HWBOT Community Forums

[Overclocking Support Thread] MSI X99 OC & GAMING Motherboards

mr. robot

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heya Pepsi-norang! I think tis time to add the MSI X99A Godlike Gaming Carbonated motherbroad to the first page list and add all its BIOS and software and hardware informations. I just got my Godlike Carbon delivered TODAY and it looks sweet like PEPSI!

Heya Pepsi-norang! I think tis time to add the MSI X99A Godlike Gaming Carbonated motherbroad to the first page list and add all its BIOS and software and hardware informations. I just got my Godlike Carbon delivered TODAY and it looks sweet like PEPSI!

Sure, I'll do that as soon as I get my notebook back with access to our internal severs (it is dead after my last trip), probably next week.

I didn't update the thread with new BIOS/tools for a while and I'm sorry about that, I've been quite busy with marketing these past months...

Sure, I'll do that as soon as I get my notebook back with access to our internal severs (it is dead after my last trip), probably next week.

I didn't update the thread with new BIOS/tools for a while and I'm sorry about that, I've been quite busy with marketing these past months...

No worries! I had a feeling you've been pretty busy. I just updated my MSI X99A Godlike Gaming to an MSI X99A Godlike Gaming CARBON!

Well, actually when you think aboot it, it really isn't an update hardware-wise as it is more a update COLOR-wise than anything else. I think the normal Godlike and the CARBON GODLIKE are basically the same exact motherboard just with different colored "Dragon Armor"; is that right? Maybe a different color-skinned BIOS too and other different looking things.

Wait no. I take it back. There IS an upgrade. Now the RAM slots are also metal covered on the CARBON. The normal Godlike RAMslots are plain black plastic. Maybe the Mystic Lights have been a little updated as well. I have not installed the motherboard yet. I'll let people know.

It definitely looks 1000x more BADASS!

Besides MSI Steel Armor around the DIMM slots and the new CARBON color scheme it's the same board, your are right. :)

Oh well, the black color scheme was well worth it. In my opinion, this board should have originally been released only in BLACK and or Carbon to begin with. Red is just so cliche nowadays and EVERY motherboard manufacturer is using Red & Black in their high-end gaming boards (except surprisingly Asus! They are using Gunmetal and Pewter now but they started that silly red & black craze).

I hope MSI goes out on their own and develops their own gaming color schemes. I hate red and black. ALL BLACK looks amazing and black and white looks nice. Also I hope they throw in some PURPLE. Purple would be f'ing INCREDIBLE!!

Pepi-sama, tell them to make a black and purple high-end motherboard!!!!

Edited by vdelvec

Oh well, the black color scheme was well worth it. In my opinion, this board should have originally been released only in BLACK and or Carbon to begin with. Red is just so cliche nowadays and EVERY motherboard manufacturer is using Red & Black in their high-end gaming boards (except surprisingly Asus! They are using Gunmetal and Pewter now but they started that silly red & black craze).

I hope MSI goes out on their own and develops their own gaming color schemes. I hate red and black. ALL BLACK looks amazing and black and white looks nice. Also I hope they throw in some PURPLE. Purple would be f'ing INCREDIBLE!!

Pepi-sama, tell them to make a black and purple high-end motherboard!!!!

You are right, that's why we made the GODLIKE CARBON, because many users complained about the all Red&Black again.

In fact, we did start a lot of color trends that are now copied by everyone:

- 1st "Clean" Matte Black PCB motherboards (Z87 GAMING removed most of the white lines/inscriptions and moved most logos on the back of the PCB, now everyone also does that)

- 1st Black&White motherboard (Z97 SLI Krait Edition, now ASUS also has some as well)

- 1st RGB LED motherboard (X99A GODLIKE GAMING, now ASUS, GIGABYTE and even BIOSTAR also have it).

- 1st Silver motherboard (Z170A XPOWER Titanium, still not copied yet)

- 1st Carbon motherboards (Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON & X99A GODLIKE GAMING CARBON, still not copied yet)

Not sure if there will ever be a purple MSI board, but an Hello Kitty version has been discussed: attachment.php?attachmentid=4151&stc=1&d=1460689897

Hahaha :D

Edited by pepinorang

You are right, that's why we made the GODLIKE CARBON, because many users complained about the all Red&Black again.

In fact, we did start a lot of color trends that are now copied by everyone:

- 1st "Clean" Matte Black PCB motherboards (Z87 GAMING removed most of the white lines/inscriptions and moved most logos on the back of the PCB, now everyone also does that)

- 1st Black&White motherboard (Z97 SLI Krait Edition, now ASUS also has some as well)

- 1st RGB LED motherboard (X99A GODLIKE GAMING, now ASUS, GIGABYTE and even BIOSTAR also have it).

- 1st Silver motherboard (Z170A XPOWER Titanium, still not copied yet)

- 1st Carbon motherboards (Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON & X99A GODLIKE GAMING CARBON, still not copied yet)

Not sure if there will ever be a purple MSI board, but an Hello Kitty version has been discussed: attachment.php?attachmentid=4151&stc=1&d=1460689897

Hahaha :D

^^^This really needs to be a thing!

Was wondering if you guys don't mind sharing your memory overclock settings on the Godlike? I've been trying to get 2666 mhz stable without luck on my 5820K on a Zalman CNPS9900Max. Been playing the Division and it keeps crashing and rebooting sometimes I get a message 'Your overclock settings have failed - press F1'. Been keeping the cpu frequency at stock I got the system agent at + 0.50 volts and XMP enabled on my HyperX 2800mhz Predators. Is there any thing else?

Thanks

For me it seems that XMP is totally broken with latest bios on my Godlike. Also the dram voltage sometimes work and sometimes not. If so my settings work fine. If not i get "overclocking failed pres f1" mostly when booting up after a longer period in standby. I then need to switch voltage in bios for + or - 0.15v for dram and save and reboot and hopefully it boots with 1.35v and above. Mostly it will do not. With XMP enabled it stays strictly at 1.20v and so is when its set it self back. Bios 1.0 and 1.1 were working well.

Moreover sometimes the board when booted after some time in standby dont recognizes my Steelseries Sensei mouse. I need to plug it out and back in again to make it work. In my opinion there is something weird going on with the two latest bios versions.

Also remember bios version 1.3 was taken back by MSI and they released version 1.4 . But bios still seems to be broken. With bios 1.2 the problems started. But 1.4 seems even more worse.

Edited by ChriscomIT

Well I have a bad feeling about this board and that it's not the 'Godlike' board it was billed as. I mean I lose confidence when I see them release a bios and take it back. I also get those 'Overclock failed press F1' messages. At least they kind of fixed my double post cold boot issue sort of. Works and starts up smoothly non stop at default bios settings but not at all if I change just one bios setting!

Anyhow maybe I'm not applying the right levels of vccio and super agent voltages properly. Maybe I have an i7 5820k with a bad memory controller. So if anyone skilled in overclocking can please post your stable ram OC settings would appreciate it,

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk