HWBOT Community Forums

changing Threads

ok let see if i can explain this

for example HWBot Prime scores by cores and i have a score of 6000 that a score of 1000 for each core , am i right so far

so say i go into my Bios and change my cores to 2 cores and my score is 3400 thats 1700 for each core and the two cores is scoring better right

so how am i suppose to summit a score with a 2 core for a 6core cpu , im lost i never did this

ok let see if i can explain this

for example HWBot Prime scores by cores and i have a score of 6000 that a score of 1000 for each core , am i right so far

so say i go into my Bios and change my cores to 2 cores and my score is 3400 thats 1700 for each core and the two cores is scoring better right

so how am i suppose to summit a score with a 2 core for a 6core cpu , im lost i never did this

I'm hoping I can explain it well enough myself.

OK - With benchies that can/do utilize each individual core such as Cinebench, WPrime and the like, down coring (Switching off cores) isn't allowed since each core in use affects the results of the bench.

It's done that way to avoid issues (Cheating) with folks trying to sneak in a better model core/chip by passing it off as a lesser model with less cores.

For benchies such as Super PI, the number of cores makes no difference and has no impact on the results so you'll see folks switching off cores with that bench for example.

As you probrably know AMD AM3 chips are the ones that tend to unlock so increasing the number of cores (Upcoring) based on chip model is actually OK.

I've done that with a few including a 555BE ran as a quad core, my 960T Zosma ran as both a 5 and 6 cored chip but again, it's illegal to run it with less than 4 cores (Downcored) unless the results based on core count won't be affected.

The stock number of cores for the chip as it was sold is the standard related to this.

You can always unlock it and run it that way but with Cinebench being the example here, you cannot run it with less than the stock number of cores your chip is spec'ed for. If you should have a 6 cored chip such as a 1090T, you'll have to run them all with that bench, if you should have a chip like my 960T, anything from it's stock 4 cores to a fully unlocked 6 cored chip is OK - If it will unlock in the first place. The above applies with any bench that the number of cores affects the outcome or result.

I hope this helps a little and if not there are others here that's probrably better than I about explaining it correctly - Just ask, they should chime in if need be.

AND...... If I got it wrong in whole or part, we'll both learn something.

Edited by Bones