HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2015 - SC2: GPU Challenge thread.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because everyone can do it?

Not because of that.

Because of it's ranking system.

1st submission get's the top ranking and all the rest get nothing (i mean less and less points).

At least that's what i see right now.

Country cup is not a speedy competition with a narrow time frame.

All teams must have a reasonable time to prepare and a fair chance to fight for 1st place.

You cant write , that there is a soft launch at 15/07/2015

Then wait for full throttle at 01/08/2015.

The stage ends 15/09/2015

But the top ranking goes to the 1st submission.

Come on.

Where does it say that this is a time frame stage ?

Limitations

A verification screenshot is required.

Please attach a picture of your overclocking rig.

Only submissions made on or after 2015-07-15 are allowed.

Official Team Cup 2015 background mandatory (for stages with screenshot verification): download

Edited by TASOS

Not because of that.

Because of it's ranking system.

1st submission get's the top ranking and all the rest get nothing (i mean less and less points).

At least that's what i see right now.

Country cup is not a speedy competition with a narrow time frame.

All teams must have a reasonable time to prepare and a fair chance to fight for 1st place.

You cant write , that there is a soft launch at 15/07/2015

Then wait for full throttle at 01/08/2015.

The stage ends 15/09/2015

But the top ranking goes to the 1st submission.

Come on.

Where does it say that this is a time frame stage ?

Why not just plug a graphics card in and get it done. Only takes about 2 hours to get the score with the right card so stop complaining and start competing!!!

Please fix the problem with this stage-6

http://oc-esports.io/#!/round/team_cup_2015_sc2/2365/cloud_gate_target:_250

Give the same points , to whoever , gets the target score or change the whole stage project.

Are you boycotting the stage then? Why not get a score up while there are still some good points to be had? I mean its not F1 racing, TechSweden hasn't won it already.

I'm pretty sure it was intentional so I don't see it getting changed.

Not sure if it was noticed but the engine is taking all submissions made in the cloud gate target 250 subcomp and adding them all together on the leader board as 1 leader with 243 points...

Plus there are no team designations as to what team is ranked what...

error1_zps2qbg1tw5.jpg

erro2_zpsdmwp1ucl.jpg

Are you boycotting the stage then? Why not get a score up while there are still some good points to be had? I mean its not F1 racing, TechSweden hasn't won it already.

I'm pretty sure it was intentional so I don't see it getting changed.

Have you read my previous post ?

I think i made my self clear enough , about the reasons that are wrong.

Can you please answer my question below ?

A new team created today , wants to participate to Team Cup.

Do they have a chance to fight for 1st place in this stage ?

Not any more, but that is the way the stage was designed. I would argue that if a team was created one day before the competition, it might be the ONLY stage it had a chance of winning. The other 29 stages are heavily biased towards large teams, lots of hardware/sponsored teams, and those teams that are able to gather and share LN2 costs, etc. Should we start handicapping teams that have an advantage in some way. Perhaps if a team is based in a small country, perhaps of 132,000 square kilometers, they should get an automatic reduction in points because of how geographically close they are. I mean we are concerned with this new team being created right?

I honestly, could care less if they give everyone the same points or not, but the overview quite clearly states their was a stage that was time sensitive. If a team missed that clue, followed by the fact that only one stage was open, then why complain about it now? Sour grapes?

Not any more, but that is the way the stage was designed. I would argue that if a team was created one day before the competition, it might be the ONLY stage it had a chance of winning. The other 29 stages are heavily biased towards large teams, lots of hardware/sponsored teams, and those teams that are able to gather and share LN2 costs, etc. Should we start handicapping teams that have an advantage in some way. Perhaps if a team is based in a small country, perhaps of 132,000 square kilometers, they should get an automatic reduction in points because of how geographically close they are. I mean we are concerned with this new team being created right?

I honestly, could care less if they give everyone the same points or not, but the overview quite clearly states their was a stage that was time sensitive. If a team missed that clue, followed by the fact that only one stage was open, then why complain about it now? Sour grapes?

We are not transmitting at the same band.

Our frequencies are very far apart.

I have the feeling that you are trying to convince me that the original blackboard is white.

If English is your native language , can you please define "soft launch" ?

What i can tell you nevertheless is , that ...

A bad idea will always be a bad idea

Wrong will always be wrong.

I would appreciate , if somebody could explain to me , what the following text in the picture means , in plain English.

Not sure if it was noticed but the engine is taking all submissions made in the cloud gate target 250 subcomp and adding them all together on the leader board as 1 leader with 243 points...

Plus there are no team designations as to what team is ranked what...

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n619/MrPaco_CP/error1_zps2qbg1tw5.jpg

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n619/MrPaco_CP/erro2_zpsdmwp1ucl.jpg

I think I figured out what the issue is here. The ranking is almost normal again ... only need a small fix