HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI Godlike OC Tournament: Ambient 2D Battle thread.

CL3P20

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest george.kokovinis
hi , i've seen some submissions with hwmonitor only showing idle temp .

Is is allowed ?

In fact hwmonitor wasn' t even open while benching . They opened it just for the screenshot .

How is it possible to monitor load temperature then ?

thanks

Greetings my friend.

Here is my answer about the competition and its organizers :

:banana::banana::banana::nana::nana::nana:

Guest george.kokovinis
I agree with you

In my poor country we have a saying :

" Do not speak of a rope in the house of a hanged person "

:)

Guest george.kokovinis
Man when I saw this MSI challenge for Ambient users I got excited because I thought id actually be able to compete using fans and my AIO or custom water system but after seeing the top resulted using ice bucks and other deceives to cool there cpus down passed 20C before the load temperatures there's no way for me to keep pushing my setup =/ but I tried hopefully the 3D wont be so hard =p

p.s. if they really wanted to give people who don't have extra parts and money a chance they should have said idle temps had to be above 25C

good luck everyone

:celebration::celebration::celebration:

It is the whole concept of redefining what is ambient and what is not.

Seems EVERYTHING is ambient except LN2.

LMAO !!!

MM, are you reading any of this ?

Guest george.kokovinis
Criticism on temp limit is OK, but rules are same for everyone :) - we will consider the Input though, but I benched more than 10 years and I can tell you that it is not hard to manipulate "idle temperature".

I have been benching ( not here ) for twenty years.

A lot of other things can also be manipulated very easily.

Rules are inadequate and foggy.

Guest george.kokovinis
I moderated the extreme part of this comp today, and there was nothing inadequate or foggy :) - because ther is not temp and no cooling limit. Maybe you should consider to use your enormous experience and move up to XOC

Of course there is nothing foggy when anything is allowed.:)

"Strange" things happen, when limitations are applied, which :

1) Can not be 100% checked or controlled, but to the eye of the experienced user, they shout "cheat"

2) When the imposed rules and limitations have as a basis a parameter

called "ethics", which is not obviously understood by some.

Sure, some slack is ok, but such profound "mad in the face" is not ok.

As for me, I reserve the right to compete in any category, except ELITE.

I started as a rookie, novice and enthusiast.

Holding several world records here, especially in 3D, with water use,

right among the LN2 users, and most of the times, in the first ten worldwide, cooling irrelevant.

Be sure that when the right time comes, XOC will come:)

Discussion is not about me.

It is about improving the rules and the interpretation of what is

ambient and what is not.

Have a look ( sneak peak ) at the 3D ambient MSI competition.

There are three submissions.

All should be deleted.

Why ?

Not igp.

I said it before and I will say it again.

Most inexperienced users do not know even what igp is, moreover how

to overclock it.

In your ten years here, have you ever seen a 3D submission with igp ?

For heaven shake man:celebration:

• Administrators

On the IGP-issue - contact MSI :D - I would not have chosen this as well for a comp like this :) - but please take in, if MSI would have asked for a highly expensive videocard result by, for example 980TI MSI or a 970 or whatever, criticism that money dominates comp would have been real big

On general rules for EL comps, we have to live with the limits, you know it as good as I do. Temps are hard to control when you have an online competition, as well as some other issue. Sure we see suspicious results, we sometimes ask for proof then including video stream for example. So, we also count for ethics and wait for the mistakes of the people who don´t have these :D

Enjoy the competition, as said before, a lot is compromize on rules but we tried to find a balance. Maybe not always successful :celebration:

Guest george.kokovinis
On the IGP-issue - contact MSI :D - I would not have chosen this as well for a comp like this :) - but please take in, if MSI would have asked for a highly expensive videocard result by, for example 980TI MSI or a 970 or whatever, criticism that money dominates comp would have been real big

On general rules for EL comps, we have to live with the limits, you know it as good as I do. Temps are hard to control when you have an online competition, as well as some other issue. Sure we see suspicious results, we sometimes ask for proof then including video stream for example. So, we also count for ethics and wait for the mistakes of the people who don´t have these :D

Enjoy the competition, as said before, a lot is compromize on rules but we tried to find a balance. Maybe not always successful :celebration:

:woot:

:celebration::celebration::celebration:

I thought we were all hardware enthusiasts here? People really don't know what IGP is? These are technically APU's after all.

I do agree benching IGP is kind of... odd. Literally never touched the IGP in my life. Will be an interesting learning experience for sure, just here to have some fun and learn.

• Administrators

SPD tab is mandatory to show that retail memory was used according to the rules and you forgot it, like several other people. No choice for me but to remove the score from competition. This is why I always emphasize that reading the rules carefully (general and stage rules) is important

Checking my user profile I can see the geekbench score I posted a few hours before the end of the contest:

image_id_1469308.jpeg

http://hwbot.org/submission/2953697_bm_eu_geekbench3___single_core_core_i5_4670k_5100_points

I saw this score in the leaderboard. Is there anything wrong with this submission?

The score I submitted to Hwbot Prime is completely missing. I even received an email saying it was "checked by a moderator" (Christian Ney):

image_id_1456411.jpg

http://hwbot.org/submission/2933262_bm_eu_hwbot_prime_pentium_g3258_4055.51_pps

Is there anything wrong with this submission?

• Administrators

You call an empty spd tab proof? Proof of what? - sorry, if you choose wrong slot for showing spd, a slot where no stick is inserted, you provide zero information and can only blame yourself that your score was removed. You left me no choice. And btw, I am a bit tired of people not reading the rules, providing wrong or zero information and then complaining :) - if spd is not shown by cpuz, you can as well use Aida, this was XP solution for Xtreme Battle

P.S. It is for sure no fun to remove and block scores, I am bencher myself and hate to see work and effort going to waste. Second point is, it causes time consuming work to block and remove scores, much more than just to check and give OK. So don´t be angry, but I am not too fond of killing more of my time by discussing the obvious

Edited by websmile

You are absolutely right. I feel like bashing my head strongly against the wall. I did try to put one last HwBot Prime score on the last minute, but the site wasn’t showing the option to input temps, so I couldn’t validate that entry into the contest: [br] [/br]

image_id_1469314.jpg[br][/br]

Since the score wasn’t going to grant me a higher leaderboard I didn’t stress about it. That one has the SPD tab on the right slot. Guess that’s a mistake I’ll never repeat again.