HWBOT Community Forums

[Overclocking Support Thread] MSI X99 OC & GAMING Motherboards

mr. robot

Which type of Mem ICs are you guys running ? E and B die clock well here on 1.5 & 1.6, but MFR is troublesome above +3250... Sticks do 3333Mhz easily elsewhere

MSI Godlike Gaming:

Bios v1.6 I encounter some stability issues with HSWE, fine for BWE

Downgraded to v1.5... better for HSWE than 1.6, though indeed no HSWE Uncore clocking due to missing Ring voltages

5960X with E DIE memory at 3400

5960X15Edie3400.jpg

6950X with E DIE

5960X15Edie3200.jpg

6950X with MFR

6950X2.jpg

Meesa use deez: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel Z170 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16Q-32GTZ - Newegg.com

Enjoy!

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew
How tight can you go/how high on VDIMM?

If I leave VCSSA on Auto I can run 3333C13-15-15-28 1T (Thx Pepi). However this AUTO value sets 1.45. On air I'm not comfortable with these volts even though many memory vendors confirmed this is still okayish... I'm fien with on air, but for air , watercooling might be better to back down a bit

I'm checking if the board needs these wacky volts just to post, thus if we can lower the value in the OS. Thing is for 3200C12-12-12-28 BDie I need 1.265 VCSSA

I reported some stability issues with 5960X to MSI with Godlike 1.6 bios, they have replicated it and are working on a fix ( including maybe OC ring voltages ) Fingers crossed

Edited by Leeghoofd

• 2 weeks later...
So do we get a V1.70 for the OG Godlike with Intel RAID setup screen fix and Ring OC1+2 ?

Bumping for request, adding a new SSD to existing array and need Intel RAID setup bios enabled.

Also having BSOD's with mem at 3200 AUTO (auto timings) whereas the 1.3 bios didn't have such behaviour.

Edited by GunnzAkimbo

So do we get a V1.70 for the OG Godlike with Intel RAID setup screen fix and Ring OC1+2 ?

The Intel RAID setup screen was not touched in new BIOS

Maybe new Intel RAID ROM reduces the display time.

On my X99A GODLIKE GAMING, the setup screen shows for about 2 seconds.

BTW, you could press Ctrl+I to setup RAID configuration.

I try with BIOS 172. https://goo.gl/17fngP (short link for Google Drive)

attachment.php?attachmentid=4538&stc=1&d=1469600909

For Broadwell-E, by switching "CPU VCCU Voltage Control" to "external", CPU Ring OC1/OC2 voltage is available.

For Haswell-E, the CPU Ring OC1/OC2 voltage is back.

attachment.php?attachmentid=4537&stc=1&d=1469599924

attachment.php?attachmentid=4539&stc=1&d=1469608490

Edited by MTC

OK, 1.72 bios installed.

Ring OC is there but board wont boot with 4000 ring + it will not do 3000Mhz XMP (125 FSB).

All settings AUTO as well, even just changing XMP only to profile 1, board crash boots needing a cmos reset.

Also, Intel RAID bios not showing, RAID enabled in integrated peripherals.

Pressing CTRL-I results in nothing, all through the post boot.

I think this board is bunnyed, it somehow killed my 5960X too, a J batch purchased in July 2015. It was replaced with a L batch.

It's still under warranty, so might get the board replaced.

The MSI forum are ignorant.

*going to switch bios and see if intel option rom diplays.

Edited by GunnzAkimbo

Currently I'm using an X99A Xpower AC.

Yesterday, I noticed my FPS was low and apparently, the cpu is now working at just 1200MHz. I tried nearly everything, even flicking the slow mode switch, but nothing seems to work.

Now my question is, has anyone else experienced that and also, the led in the picture below, next to the ATX connector, what does it mean? Is it related to the slow mode switch or something else? I don't see it being on on other user's systems.

6ad873a8fd.jpg

Then it stays on.

Just confirmed it was a broken slow mode switch. I soldered it off and connected the bottom pin with the middle one and now the cpu runs at full speed again. Still wondering how a slow mode switch breaks all of a sudden.

Then it stays on.

Just confirmed it was a broken slow mode switch. I soldered it off and connected the bottom pin with the middle one and now the cpu runs at full speed again. Still wondering how a slow mode switch breaks all of a sudden.

If you've never used the switch before then it was probably shoddy construction or bad QC on MSI's part; unfortunately.

I've got to come back to this issue. It was fine when I tested it on a testbench. Then mounted it back in my pc case, and for some reason, after the next reboot, it was on 1200MHz again, slow mode led was on. How on earth is that even possible.

I've got to come back to this issue. It was fine when I tested it on a testbench. Then mounted it back in my pc case, and for some reason, after the next reboot, it was on 1200MHz again, slow mode led was on. How on earth is that even possible.

If you've never used the switch before then it was probably shoddy construction or bad QC on MSI's part; unfortunately.

Please write the serial number of the motherboard. Faced with the same problem, thinking on the defective part.