HWBOT Community Forums

Z97 DDR3 recommendations?

orange slots are the correct slots.

try +0.1 on each VSA and IO. on Z97 you're too high.

start at 2.2vdimm and work down.

set just the primaries and post at 2600, 2666, then 2800.

its really not that hard, unless your cpu really is that bunnyextraction.

Man... It booted and passed a bench too, I'm so sad right now lol

I can't believe all I needed was orange slots!!

Stop watching p**n and give the orange slots a go :D - use a fan to cool the mems :)

Ty guys so much, it worked!

Now I need to fine tune a little bit more for IOL/RTL Also, it says my TWR is 18, but in BIOS it's set to 10?

I'm only at 2.115 VDIMM, is it really safe to go up to 2.35? Maybe I could get the timings tighter with more volts?

j0fOH.png

Ty guys so much, it worked!

Now I need to fine tune a little bit more for IOL/RTL Also, it says my TWR is 18, but in BIOS it's set to 10?

I'm only at 2.115 VDIMM, is it really safe to go up to 2.35? Maybe I could get the timings tighter with more volts?

Nice, I have been wondering why you couldn't even boot 2800 C9 on the sammies. I have been thinking about getting a Z97 OC Force, so I have a good board from all the top brands but was having my doubts since Ram tweaking is what I enjoy. I already knew the LN2 version was good but it's hard to find a new or unmolested one for sale. You don't happen to live in the greater Milwaukee area do you, I stopped at Praxair today for some dice and get my final cost on Dewar rental and the guy said another guy has been coming in recently as well and they thought I was the only guy using there products for Overclocking up until now. Sure would like to find out who since I don't know anyone else who enjoys this kind of fun like we do.Goos job man, so are you still going to sell the other 2 sticks...I say keep em

Nice, I have been wondering why you couldn't even boot 2800 C9 on the sammies. I have been thinking about getting a Z97 OC Force, so I have a good board from all the top brands but was having my doubts since Ram tweaking is what I enjoy. I already knew the LN2 version was good but it's hard to find a new or unmolested one for sale. You don't happen to live in the greater Milwaukee area do you, I stopped at Praxair today for some dice and get my final cost on Dewar rental and the guy said another guy has been coming in recently as well and they thought I was the only guy using there products for Overclocking up until now. Sure would like to find out who since I don't know anyone else who enjoys this kind of fun like we do.Goos job man, so are you still going to sell the other 2 sticks...I say keep em

I was planning on selling the other two sticks to pick up a cpu block for when my 1080mm radiator comes in, but maybe I should keep them incase I kill a stick somehow so I can rma.

I'm from Salem Oregon so it's definitely not me coming in! :D I'm really hoping once I get my 1080 rad and 980/4770k on the loop I can get more points. I want first in novice real bad xD.

I got to second place in rookie but couldn't quite get first. I reckon now that my I got my mems to do 2800 I can do some more testing once I'm on water for 3d benches and CPU stuff and maybe get my scores up!

Edited by Lays