HWBOT Community Forums

The official ROG OC Showdown Formula Series Round 2 thread.

bbaxter18

• Administrators

Hwmonitor is needed for temp monitoring, it hasn´t been checked if it is reliable and safe against manipulation on Mainboard version and brand. There was one person on the comp that did not show mainboard tab on the results that were checked and I will not change rules that have been used for years because someone forgot to do what all others do and wants to make new rules in his own favour - you can send PM to Christian Ney if you think that rules are not fair and have to be changed, maybe he will overrule, but personally, without overrule, I will not accept results without CPUZ mainboard tab

Edited by websmile

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my new scores but I have a problem.

The new XTU score (with i7 4790K) is lower than last (i7 5930K).

I wish for the new score appear.

You should be able to unlink a score from the submission page. Check for "remove from contest" in the sidebar.

If you can't find it, let me know the link and I'll help you with it :)

• Administrators
I had at least two submissions blocked because a core temperature was at 20C, not above 20C. The latest submissions still need to be checked by moderators.

Non of your subs was removed because of temps - I told you that mainboard tab of CPUZ is mandatory and now see that you did all of your results you uploaded after our conversation here in thread without mainboard tab again :(. I have to remove them all, and on temp, I have to talk to Pieter again because it say load temp 20° at stages but 20° at general rules, for me it means sub 20 idle is forbidden as well, but I will get second opinion before I spoil people´s fun

Edited by websmile

Guest george.kokovinis

To Everyone ( Including mods ).

Please be advised and alerted to the fact that temperature report of HWmonitor is incorrect.

Tested on three platforms,

1) Z97-4790K

2) X99-5960X

3) E5-2699-V3 x 2

Temperatures reported are 6-7 degrees Celsius LESS than actual.

Per core and as Cpu or cpus package.

Test verified by direct comparison with :

1) Core temp

2) Real temp

3) Asus AIsuite3

4) MSI Command center.

All tools ran simultaneously and showed +/- 1 degree of temperature accuracy.

HWMONITOR showed 6-7 degrees LESS.

Example :

5960X - 4.8ghz, 1.35V, with exceptionally good custom water setup.

Idle as per four tools : 26-27 on all eight cores with 21 degrees ambient.

HWmonitor reports 18-19 ( below ambient ) temperatures per core.

Please be alerted.

• Administrators

Thanks for the test - for the actual comp it makes no difference though as everyone participating had the same maybe "incorrect" measuring. This is in fact one of the reasons we want competitors to use same software for readout of values and hardware, so that we have same chances for all even if something works a bit inaccurate - thanks again for the test, interesting result

Websmile:

The rules page calls for "Submissions must include a picture of the rig (MB, VGA, memory, CPU cooler) during use, except XTU." That picture carries the responsibility for showing the motherboard if HW Monitor is insufficient.

NOWHERE in the rules is there a call for the Mainboard CPU-Z tab -- only the CPU and Memory tabs. I have strong objection to someone making up another rule and not placing it on the rules page, especially when it is made up late in the competition.

One thing I did not get from the above discussion is your authority. Are you a moderator?

Guest george.kokovinis
Thanks for the test - for the actual comp it makes no difference though as everyone participating had the same maybe "incorrect" measuring. This is in fact one of the reasons we want competitors to use same software for readout of values and hardware, so that we have same chances for all even if something works a bit inaccurate - thanks again for the test, interesting result

You are welcome.:)

Just my 0.2 cents -

7 degrees is not a bit inaccurate.

I have no interest in this competition, so I am totally objective.

7 degrees margin on idle ( 27 actual/20 HW ) or even ( 21 actual/ 14HW ),

immediately excludes the potential of some really good water setup that can bring under favorable ambient conditions cpu idle temp near 20 degrees.

Practically, under full load this translates to a 100-150mhz top end difference.

This top end difference is more than enough to win or be excluded.

Thank you.

• Administrators
Websmile:

The rules page calls for "Submissions must include a picture of the rig (MB, VGA, memory, CPU cooler) during use, except XTU." That picture carries the responsibility for showing the motherboard if HW Monitor is insufficient.

NOWHERE in the rules is there a call for the Mainboard CPU-Z tab -- only the CPU and Memory tabs. I have strong objection to someone making up another rule and not placing it on the rules page, especially when it is made up late in the competition.

One thing I did not get from the above discussion is your authority. Are you a moderator?

It is common knowledge that you have to show cpuz cpu,memory and mainboard tab when a competition is restricted to certain brand and mainboard series. And yes, "hwbot staff" under my nick says I am a moderator. As stated before you could have contacted Christian Ney, you obviously did not do, and of 150 submissions for this contest you are only one! who did not include cpuz mainboard tab despite rules. You even got a personal heads up two weeks before competition ended and uploaded later results without cpuz mainboard tab again :) I guess there is no need to discuss this anymore

Edited by websmile