HWBOT Community Forums

Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 Review

Hello fellas,

I'd like to inform you that I've just published the review of the Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 motherboard.

Some quotes from & about the review:

With the launch date of the Intel X48 Express Chipset approaching, BenchZone took the latest X48 Express Chipset equipped offering from Gigabyte for a spin on our prestigious test Bench.

Equipped with Intel's forthcoming high end ( enthusiast ) chipset, two PCI-Express 2.0 16x Slots, CrossFire & CrossFire-X support, along with DDR3-1800 support, the Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 is looking forward to meet our blazing fast hardware and warrant some decent benchmark scores and face the competition ( a Asus P5K3 Deluxe P35 motherboard ).

Don't get fooled by the light green & girls' pink colored DIMM Slots, the Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 seems to be a powerful motherboard and could rock the "neighborhood" with it's performance and features.

Does it stand up on the hype around it...how does it stack up against the Asus P5K3 Deluxe ?

Read the review now & see for yourself

For a full review you need to have some competition for the item being reviewed, this time we've set up a fight between the Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 and the Asus P5K3 Deluxe ( I have to admit, it's my favorite Core 2 Series motherboard ).

We configured the systems the same way, we matched the FSB & CPU & RAM frequencies, matched the main timings, and then fully tweaked each system.

The best of each board against the other's best.

In the following tables you can see our test systems specifications & configurations.

The timings are shown in the way they're presented in the BIOSes ( in that order, from top to bottom of course ).

The Es and Ds on the P5K3 Deluxe RAM Timings are for "Enabled" and "Disabled", and the number inside the parentheses are the Transaction Booster levels, for example E(0) means [ Transaction Booster = Enabled, Boost Level = 0 ], etc.

Since the Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 sets the FSB at 335MHz in reality while we've selected 333MHz in the BIOS setup, we used that FSB ( 335MHz ) on both boards ( both boards were running at 335MHz FSB & the CPU at 3015MHz ) [ that's in case you're wondering why our stock measurements were taken at 3015MHz ]

I've used & set up some systems based on Gigabyte P965 & P35 motherboards, and overclocked most of them, but they didn't perform as good as the Asus & Abit counterparts...

However...the GA-X48T-DQ6 is here to change that... and it did!

It's a decent piece of hardware, with only a small amount of bugs/issues/flaws..., most of them are BIOS related, and will more than likely be solved before or a little bit after the release date.

Whether you are a gamer or a overclocker ( average, or even extreme ) this board can definitely fill your needs & give you some pretty decent results.

Just like any motherboard, you need to spend some time with it to get a grip and figure how it "works" and "likes things", and then you can make it "fly".

Click here to read the full review

Feel free to express your thoughts/ideas/suggestions/questions here ;)

• 2 weeks later...