBurner and lower my OC. Have you noticed any difference in scores when changing the priority of GpuPi to RealTime or High. Didn't seem to do much for me but messing with the batch and reduction did a little