mr. robot

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can toggle it to the other layout.

Noooo! Meesa want CLICKBAIT!!

EDIT:

I downloaded and installed the CLICKBAIT 5 BIOS 131 and I lubb3r it! Still able to clock @ 4.4Ghz Core (1.2v) and 4.4 Uncore (Auto) and now my XMP setting works with my G.Skill Trident Z 32GB PC-25600 DDR4-3200MHz.

LOVING this new BIOS even though its still in BETA. Love the new design of the BIOS screen!

Edited by vdelvec

its very beta though, no sign of intel raid bios (might be a reason for it) and no dragon on main screen... no dragon!

My 2x WD Velociraptors are are Intel RAID-0 and working fine on the new BIOS. IntelRST is working fine too. Drives are 100% stable and working via Intel RAID.

Not having the dragon sucks but I didn't even notice twas gone in all honesty.

Please check with new 131 bios bro. It change the bios UEFI but with 64GB and quad sli, the bios warning like: PCI out of resources condition and hang....

Interesting

godlike 131 beta

build date 19.11.2015

* Rapid storage not showing at post.

* CTRL-I not working at post.

** turns on and off for minor changes to ring multi, surely it doesn't need to.

Fan profiler is more precise

Thanks for your feedback @ocvn & @GunnzAkimbo.

However as I repeated many times already, this thread is for OC Support ONLY.

For anything not related to OC, please contact technical support directly (http://register.msi.com), as it does not belong here. ;)

I think there are 2 revisions of the board.

It's not a potato, boots into desktop 4.6G auto volts, just Ring settings will not go above 3.6 auto volts.

There is only one revision of the X99A GODLIKE GAMING.

Core and Ring are two very different things, your CPU can have a very good core and very bad IMC, which seems to be your case. :(

As you can see, most users don't have issues to reach more than 4Ghz no matter BIOS, so this is definitely CPU related.

Try to set Ring OC2 to 1.5v and Ring voltage to 1.35v for 4GHz, if it don't boot then your CPU has the worst IMC I have ever seen.

If it does boot, then try to lower these voltage separately until you find the limit for each.

Edited by pepinorang

My 2x WD Velociraptors are are Intel RAID-0 and working fine on the new BIOS. IntelRST is working fine too. Drives are 100% stable and working via Intel RAID.

Not having the dragon sucks but I didn't even notice twas gone in all honesty.

Try pressing CTRL-I at post, the difference from 120 to 131 is the post setup screen and RAID array listing is missing.

So you cant build a new array to start with.

My 2 raid arrays "worked" in windows, still access the drives read write benchmark on them, but IRS claimed that the array was not compatible and needed to be deleted...in Win10. Tried installing newest IRS didn't help.

Ive deleted the raid arrays back to single drives and IRS claims everything is fine, now.

Edited by GunnzAkimbo

Thanks for your feedback @ocvn & @GunnzAkimbo.

However as I repeated many times already, this thread is for OC Support ONLY.

For anything not related to OC, please contact technical support directly (http://register.msi.com), as it does not belong here. ;)

There is only one revision of the X99A GODLIKE GAMING.

Core and Ring are two very different things, your CPU can have a very good core and very bad IMC, which seems to be your case. :(

As you can see, most users don't have issues to reach more than 4Ghz no matter BIOS, so this is definitely CPU related.

Try to set Ring OC2 to 1.5v and Ring voltage to 1.35v for 4GHz, if it don't boot then your CPU has the worst IMC I have ever seen.

If it does boot, then try to lower these voltage separately until you find the limit for each.

if it had bad imc it wouldn't run 3000mhz ram at 3200 so easily.

if it had bad imc it wouldn't run 3000mhz ram at 3200 so easily.

It's not relevant, I never had issues to run 3000CL10 ~ 3200 CL12 or even 3333 XMP on any 5960X I tested.

However some of those same chips did had poor ring frequency.

Try the settings I provided to you and if you can't boot you'll have your answer. ;)

Some CSI skills.

The MOTHERBOARD not CPU, is doing something wrong. See if you can spot it.

The last pic is a CMOS reset.

Some OC skills.

1) Ring voltages in the table I provided are measured with a DMM hooked on V-Check points

2) Ring OC2 voltages in the table I provided are measured with a DMM hooked on socket pins

3) There is always differences between DMM and BIOS reading (even between DMM brand A vs DMM brand B)

4) Because of 3) 1.12v BIOS = 1.15v DMM

5) Motherboard can't read or display any of the Turbo Socket extra voltages

Edited by pepinorang

Some OC skills.

1) Ring voltages in the table I provided are measured with a DMM hooked on V-Check points

2) Ring OC2 voltages in the table I provided are measured with a DMM hooked on socket pins

3) There is always differences between DMM and BIOS reading (even between DMM brand A vs DMM brand B)

4) Because of 3) 1.12v BIOS = 1.15v DMM

5) Motherboard can't read or display any of the Turbo Socket extra voltages

OOooOOoOoooHHHHhhh! Touche!! LOL

Some CSI skills.

The MOTHERBOARD not CPU, is doing something wrong. See if you can spot it.

The last pic is a CMOS reset.

And Holy Mother of Jesus Christ fried with vegetable oil in a batter topped corrndog... WHY is your idle temp for your CPU @ 48c?!?!?

• 3 weeks later...
hello, iam newbe

Whats the story of msi godlike bios 123 and 131 are they safe to flash.

I'm asking because my MSI godlike x99 has some bios issues...seeking for help.

123 and 131 are BETA BIOS, 120 is MP (Mass Production) BIOS.

Always use MP BIOS unless you have unresolved issues to fix, in this case you could try BETA.

Thanks.

Yes I'm giving problem with the board it so unstable, can oc to 4.5 @ v1.288 with xmp 3200 @ v1.35 and I can burn stress two hours and benchmark to.

And play bf4 and bf Star Wars fore 5 house with no problems.

My highs temp its between 50 to 57c @ full load. In 4K .

But when boot in Windows just do anything like install a small software or copy a file from use stick to my ssd. The system crash and say Error " core error processor_dx11 code.1234" God knows what the hell that means .

Anyway my windows 10 build 10240 very stable.

So end up draw back to 4.4 v1.279 @ 3200mhz v1.35 at this OVerclock my stable.

No that i7-5930k can oc to 4.5 and be very stable.

I just need help to stable this board .

Help needed?

Thanks

Thanks.

Yes I'm giving problem with the board it so unstable, can oc to 4.5 @ v1.288 with xmp 3200 @ v1.35 and I can burn stress two hours and benchmark to.

And play bf4 and bf Star Wars fore 5 house with no problems.

My highs temp its between 50 to 57c @ full load. In 4K .

But when boot in Windows just do anything like install a small software or copy a file from use stick to my ssd. The system crash and say Error " core error processor_dx11 code.1234" God knows what the hell that means .

Anyway my windows 10 build 10240 very stable.

So end up draw back to 4.4 v1.279 @ 3200mhz v1.35 at this OVerclock my stable.

No that i7-5930k can oc to 4.5 and be very stable.

I just need help to stable this board .

Help needed?

Thanks

If it can pass 2 hours stress test, there is very little to no chance your issue is related to your OC.

As highlighted by the error code you provided ("core error processor_dx11 code.1234"), your issue doesn't seem to be related to your motherboard but rather to DirectX 11 or OS.

Anyway that's easy to verify: Just try to load default settings in BIOS (F6) and reproduce your issue, if it's still there, then please contact our technical support directly at this address: https://register.msi.com/ They will sort it out for you. :)

Sorry! but its not software related or the processor.

I hive read alot on other forum of other people hiving the same problem I hive. The shutdown and dosent turn on again,And, them try to turn it on, shutdown again. the only to restart board its to do hard bios reset. which don't make any sense. Seriously MSI, $600 board is a lot of money.

Yea, my msi X99A Gaming ACK board can overclock to 4.5 @ 1.280v /3200hmz 1.35v with same processor that I hive 5930k. highest temp full load 55c to 57c all core's.

I only upgraded because the msi godlike is the best highend gaming board in the market today.

but my gut feeling tells me something is wrong, With VR voltage regulator, it may hive one of them bad.

I did notice the in bios setting the ==> SA voltage 0.84v its set by default.

look at the picture #3 that post of bios setting.

When start oc, and I changing from 35 to 44 on all core, the {SA voltage jump to 1.328v} and the {CPU Ring voltage jump to 1.264v} when set the CPU Ring Voltage to 1.285v.

Now here's the funny part, If try OC manualy and set the {SA voltage 0.84v} by default. the board wouldn't boot. I would hive to reset the cmos again.mad.gif

Now, with MSI X99A gaming ACK board, I don't hive this problem.

This board came out one year ago, and still no information on how use the special features of the bios for overclocking.

Sorry! but its not software related or the processor.

I hive read alot on other forum of other people hiving the same problem I hive. The shutdown and dosent turn on again,And, them try to turn it on, shutdown again. the only to restart board its to do hard bios reset. which don't make any sense. Seriously MSI, $600 board is a lot of money.

Yea, my msi X99A Gaming ACK board can overclock to 4.5 @ 1.280v /3200hmz 1.35v with same processor that I hive 5930k. highest temp full load 55c to 57c all core's.

I only upgraded because the msi godlike is the best highend gaming board in the market today.

but my gut feeling tells me something is wrong, With VR voltage regulator, it may hive one of them bad.

I did notice the in bios setting the ==> SA voltage 0.84v its set by default.

look at the picture #3 that post of bios setting.

When start oc, and I changing from 35 to 44 on all core, the {SA voltage jump to 1.328v} and the {CPU Ring voltage jump to 1.264v} when set the CPU Ring Voltage to 1.285v.

Now here's the funny part, If try OC manualy and set the {SA voltage 0.84v} by default. the board wouldn't boot. I would hive to reset the cmos again.mad.gif

Now, with MSI X99A gaming ACK board, I don't hive this problem.

This board came out one year ago, and still no information on how use the special features of the bios for overclocking.

The problem you "hive" is a software issue. DX11 is software.

Hey Pepi, any idea when MSI will be releasing that new X99A GODLIKE Gaming Carbon motherboard they just showed off at the CES show in the USA?

Edited by vdelvec

The problem you "hive" is a software issue. DX11 is software.

Hey Pepi, any idea when MSI will be releasing that new X99A GODLIKE Gaming Carbon motherboard they just showed off at the CES show in the USA?

Sorry my friend but you're wrong again. I have been ADMIN IT for over seven years. Building servers is what do for living. I would deathly know if this software related.

Anyway it turn out be one of memory module was bad. I contact G-skill, they send a replacement. After that, the problem when away.

The system is now fully completed and stable

Sorry my friend but you're wrong again. I have been ADMIN IT for over seven years. Building servers is what do for living. I would deathly know if this software related.

Anyway it turn out be one of memory module was bad. I contact G-skill, they send a replacement. After that, the problem when away.

The system is now fully completed and stable

Yet you were blaming MSI and the board in first place, while many other here don't have issues...

So maybe that long rant of yours was unnecessary?

Well, anyway I'm glad you solved your problem now. ;)

Edited by pepinorang

Should be available around March in EU, what region are you from?

Pepi: I live in the United States of America

Oh and Pepi. I noticed an issue with the Godlike's 131 BETA BIOS. When I enable XMP in BIOS, the little red XMP LED light on the motherboard that's supposed to light up isn't turning on. Perhaps you could relay that little bug to the BIOS development gurus over @ MSI so they can fix that in the next release?

Edited by vdelvec

Pepi: I live in the United States of America

Oh and Pepi. I noticed an issue with the Godlike's 131 BETA BIOS. When I enable XMP in BIOS, the little red XMP LED light on the motherboard that's supposed to light up isn't turning on. Perhaps you could relay that little bug to the BIOS development gurus over @ MSI so they can fix that in the next release?

I hear early March as well for US.

Well noted and forwarded for XMP LED!